Lowe'spersonal check denial

J

I purchased a $500 gift card at Lowe's on 10/6/15. Store number #2345, Lexington, Ky. I politely asked if Lowe's accepted personal checks and the cashier confirmed they did. I should have been told that it was up to some goofy company named Certigy. I gave them a personal check and provided all identification they asked ONLY to have the check declined by some company called Certigy. I should be asking for their Identification! Now, Certigy in order to complain with them want oh you know such things as My name and address, my phone number, my checking account number, my bank. Why in the blue blazes would I ever give them that?! Lowe's needs to learn to do business locally the old fashioned way...earn it. Lowe's is now on my "blank" list and everyone I know will hear of this transgreission on personal rights.

• Ga