Having problems with Medihelp?

Medihelp Customer Service Contacts

+27 860 100 678 (General Information)
+27 123 342 000 (International)
+27 123 342 428 (Fraudline)
+27 127 415 143 (Dental Risk Company)
+27 861 103 529 (Optometrists)
410 Steve Biko Road
Arcadia
South Africa - 0007
Postal Address
PO Box 26004, Arcadia 0007

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Medihelp Customer Service. Initial Medihelp complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Medihelp above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Medihelp. Discuss the issues you have had with Medihelp and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Medihelp Complaints & Reviews

MedihelpMembership ship cancelled and new application taking over 2 months ???

Membership was cancelled for missing 1 months premium, fine, then my Mother In-law had to re-apply for new membership. The Application was submitted on 19 Dec '19, with no response until the 16th of Jan '20. We're by Medihelp nearly doubled the monthly prescription, for late joiner penalty, but they where members a month before that at Medihelp with all the history needed. Letters has since been sent up and down, and with further info requested from Medihelp before they could consider the application on the 11th of Feb '20. We got everything and submitted it on the 18th of Feb'20, and 9 days later, still no answer. Meanwhile my mother in-law fell and broke her hip, where they should've been covered by Jan already. The service is absolutely poor...

Medihelpcancellation of medical aid

I have submitted my request to cancel my membership subscription due to the termination of my contract of employment. The employer said it's my responsibility because I signed the contract with them. And they are saying they also has the contract with my ex employer. I truly cannot afford to pay any contributions, the little that I have received must pay school fees.

Medihelpnon payment

my wife Brigette Katz had a procedure done in Sandton day clinic on NOV 8 2018
      We had the correct authorisations in place no [protected] yet Medihelp has yet to pay this account.
      when contacted they told me the codes were incorrect and the doctor/clinic had overcharged me.
      when i confronted the doctor/clinic they told me that all was in order with codes and the medical aid must pay, that is the same price as they were given when they got the authorisation number.
      The doctor who did the procedure was Dr Avenant.
      my policy no 6927351
      dimension plan 3
      kind regards
      Mr Yael Katz.

Medihelpmedical scheme greed

Medihelp seems to have turned in to medionly collects money and don't want to pay. I worked abroad for some years and because my SA medical aid (medihelp) can not provide cover abroad for extended periods I had to join a medical aid abroad. Upon returning and rejoining with proof of having been on a medical aid abroad what do I get a 12 month waiting period for pre-existing conditions. Their excuse - because it is not a South African medical aid the medical aid act does not apply. I have lived in 3 different countries abroad and was on medical aid in all of them. Not once have I had any waiting periods imposed on me by the medical schemes abroad. What is the use of being on a medical aid and paying them every month while they refuse to pay for things? Why get penalized for being on medical aid abroad while this medical aid could not provide the service anyway? All I can say is I am pretty tired of service providers in SA in general who have much much higher fees and provide services so sub par it can't even be compared. I have to be on a medical aid coz if something happens in SA you need it but I might as well not have one it is like flushing money doen the toilet for a year due to their poor excuses. My family has been with medihelp for 23 years but it seems it is time to move from this greedy scheme.

Medihelp — poor service on a patient that was submitted for an emergency operation

Yesterday Night my Husband was taken to the Springs Parklands Hospital due to that he passed out while taking...

Medihelp — refund of credit balance to client

Greetings After submitting a refund of a credit balance due to me from Medihelp, I was sent a form to...

Johannesburg

Medihelp — after waiting period claim not approved

Date: April 2018 Contact details: [protected] Medihelp Nu: 5929598 We have enquired to get a pair of glasse...

Port Elizabeth

Medihelp — terrible service and no customer care

I am on a PRIME 1 NETWORK plan, have been with Medihelp since 2014 and have never claimed. 4 weeks ago I wa...

Cape Town

Medihelp — Unfair rejection of hospital claim

Sent: 30 November 2016 12:05 PM Subject: Medihelp membership number 7663552- Code 02-rejection of hospital...

Pretoria

Medihelp — Authorization Number for operation

Two week ago i submitted forms to medihelp for a minor sinus operation for my son. It's 2 WEEKS now and still...

Pretoria

Medihelp — Poor Customer Service

After I resigned from Medihelp, they told me I owed them R3118, 00 for my savings account I used. I am not...

Medihelp — Resignation

On the 30 of December 2011, I phoned medihelp and informed them I no longer wished to be a member of their...

Medihelp — This is the worst medical aid

I really thought no one can beat disovery healt but you guys just did!!! what is the point of submitting your...

MedihelpNo feedback after two months

I am highly disgusted with this medical aid!! I joined a medical aid to enjoy the benefits and for peace of mind, but it has caused more problems than any thing else.

I was recently referred to a specialist. On the 3rd of February 2010 I called the customer service line for the first time to arrange this. I then called every 2nd day to follow up on the authorization. But was only told I will receive feedback soon. During the first week i called again as the authorization was now taking more than a month, and i was told by the call center it would take 4 days max.

On the 15th of March I decided to email Medihelp. Only on the 17th of March i received an email from Rozanne Nel stating they are awaiting feedback. This means nothing to me and is an unacceptable answer.

Only on the 6th of April did Bridget Groenewald reply to my email stating that the doctor hadn't filled in the form required. I cannot understand that it takes Medihelp more than two months to notify me that they are awaiting papers from the doctor, after I had made several calls.

Surely this is unacceptable client service. I cant recommend this Medical Aid to anyone if this is the kind of service one can expect.

MedihelpRefund of medical bill

I went to a specialist on 5 December 2010 – I paid him in full and send the account as well as proof of payment to Medihelp via email on 15 December 2010. On 7 January 2011 I learnt from them that they refunded the doctor for 2/3 of the amount and that the rest of the money will be paid into my bank account on 20 January.

First of all I had to request the Doctor to refund me – an unnecessary trouble for both parties due to Medihelp’s mistake and secondly after a few emails the money the Medihelp still owes me, is still not in my account.

You cannot get hold of them via telephone – you hold on forever and the general service of them is really appalling and definitely not acceptable

Medihelp — You are making a big mistake going with medihelp

I got an account from the dentist i visited who said i had not yet paid. i spoke to Medihelp and they advised...

Medihelp — I think that there add should be banned saying that they are the best

I am very unhappy with medihelp, they claim to be one of the best, well, they ***, really, my mom and dad...