[Resolved] Makro Onlinemarko return procedure for the carmen airbrush

On the 27th June 2019, I purchased 2 Carmen airbrushes. Invoice number [protected].

One purchase was for a friend and one was for myself.

Shortly after the purchase, one of the airbrushes only worked intermittently and was returned to the store it was purchased at (Cape Gate). A credit was given and the airbrush was replaced on the same day.

On the 16th September, I went to the Store as the second airbrush stopped working completely. The person who assisted me tested the airbrush and confirmed the airbrush would not turn on at all. I was then advised that the airbrush would need to be sent to the supplied who would try and fix it and then return it, if not, a credit will be given to me. This process can take up to 21 working days.

I find this highly unacceptable as firstly, my friend had her airbrush replaced, which was working intermittently, on the same day (Without being tested). Why are there 2 different processes for returning/replacing the same item?

Secondly, why does the consumer have to bear the consequences of not being able to use the purchased product for a period of time? I have paid for the product and the product is in warranty, the consumer should not have to wait for the product to fixed or replaced.

Thirdly, if Makro has tested the product and confirmed the product to be faulty, why does the consumer need to wait for the supplier to give Makro the go ahead to provide a credit for the product? The dispute should be between the store and the supplier, I, the consumer purchased the product from Makro and not the supplied directly and should not have to be involved in this dispute.

Both items have been reported faulty, shortly after purchase which speaks volumes of the quality of the product that is being supplied. This is something Makro should look into with the supplier. It is unacceptable that the product has faulted after such a short time of purchase.

I now have to take more time to go back to the store (which I do not do often as I do not stay close by) to get a credit or to get back the airbrush(which i doubt they will actually fix.) I also need to wait a ridiculous period of time for a resolution, all of which could have been done the day I took time out to replace the airbrush.

I would like Makro to issue the credit back to me at my own convenience, so that I may replace the item without having to wait 21 working days.

PS. The wait time at the Cape Gate is extremely long as the people who assist you often help their colleagues out more than the consumers who are waiting to be assisted. This results in 3 store assistants helping out 1 customer at a time, while there are 5 other waiting, which is very pathetic.

• Resolution Statement

• Makro Online Customer Care's Response · Sep 18, 2019

Good day Lauren,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you however, please be advised that we cannot issue a credit/replacement in this regard as we have a 14 days exchange and refund policy that governs all our stores.

Your friends airbrush was returned within the 14 days and that is why we exchanged it, after 14 days Makro reserves the right to refer returned goods for assessment by the supplier or service center, this is to find out the reason for the fault as it may be negligence. If it is indeed a factory fault, our suppliers will credit and you can either get a replacement or a refund, all this is subject to an assessment.

Our policy is found on our website for the public's advise and is approved by the Consumer Protection Act.

Should you wish we follow up with the store on your behalf, please provide your assessment reference number or your Makro Card number and we will contact the suppliers for updates.

Looking forward to your response and have a lovely day further.

Kind Regards,