Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Products & Services Marlboro bad cigarettes!

Marlboro  - bad cigarettes!

K
Author of the complaint
2:09 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been smoking Marlboro Cigarettes for 14 years and the last month all the packs of Marlboro Smooths and Menthol lights in 100's have been bad. The cigarettes have been going out in the middle of smoking them for no reason. Pluse the cherry is falling off of the cigarette in the middle of smoking it. I have never had this problem before it is very weird. This is very annoying and has burnt wholes in closes and my couch. This is happening to the packs my husband has been purchaseing also. You just sit there holding the cigarette and the next thing you know the cherry has fallen off and is on the cough or burning your pants. Plus the whole go to take a drag off the cigarette and nothing cause it has gone out while you are sitting there holding it. Is there something that can be done to stop this why is it happening. I don't want to change cigarette's but if this keeps happening i may have to try something different cause it is costing me money very annoying.

Helpful? 0 0

More Marlboro complaints & reviews

85 comments
T
Dec 14, 2021 2:09 am

I bought 2 cartons of Marlboro Black/ Red 100 every time i smoke I have to relight several I am ready to change brands. I have burn hole in my couch and carpet over that, You have changed something in the way its made

S
Apr 24, 2017 2:09 am

I smoke Marlboro Red Label 100's and my husband smokes Marlboro Black Label Kings and we both are having the same issues. I have smoked a variety of Marlboros and have found that all of them have these issues. The 3 main issues we have are:

1.) The Cherry always falls off near the end of the cigarette and sometimes even the middle.

2.) The cigarette randomly goes out for no reason.

3.) There have been sticks and/or tears and cuts through the paper making some cigarettes unsmokable.

Now I understand that that issue #2 ( randomly goes out) is to help prevent fires by making the cigarettes go out when not being continuously smoked but this does not work all the time and even when it is being continuously smoked they tend to go out anyway.

Issue # 1 (cherries falling off) is my biggest complaint because considering they are trying to help prevent accidental fires, the cherries falling off defeats that purpose and causes more accidental fires, burns, and holes in clothing, furniture, etc. So whats the point? Every Marlboro does this every time it gets near the end so its not a fluke or it only happens sometimes. It happens EVERY TIME. This is irritating and costly.

Issue #3 (stick, tears, holes, cuts, etc) I have found these issues in more than 1 pack of cigarettes recently. I have even had a pack that had 3 cigarettes with tears in the paper that looked like they were cut by a razor blade and in the same pack I had 2 cigarettes with tears due to big sticks in the cigarettes. What happened to the quality? Where is quality control? As much as a pack of Marlboros cost every single cigarette should be smokable period. When I pay for a pack of 20 cigarettes I want to smoke ALL 20.

These are my biggest complaints and I'm sure there are tons of smokers who can relate and feel the same way as I do.

Please get your $**t together Marlboro! It is not a lack of funds that is preventing you to put out quality cigarettes.

W
Jul 04, 2016 2:09 am

Very disappointed. Have been smoking Malboro and beyond since the get go and have come across cigarettes without the bubble! Not Malboro quality and for a hefty price!

V
Jun 08, 2016 2:09 am

I Purchese one carton of Marlboro Light 100 Soft pack Carton from Publix Fl.
In every pack had chunk 1" long in the middle of every cigarette- Not happy - I have the Recept of purches- Will send attachment of purchase.?

V
Jun 08, 2016 2:09 am

I Purchese one carton of Marlboro Light 100 Soft pack Carton from Publix Fl.

Personal

May 01, 2016 2:09 am

I sent coupon for two cartons of Marlboro to fifteen friends and I want my coupon for the two free cartons of Marlboro I posted to Facebook and sent the ad to fifteen friends

C
Mar 15, 2016 2:09 am

It is very unfair that they promote a campaign wherein products are available, but the products are out of stock or unavailable for more than half the time the promotion is running. Very discouraging.

