Menu
IvyExec company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

15 complaints
15 resolved 0 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by IvyExec customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of IvyExec. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
A
2:34 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

IvyExec - unauthorized charge

I have been charged for a service calles career reaources by Ivy Exec, and did not authorize such a charge. I have been trying to get this resolved. Unfortunately, I not been able to get a person on the phone and have left three messages on their phone. I want the $105 refunded. I do not use theie service as I did not find it useful and terminated during a free trial 3 weeks ago.

Andra Shaw

2:58 pm EST

IvyExec - Charged my credit card

I do not want services with Ivy Exec. I never signed up for paid services. They charged $166 to my credit card without my approval. They also signed me up for 6 months of auto renewal. I would like my money back. They do not answer the phone when I call within business hours. It goes straight to a voicemail. This company seems very sketchy after all.

D
4:35 am EDT
IvyExec has left an official reply on this complaint.

IvyExec - Hidden auto charges!

I used IvyExec and thought that it was a free service. But the strange part was that when I registered I had to add my credit card details. Then, about two weeks later I noticed that IvyExec charged my card! I had no idea about these auto charges, so I contacted support team and they said that they give refunds only within 7 days. They refused to give my money back because 7 days already passed! There was nothing mentioned about that on their website! Is it legal?

G
12:57 pm EDT

IvyExec - Billing - Unprofessional auto-renewal systme

I was suddenly charged a huge amount on my debit card for an auto-renewal. There was not a single email regarding the auto-renewal and then after I was charged, the bill details on my account are also extremely shady not reflecting in any way what plan I have been upgraded for - monthly / six monthly / annual. This seems highly unprofessional, unethical and I am honestly quite shocked. I am really nervous and hope to get back my money as soon as possible.

1 comment
T
May 11, 2014 4:36 pm EDT

in the websites terms of use "All subscriptions are automatically renewed and billed before the end of the current membership term."

it appears you failed to read your agreement fully.

X
5:10 am EDT

IvyExec - They won't help at all

If you are a highly qualified, super bright, motivated, disciplined, competitive, and well qualified individual, they MIGHT get you an interview at a company that is already out advertising in the marketplace. But why not just apply to companies directly and cut out the middleman and save yourself the "fee"? Your new employer will thank you for it - and you can take yourself out to dinner with the money you would have wasted paying an agency like this. And don't even THINK about using "IVY" if you are over 50. They won't help at all.

5:19 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am a Corporate Recruiter and realized quickly that the jobs I posted on indeed were being copied onto Ivy Exec's site. I have never talked to these people nor does anyone here have a 'relationship' with them. They will not get any candidate's in front of me faster. In fact, they won't get you in front me at all. You can apply for free through indeed.com. Ridiculous, unprofessional and a downright scam. They need to stop.

S
5:09 am EDT
IvyExec has left an official reply on this complaint.

IvyExec - The site is a scam to get you to join their free trial membership and then auto join you to a 3 month subscription

The site is a scam to get you to join their free trial membership and then auto join you to a 3 month subscription. By the time you realize you've been charged the grace period for cancellation has passed and they are only willing to credit you back the additional 2 months which were charged at the discounted rate and hold back the first month at the full rate. They are in the business of collecting 1 month full fee's from unsuspecting business people. The site doesn't provide any additional value to those you get for free (ie. LinkedIn, Indeed, etc...). DO NOT SUBSCRIBE even for the free trial.

1 comment
K
May 01, 2022 10:52 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yep! I agree with everyone here and it sounds like we all have had the same experience, at least having a lot of money taking from our accounts without us knowing about it. I got an email for a free resume review sent to me on LinkedIn so I thought why not? Well, that was a waste of time but this weekend I find that my checking account is in the negative because they took $166 dollars out of it! That is a lot of money! That could or would have fed my family this week. And I cannot get hold of them. I would have NEVER agreed to that about of money because I would be able to pay it. Since I cannot get hold of them, I already reported it to the bank and will soon be posting it to the BBB. Geez, we just all need jobs and obviously if we need a job we do not have that money to spend but yet they are taking it from everyone. So unethical. And if they come back and say 'Oh! You must have had fraud on your account I will scream. Fraud Maybe but from them!

M
3:53 am EDT
IvyExec has left an official reply on this complaint.

IvyExec - The only way they make money, is by people forgetting to cancel the membership and have to pay the monthly auto-renewed fee

Ok, this company is a scam from top to bottom. I recieved the same email several other people has mentioned, targetting MBAs, offering hand-picked jobs.

So I decided to join, since they offered a free month if you add your credit card, so I emptied one card and put it in. The emails that I got, with the supposed "hand-picked" jobs are ridiculously bad.

One they sent me was "Product Manager" for Yahoo, so I was intrigued, and clicked apply, at which point they send me to yahoo´s own career page that is open to anyone, and this was the only job that was even close to match my experience. Others were CEO of this, and Director of that, all of which needs 10-20 years experience when I specifically told them in my profile that I have maybe 3 years tops.

The only way they make money, is by people forgetting to cancel the membership and have to pay the monthly auto-renewed fee.

C
3:51 am EDT

IvyExec - Do not give them your credit card details

Any reputable site will let you cancel at any time and refund any unused fees. Ivy Exec's "get lost" policy sums up the type of site they are. Do not give them your credit card details, they will happily help themselves, not send you reminders about billing and then blame you for the charge. Not happy, not impressed.

M
9:03 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Applied for a job they had posted. The following day I received an email saying that I need to "complete my application." Clicked on "complete my application." They wanted money to complete my application. Called IvyExec's marketing phone number. No other phone numbers listed. Asked whether my job "application" had been forwarded to the hiring company. Was told "no." Stay away from this "recruiting company!"

1:13 pm EST

IvyExec - Scam artists should not be in this business

I was notified that they could not accept me. Now I know why. I never give them all the correct information until I get something in return. Scam artists should not be in this business. People are hurting and then you get these ###. Go to linkedin and Dice they are the best. Hopefully these ### go broke and lose all their assets. Sounds like some think they are better class to me. Don't need them and neither do you.

1:55 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

With so many other great sites out there where one can find really great job listings, this one stands at the bottom of the barrel. You can find most of these job listings on other sites. Also, the resume review is pretty poor - my 12 year old niece could provide better feedback. Don't waste your money and try out more reputable career/job services and sites.

K
7:53 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

They spam MBAs with "exclusive" invitations to join... they get this emails by accessing the school's internal directories and stealing the addresses from there. The jobs they post are copied and pasted from the career pages of top companies, they tell you, you have to pay to apply and then redirect you to the original company site... when you ask what...

5:12 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Following a promotion from my business school I signed up for their free account but was surprised as it had virtually no listings for European positions. So I basically ignored the service from then on. Unfortunately, I hadn't been informed of their auto-renewal policy and was shocked to discover that they were billing me for a service I didn't use. I...

6:21 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

They have extremely poor service and the method of luring people in with "free trials" ends in their charging your credit card under shady circumstances. It takes forever for anyone to respond and they incorrectly charged my card which I am fighting. Their a- is getting reported to the Better Business Bureau. Really bad business model to piss off MBA's and the like.

IvyExec contacts