Menu

reviews & complaints

Play-sc Complaints Summary

1 Resolved
2 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Play-sc, which has a below-average resolution rate, demands caution. Thoroughly assess their service reviews and explore how they handle unresolved complaints. If you encounter issues, document your experiences meticulously and be persistent in seeking resolutions.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Play-sc has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Play-sc. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Play-sc complaints 3

Sort by:

Newest Play-sc reviews & complaints

J
7:37 am EDT

Play-sc Double charge

Purchased a game from Play-sc and they charged me twice for one and the same game! I emailed Play-sc customer service and finally received a reply after a week. They said that they need to look into the problem and promised to contact me later. Of course no one even tried to contact me so I emailed again and was told that they accidentally charged me twice because there was some kind of error in their payment system. Asked for a refund and they said that they don't do refunds! These people actually admitted that they stole my money and refused to give it back! They did not even offer me another game! This place is terrible. Better stay with Steam.

Read full review of Play-sc
N
12:31 pm EST

Play-sc After I provided info, they started to steal from me

I went to the website www.play-sc.com and wanted to get game from them, but I needed to create account there at first. I created account and provided the info, but after that these ### started to steal money from me. No idea how to stop these bogus charges. I wonder if there are people, who had the same thing. Maybe you can advise me how to stop these withdrawals. Please post your ideas and comments. Thanks.

Read full review of Play-sc
W
4:12 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Play-sc Product not legitimate/ refuse to refund

Bought Resident Evil 6 a PC game. Code arrived instantly but couldn't be activated saying it's a duplicated CD key. Asking me to use VPN to change my IP address to either Ukraine or Russia. Still failed to use it. Failed to connect to server during code activation.

They refuse to refund my money. It's been a 3 days already since I made the payment. When they reply in email they ask me for my steam account's user name and password which is needed to activate the game. They intend to activate the game on my behalf by using a Russian / Ukraine IP address.

Very dubious and low quality of customer service. No name in the email doesn't know who writes the reply emails and subject line of the email is haphazard.

And now refuse to refund and no replies. That's the way they take your money.

They even manipulate the customers reviews on their website and they deleted my review saying I don't have a proof of purchase. I can provide you the email conversation as well.

Here's the link to their website www.play-sc.com

The whole conversation of the email correspondence with their support is as below :

You remove my reviews on the site as well, what do you mean by missing proof of purchase?

I will take this to court soon. Now I want your site to be down and send you to court so you won't continue to cheat and abuse people's money.

Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 9:48 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: Play-SC.com: User filled in Contact Us form!

Hi,

We've already offered you to do the activation on your behalf but you provided wrong login credentials. Otherwise your code would have already been activated yesterday.

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 9:45 AM, wrote:
Now you don't want to reply? My profession is an auditor if you think I don't have the interest, guts and time to go through this process you are totally wrong. I'm interested to see how far I can go with this. It is not difficult to process a refund I have seen many different companies accounts, unless you choose to.

----- Forwarded Message -----
From:
To: "[protected]@play-sc.com"
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:21 PM
Subject: Re: Play-SC.com: User filled in Contact Us form!

Please process my refund. Do good to yourself and do good to me as well.

If not, I am going to file a case to the Ministry of Trade and Industry Singapore under the Consumer Protection Act. Providing them evidence that you request password to access my account, requesting me to misrepresent my IP address as a Russian or Ukraine address, the code is a duplicated code. I have got all the records with me and I will continue to compile the records and take it to a tribute. I do not feel inconvenient to do this since I am really unhappy about this.

I have got a printable version of your terms and conditions. I will let them examine as well I am sure your terms and conditions can be examined under the UNFAIR CONTRACT TERMS ACT (CHAPTER 396) of Singapore, which is significantly weighted against the consumers. I will bring it to the Subordinate Courts of Singapore. Maybe even the newspapers.

Now it's too late for you to alter any terms and conditions and alter the page that I look at. I will enlist different parties and seniors for help and make this public.

This is your address right?

SC Trade Group Pte. Ltd.
20 Cecil Street
#14-01 Equity Plaza
Singapore 049705

Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:24 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately we can't offer any refunds once a code has been sent out unless the code itself is faulty.
Sorry for inconvenience caused.

