Meijer / [protected] lucid audio amplifier hearing aid

We purchased this product on January 8 2019, for my husband who has terminal cancer.
Because of his radiation and chemo therapy we were unable to see a hearing medical doctor.
The hearing aide seemed to be the answer.
It worked great for several months. Unfortunately, it stopped working. Squealing static sounds. We checked the connections and changed the battery. Still had the squealing and static noises.
I was not able to get to meijers to return the product before the expired return policy due to my husbands medical condition.
The customer service Dept was very nice but wasn't able to even exchange it. I had to call manufacturer
They called the store and gave them an ok to exchange the product. They said they couldn't.
Now we have no hearing device. I have to wait for return label to send it back for repair, Or new product.
I have been a customer since the Algonquin store in Illinois opened. I understand there are polices. Although I didn't tell the customer service my husband medical issue, I would think if the manufacture is ok with crediting store after the time limit for returns. There wouldn't be a problem.
I was 1 week away from the 90 day return policy.

Meijer