Maaco-Paterson NJcheated and very rude

V

Hi, I took a brand new bumper for paint job to Maaco in Patterson NJ, because he (Tim, owner) had told me a price of $100 over the phone. I asked him some questions to gauge how much work is involved and he gave me vague answers and answered in "it depends". I also asked him if the finish will be good and he assured me it will be good.

The next day Tim tells me that the bumper is ready when I went there to pick it up I was disappointed. The finish had sand and tree particles on it. I asked him "Why are there particles in the paint?". He answered "For $100 I cannot do anything more than this." I told him "This is negligence. The bumper after painting was not kept in a clean place to dry". He answered "We don't have a clean place. It is all dusty here. If you want take the bumper as it is or you can leave the bumper here and not pay for the paint job. For $100 I don't have the time to answer your questions. I am hungry and tired and I have to leave soon" I said “It was your price. Not mine. If you had told me this yesterday I would not come here. I would not have left my bumper here for a paint job knowing you don’t have a clean facility.” I finally paid him the money ($103 ) and took the bumper with me. Tim is incapable of doing a good paint job.

Guys, when he took my bumper he spoke as though he does the best job in the word. Such guys are quick to take money and it comes to quality they cheat. He was talking as if he was doing a favor on me by painting. It is very obvious that any customer expects at least sand and tree particles not to be there in the paint job. That guy Tim, was very rude and arrogant and he definitely cheated by deceiving me.If you know a place where I can place a complaint on him please let me know.

Thanks.
VP.

• Cd
    cdguy May 10, 2012

as of 1/9/12 maaco Paterson is under new management. I'm sorry this poster had a problem under the old ownership. The new owners are very helpful and courteous. My car looks fantastic.