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 8:06 PM, wrote:
Hey man,

I think the way you do business... can I just have my money back?

Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:45 AM

Hi,

Steam told us either account name or password is incorrect.

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM, wrote:
Hi,

My user name is hiew85 and my password is NRB79Y7P.

Thanks.

Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 2:24 AM

Hi,

If you want us to activate on your behalf, we'll need your Steam login credentials. You'd also have to turn off Steamguard so we can login.

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 2:45 PM, wrote:
Can you do the activation on my behalf? I don't know if this will ruin my computer.

Thanks.

Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2013 9:10 PM

Hi,

Try OpenVPN instead or let us do the activation on your behalf:

1: Go to http://hideme.ru/premium/demo/
2: In the green box enter your email address
3: press the button
4: check your email
5: in the email copy the number after Ваш код: (for example Ваш код: 23518)
6: go to http://hideme.ru/vpn/
7: enter the code into the text box headed “Получить VPN доступ:” and press submit
8: download, save, and extract the file that it gives you to download
9: Browse to http://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html and download ‘windows installer’
10: run the OpenVPN installer file and install the software (with all options set to install)
11:
copy the ‘config’ folder inside the ‘windows’ folder of the zip file you downloaded from hideme.ru
to:
C:Program FilesOpenVPN
12:
Start OpenVPN by going Start -> Programs -> OpenVPN -> OPenVPN GUI. Right click and choose "Run as Administrator"
13:
You will see an icon appear in your taskbar that looks like internet. Right click it and go
HideME_Russian_Server -> Connect
14: The program will connect. Once connected you will now have russian IP. You can check by going tohttp://www.ipaddresslocation.org/ and seeing if it says you are from russia. Now simply start steam, log in, and activate your game.

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 7:16 AM, wrote:
I have already tried using the VPN. Did you read my email?

Please process my refund.

Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2013 11:43 PM

Hi,

Please use VPN for activation as mentioned on the product page:

After a few failed attempts, Steam will give an error saying your key is invalid. In that case just wait a few hours and try again. Make sure to activate via VPN.

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 8:15 AM, wrote:

You have received this notification from Play-SC.com because you are a registered user or you or some other registered user requested some information for you from our store.
Customers need help!
Web site: http://
Order number: 41088
Subject: Cancellation of order & Refund
Message:
Hi Play-SC.com I have just purchased Resident Evil 6 and it has been a long time I am facing downloading issues, it keeps telling me that my product key is duplicated, the product is not available in my country, or the server can't be connected. My computer even crashed when I tried different troubleshooting methods. I am not satisfied with the purchase and I think I am done with trying to get it work. Would you please refund my money and cancel my order? If not I will tell my friends about this. Thanks!
Thank you for using our shopping system
Play-SC.com
URL: Play-SC.com

Your Play-SC.com Team

We wish you Happy Shopping at www.Play-SC.com to get the best buy on CD Keys for Digital Download via Steam and EADM

Get Exclusive Discount Coupons by following us on Facebook or subscribing to our Newsletter

Read full review of Play-sc and 1 comment
View 0 more photos

It's resolved. Could you take this complaint down ? I mean could you remove it? Because other people can see that I make a complaint here. Thanks.

1 comment
Z
Z
zokotel
Northampton, GB
Jun 15, 2013 7:22 am EDT

I have purchased many games from these guys and been totally satisfied with them. As long as you follow their instructions to the T it is all fine. I hope you got it sorted with them. I had a delay with a code once but that's the only hiccup I've had. How did it go in the end?

Is Play-sc legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Play-sc as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 33% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Play-sc stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Play-sc should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Play-sc earns 96% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Play-sc achives 96% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Play-sc. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and email, as well as 2 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Our scan shows Play-sc website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Several positive reviews for Play-sc have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the play-sc.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
  • Play-sc protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • The website belonging to Play-sc has a low number of visitors, which could be a red flag for users. However, it's important to conduct additional research to fully evaluate the website's legitimacy and trustworthiness.
  • The registrar associated with Play-sc has been found to be used by several spammers and scammers, which could indicate a potential threat to users.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Play-sc contacts