Mcafeeauto renew

I just received an email that auto renewal, which I didn't sign up for, was going to renew my subscription to Total Protection. The cost of renewal is $79.99. You can buy the same 3 pc license from Wal-Mart for $49.99. You can even buy it from the McAfee website for $44.99. When I chatted with customer service to complain I was referred to a web page for an explanation. It says that with auto renewal, which of course is only available to current customers, you are charged the current list price. Discounts and promomotions don't apply so you get to pay double. This policy certainly shows that they think their customers are stupid. I'm certainly done with them. I'll play more for something else before I do business with a company that plays these type dirty tricks.

• Mi
    Miguel Gumba Jan 07, 2017

There should be class action law suit against this practices. MacAfee took money from my account without authorization. The first time, I complied with the bank for me to call MacAfee refund the charges, and end up a renewal for half the price. As far as I know, I did not agree for an auto renewal.
    This time I have the bank deal with them since money was taken from my bank account without authorization.
    Learning from this scam, I am looking for an alternative for MacAfee.

• De
    Dee123 Aug 24, 2011

I had McAfee years ago on an old computer that was replaced over 4 years ago. I've been getting both mail and emails requesting that my credit card be updated for my renewal subscription. I contacted McAfee over a month ago to notify them that I no longer had that computer, and requested that they stop trying to obtain current credit card information. I also informed them that I had taken my account off of auto-renewal. I spoke to someone in India. Not only did they have an old email address, but my old home address since I had moved over 3 years ago. Yesterday, August 23rd, I received an email that automatically was transferred to my new email account, that I was charged over $80.00 for a renewal on a computer I no longer had. I checked my credit card, balance and lo and behold they obtained my new credit card information. I had taken off my auto-renewal since my computer was replaced over 4 years ago and I had another software installed. Not only did they go and put my account into auto-renewal again, they fraudulently charged a credit card that had no balance and was not being used! I immediately contacted my credit card company and requested that they remove the fraudulent charges, close out my account and issue another card number. McAfee claims that they work with the banks and credit card companies to obtain the new information so that their customers do not have a lapse in subscription. THIS COMPANY IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED!!! THEY STEAL ACCOUNT INFORMATION IN ORDER TO GET BUSINESS. Any reputable company who wants your business would not do this, especially if you do not update your credit card number after it expires!!! I did not have auto-renewal, but they turned it back on in order to charge for their product. There should be class-action lawsuit against a company who will go to these lengths to get money for their business. After this, I wouldn't ever use their product again, nor would I recommend them.

marker264109 Jan 27, 2011

The "Auto-Renew" is in the fine print terms of the contract. You HAVE to agree to these "terms" in order to install the McAfee product you purchased. In those terms lies the scam: the ONLY way you can activate your McAfee purchase is to agree to let them auto renew. They 'auto renewed' me the second year (2 months before my existing subscription even ran out, no doubt to prevent you from changing to a better company). If you purchase McAfee ONCE, they got ya ... I went to the bank and had my credit card # changed (issued new CC), then, the next year I got an email from our pal McAfee saying they were "unable to renew due to incorrect payment info" (the CC # they had now was no longer active). Simply, if you buy McAfee on any credit or debit card---CHANGE YOUR CARD NUMBER or McAfee will auto-renew every year--months prior to your current subscription running out.

S C A M.