Mar 29, 2016 2:09 am

I have been smoking Marlboro for quite a while now and i have never experienced such an bad product before. I bought a carton and found that some of my cigarettes are not glued correctly at the filter end which makes it quite impossible to smoke. Please have this complaint look after I found that there's a few of these complaints
Thanks

Feb 22, 2016 2:09 am

Marlboro gold beyond ice ball not changing taste. This has been quite frequent. Not happy with drop in quality.

Jul 01, 2015 2:09 am

I bought a packet of Marlboro gold . When I opened it the filter of two cigarettes were damaged sort of broken.

Feb 19, 2016 2:09 am

I think there are mites in the tobacco. GMO tobacco?

Jan 23, 2016 2:09 am

The last 5 packs of cigarettes I have bought were in faulty packaging. When you open the pack, the side top of the box is not sealed. This has caused me to lose many cigarettes out of my packs due to it not closing properly. Tape is not always handy. Please replace the cigarettes I have lost due to faulty packaging. Thank you.

Nov 20, 2015 2:09 am

Double filter paper

Sep 29, 2015 2:09 am

What a scam for ten weeks you watched dumb videos answered questions and on prize day couldn't use them site was down !

Sep 29, 2015 2:09 am

... said the person who was able to use their tokens.

N
Sep 29, 2015 2:09 am

I was one that tried all night t get into Marlboro, I was able to use all my MOONS on the items I choose except the first one that I couldn't get in on. I understand everyone is miffed and that they should have been more prepared but really folks, they don't even have to do these contests. You should be grateful that you had the chance to enter and go to the next contest they have and enter if you choose to.
I have heard many people say well I won't smoke Marlboro again, yeah right...say that as you are lighting another one. That is even if you actually do smoke Marlboro.

Give it up people and move on.

G
Sep 29, 2015 2:09 am

I was finally able to sign in. I played and recieved a message saying Congtatulations you won and then it disappeared. I would like to know what I won. This is very disappointing...

Sep 28, 2015 2:09 am

Tried all night, was able to use one token on something I didn't even want. Just wanted to make sure I knew how to use it. When it came time to use the rest I could not log on. Ridiculous waste of time.

O
Sep 28, 2015 2:09 am

The Red Moon Contest was very disappointing. Does anyone even know who the winners were? That is not posted on the website!

Sep 27, 2015 2:09 am

Marlboro has been running a Round Up sweepstakes for several weeks. One was able to win entries into grand prize.
A one day bonus Grand Prize Red Moon Round Up sweepstakes on 09/27/2015 to take previous weeks winners to enter for different prizes each hour for 9 hours.
The site has been down due to heavy internet traffic. Suggests you call their 800# which has excessive hold times.
Poor planning on Marlboro IT department and unfair practice to those thousands of person (myself included) who cannot particpate.

Sep 27, 2015 2:09 am

This contest was ridiculous...I earned entry tokens for weeks, tonight as the contest started for grand prizes the sites down...got to use two tokes, saved the rest for the ten o'clock prize and what happens..site is down...sounds like a scam to me

O
Sep 28, 2015 2:09 am

I had the same trouble everyone else did, either their server was overloaded or it was scam...what a waste of my time!

Sep 28, 2015 2:09 am

Totally agree, I was able to get on for the first hour tried to log back in for the rest of the whole time...no such luck! What a waste of my time, I am very disappointed with this how could they not be prepared for all the "heavy traffic" on the site when you cant enter your tokens but for one hour. Total scam not knowing if I had a chance to win but at least it would have felt better to have know I could have entered. Totally upset to put it nicely!

Sep 28, 2015 2:09 am

Same here I tried for 5 hours to use my 9 collected tokens. What a waste of time - I think they should have been better prepared.

Sep 28, 2015 2:09 am

This WILL make me rethink my brand loyalty of 40 plus years ... a totally UNFAIR contest !
I mean come on, a 9 hour prize give away & the website can't handle the traffic after 9 weeks of preparations.
Total BS & a HUGE waste of time.

