Macy'skeep calling my cell

M Review updated:

The store is a cluttered mess, too many merchandise and not much room. The employees have this persona of they are just better then you. And that you are wasting their time. But this is not why I'm writing this complaint.

Starting a couple of days ago, I keep getting a phone call from [protected]. This number is in Florida. This number keeps calling me every 1 to 2 hours during the day. Non-stop it rings, I pick up, dead silence, and it hangs up. So I'm thinking maybe someone is playing a joke or keeps calling the wrong number.

Two days go by, and the calls are none-stop. Same thing, no one talks and hangs up. It got to the point ware I don't even answer my phone anymore.

Today I decide to call this number back to see what is going on. Guess what, I get Macy's call center. I complain about my problem. The person on the other end I believe dos not understand anything I'm saying; Lets face it, all call centers are established abroad and filled with foreigners that just don't understand certain concepts. He tells me "I need your name". First I say "why do you need my name? Don't you have my information if you keep calling me?" He then asks me for my number, how stupid is this? I say " all I want is for you guys to stop calling me every hour".

Wouldn't you say this is a simple request? He then starts asking me personal information. This I don't understand why is needed. You have my number, you have my name (which I didn't want to give), now you need social and date of birth?
Why do you need all that to stop calling me?

So I refused. I'm not giving my personal information to a data base so this thing can happen again. More spam, more junk, more calls. This is not what I need. More chance of identity theft (which I already fell victim of).

After a few deliberate misunderstandings, I manage to get a person named CHARLES DUGAN. He supposedly a supervisor. He then starts asking me the same thing. Do you guys even communicate? So we go over the same thing again. What is your last four social? Ware do you live? Date of birth? I say again with a firm voice, "you guys keep calling me, all I want is for you not to call me", Obviously you have my information if you call me. Then I hear the most outrageous, mind boggling statement ever, "sir, I'm not asking for your personal information". My head starts to hurt from the sheer magnitude of stupidity. Maybe I am stupid, so I say, "well if its not personal information, what is your name?" followed by, "what is your date of birth? What is the last four digits of your social? Ware do you live?" Of course he didn't answer. I then ask for the manager, because supposedly when I asked for the MANAGER, I did not get him, I got this gift of the telemarketing world instead.

I stay on hold for the second time again, this time for 20 min. With all the $0.49 per hour people your company is hiring overseas, you would think I wouldn't have to wait as long.
The manager never shows. Charles then tells me the best he can do is get him to call me back.
here is the kicker, he asks, and I'm not kidding, "what is your number?"

As I filled this complaint I have received two calls from that number. This is such a simple thing to fix, all I want to do is be connected to someone that has more then two brain cells and able to understand what I'm dealing with. Not someone the is a cyborg regurgitating pre-plane sentences, with out any clue of what I'm asking. It's like if they cant follow their cheat sheet of things to say or ask that is sticky noted on their monitor, they get stuck like an old record and repeat themselves till they can process the next step.

All I want is for your machines to stop calling me!
I started shopping at Macy's instead of your competitor JCPenny. But after this nuisance, I will never step foot in a Macy's again.

•   Aug 18, 2009

Can't you just put a block 0n the number?

• A
      Jan 16, 2011

I too, am getting calls from the same number! What the hell is their problem!!!?

abdclub