Macy's — deceptive billing practices
I have a Macy's Visa Credit Card. I have a bill payment through my bank. I began to receive bills from Macy's, which I paid through my bank. I receive e-statements only. When I would attempt to pay the amount that Macy's was billing through my bank on the Visa Card, the message was "amount exceeds amount owed" - because I had a zero balance. Then Macy's began adding late charges (even though I was making a $5.00 minimum payment). Finally, I called Macy's and was told that the charge was on a revolving account within the Macy's store itself. I was unaware that there were two separate accounts. I paid the charges, including late fees. However, I was frustrated when I tried to point out that I was unaware of the second account. This is deceptive. My credit score went from 813 to 763. I want this expunged from my credit history, but so far, Macy's is unwilling to work with me.
More Macy's Complaints & Reviews
- Macy's Credit Card - credit card fraud
- Macy's Department Stores - forcing employees to quit vs. pay unemployment
- Macy's - belgique cookware "don't get burned"
- Macys - poor place to work
- Macy's - employee harassment
- Macys - beware
- Macy's - interest rip off
- Macy's In Hampton Bays - very rude manager!
- Macy's - macy's, violation of labor laws, $ unpaid overtime, undue influence
- Macy's - ridiculous on-line bill pay