Mcdonald's / Cheddar Melt Mealhorrible taste!

I wanted something different for lunch... but I wanted McDonalds. I see a picture on the menu at the drive through of their new "Cheddar Melt Meal"... It didn't really look good on the picture (should have told me something right there, since pictures are usually better than the product) but, I thought since I do like burgers, I do like cheddar and I do like grilled onions, I will give it a try.

***OMG they are advertising that very burger on TV as I write this***... anyway... I have no clue what kind of bun it is served on, maybe wheat?

I decide to eat in my car... The first thing I noticed was the smell... yuck! But, I'll try it anyway. I bite into it and start gagging on it... it was as if they soaked it in salt! Now, I have to admit, I use more salt than any human being should... so, for me to complain about something being too salty, it has to be really bad! I forced myself to swallow it... I gagged it down... then wrapped the rest up and put it back in the bag and ate my fries for lunch. I went back to work, leaving the bag in my car, because I was too lazy to carry it in to throw it away... I'll do that when I get home... I had three candy canes at work to get rid of that horrible taste in my month, but that didn't even help. Time to go home now... I get in my car and as soon as I opened the door, my whole car smelled of that burger... I started gagging again, just from the smell of it... I think I'll stick with the Big Macs...

Chedda be betta Nov 02, 2010

Cheddah Melt be the bomb! Ooozy cheese and all them onions up in that - damn, girl must be raggin' to not like this dog.

• Ge
    GeorgeFromMethuen Oct 13, 2010

Seriously, I wish this burger was on the regular menu. I'm craving it as I type this. Great burger ... the best McDonalds ever had to offer!

• Ge
    Geo Bic Dec 04, 2008

wow I didn't think the queen from "my3cents" would indulge in fast food . Though not a big mcdees fan, I do love their chicken mcnuggest. they really hit the spot. The biccey will soon face the superbowl again.

• Bi
    bigsmellyman Mar 31, 2008

Only losers eat at McDonald's. loser

Charleen Pullia Jan 13, 2008

Omg that was the best burger McDonald's had to offer. I wish they would bring it back!!

• Sh
    Shannon Edds Sep 15, 2007

I notice this complaint is in 2007. Where is the Cheddar Melt at? This sandwich is from the mid 80's and has not been back since. Too bad tho, it's one of McD's best burgers. Ched Melt at McD's has grilled onions grilled in teriaki sauce. perhaps that is what you did not like about the burger. Bring back the Cheddar Melt!

• Hh
    HHA Apr 14, 2007

Thats cause those onions sit in the QVC heater for hours and hours.

Jason Mar 27, 2007

The sandwich is made on RYE ###. If you dont like rye, order it on a different bun... ###.

• Je
    Jesus Hernandez Mar 15, 2007

So, you hated the salt in the sandwich but ate the salty fries with no problem?

Frivolous complaint.

• Valerie Jan 16, 2007

Too funny! I've not tried the Cheddar Melt Burger but thanks for the advanced warning. I did try, I think it's called, their McRib sandwich a year or so ago and personally thought it was the worst I ever tasted. Within the past month there has been a sign "McRib is back". I suppose that is for those unfortunate souls who didn't try it the first time.

You might have to keep your car windows rolled down for several days to get the stench out. Did anyone give you any potpourri for Christmas? Toss some in the car, the stronger the better! Sorry, I'm still laughing.