[Resolved] Marriott Vacation Club International — penalized for a cancelled vacation that was caused by mvc
We booked trip to stay at the Marco Island Location for February 24th - 28th 2018 using out Vacation Club Points on August 28 2017.
Due to hurricane renovations not being finished, MARRIOTT canceled our reservation on January 24th 2018 after asking us for room preferences on January 13th.
They offered us alternative locations but would not cover any change fees for adjusting our airfare.
I then find out that they penalized us as if we cancelled this ourselves.
Therefore I have over 3000 points I have to use this year or lose them, but can only book using these point 60 days in advance of stay, which is typically 12 months!
All customer service can say is that this is what the executive teams at Marriott has instructed them to do.
Customer Service has done everything in their power to resolve the complaint. All attempts to contact the customer have failed. Therefore, the complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and its services are concerned.
More Marriott Vacation Club International Complaints & Reviews
- Marriott Vacation Club - stay away! 
- Marriott Vacation Club - misleading timeshare promises 
- Marriott Vacation Club - inability to trade up 
- Marriott Vacation Club - not what we expected 
- Marriott Vacation Club - scam 
- Marriott Vacation Club - sales presentation; question the business practice... and
- Marriott Vacation Club - foreclosure process 
- Marriott Vacation Club - they canceled my reservations within 30 days of my stay
- Marriott Vacation Club - do not entertain 
- Marriott Vacation Club - escape from contract during recision