Sep 28, 2015 2:09 am

Unfortunately, same as above. I was interested in one item only. Low and behold, I come back to the website one hour early and get the following:
"We're sorry but Marlboro.com is currently unavailable due to high volume. Please call [protected]" which of course at that time was not normal business hours. Recently Marlboro conducted a survey in which they questioned loyal brand buyers what their preferences were when it came to promotions. This one was ok until you had to redeem your tokens. EPIC FAILURE BY THE IT DEPARTMENT FOR BEING UNPREPARED! I have not called customer service yet...I'm sure that will be a disappointment as well.

Sep 28, 2015 2:09 am

What a waste of time. We played every week and then couldn't even get on to the website to use them. Marlboro should have planned better and made provision for TONS of people on their site.

S
Sep 28, 2015 2:09 am

This contest was a complete waste of 9 weeks and 9 hours! Did they not expect a million people to be entering? I call BS! If their servers can't handle the traffic then why do the finale this way. So pissed right now..I was not able to get in, and I started at 5pm est, until the 4th prize, then it kicked me out and wasn't able to get in again til the last two prizes. And those weren't even the prizes I wanted to enter for. Don't get me wrong, I would be grateful for anything I won, but that was just ridiculous. They need to think that out a little better next time. Come on Marlboro...what the hell?

G
Sep 27, 2015 2:09 am

Well i been trying since 4pm and its now 11:17 pm and i cant get in at all. 2 months and 8 hours wasted. Hate hate marlboro right now.

E
Sep 27, 2015 2:09 am

Same here, I would like to know what agency to complain to regarding their practices.

L
Sep 27, 2015 2:09 am

Same thing here... This is uncalled for, really >:( I don't know what the hell so many ppl are doing on there anyways... They have to be lurking & clogging up everything. What ever happened to just logging in at time(s) desired, entering tokens & then "x" out until the next time? I think a lot of it too is ppl purposefully staying logged onto the site, constantly refreshing their page all night so that they stay logged in so the log in gets jammed & many other ppl can't log in and enter. Less ppl entering = more chances of them winning >:(

Sep 27, 2015 2:09 am

Having same exact problem. Called them they were rude. I said what happens to unused tokens or prizes not awarded, no answer. Apparently the tokens are forfeited if not used according to rules...complete scam. Like they didnt expect millions logging in during same hour...

C
Sep 27, 2015 2:09 am

I saved all my tokens for the 10p.m. and can't get into the site. 10 tokens and 9 weeks wasted.

L
Oct 21, 2014 2:09 am

You realize the company might take you more seriously if you knew how to spell. Your spelling is atrocious! Try using a dictionary or spell check before sending a letter to a company since you obviously cannot spell!

~Lori

Oct 04, 2011 2:09 am

I bought a pack of marlboro special blends red and there were five cigerettes missing froom tha pack

R

cigaretts fall apart at filter

Jan 08, 2009 2:09 am

I Hate the new safe cigerets they SUCK

H
Mar 04, 2014 2:09 am

There is no doubt in my mind that the changes Philip Morris has made to its cigarettes has created a diametrically opposite result of the intended reduction in fire risk. I have been smoking Marlboros for around forty years. About a year ago, I bought a new sofa. It now has about more fifty burn holes in it. My previous sofa, though worn, had none.

I think that Philip Morris has significant liability here and I intend to pursue this. Is anyone interested in joining me in this effort?

I do not have photograhs at the moment but will post them shortly.

0 0

First ive been a lifetime marlboro red smoker and always will but i sent away for coupons for marlboros u sent them, but only 2 coupons. Wat is that thats wat i get for being so loyal. At least send a few 10 or more than 2, 2 is an insult. And 1 more thing, i took the coupons to 4 stores in providence ri and they dont accept them. They told me no store in providence honnors them. Y is that. they supposed to b good everywhere. Thank u for listining please get back to me. My email is [email protected] Or mail is better 25 glenbrige ave providence ri 02909. Thank you

2 0
Q
Sep 07, 2011 2:09 am

Youre not supposed to eat them!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

581 complaints