Complaints & Reviews

apartment building lying owner lying attorney and workers

Please stay away from lobos they are the [censor] of the earth lying, making up [censor] straight out lying...

apartment management and no security no cameras doors being propped open and lying management!

we rented a lobos apartment in April 2017 at the Birmingham apartments in north Versailles! My husband made...

apartment

Avoid lobos management at all costs. Slum lords. Will rent to anybody. More than two tenants to a one bedroom apartment and you pay for it as far as water. Doesn't go by how much water you use. Goes by 2% if the entire water bill for the complex. Maintenance is horrible. Have had the same service ticket opened and closed several times in 7 weeks for the same reason with no resolution. Bedroom window leaks rotting the wall from the balcony leaking like a waterfall. Can any sleep in bedroom when it rains. Absolutely the worst place I gave ever rented in my life. Stay away

Lobos Management

raise rent every year etc

Lobos is full of [censored]. They want you to pay all this high rent in there townhomes but don't do anything to the ones that people have been living in for years. They raise the rent every year but it was never stated in your lease when you 1st moved in. They want to tell you what you can and can't have in your home. Who you can and can't have in your house, especially when your rent has been paid ON TIME since the 1st move-in. Then they wonder why they can't never keep any tenants. You would think they were renting out mansions or something. I would NEVER recommend ANYBODY to rent from their money hungry ###. STAY FAR AWAY!!!

apartments

This is by far the worst place I have ever rented from before. I have lived in numerous places all over the...

staff

Was lookin for an apartment and waited outside leasing office for 30 mins. Decided to drive to a few...

1 comment Moon Township Employees

avoid lobos!

Employees and renters beware!!!

Do not work for lobos! The management is nothing but a bunch of immature drama queens that will treat you like dogs. They will talk to you like you've never been talked to you in your life. It's disgusting. The turnover rate is outrageous there, with good reason! There are a lot anger issues in this company, and management will scream, curse, berate you, talk about you behind your back - yeah, reallllll professional.

And their apartments are not as nice as they make them out to be. Avoid lobos!

employee beware

Employees beware I use to work for lobos for several years until I was fired 8 months ago from ron sobol...

litigation

My name is Marko Maylack and I am an Attorney representing former renters of Lobos Management. I am interested in discussing any issues someone may have with this organization as I too believe them to be slumlords. you may contact me at [protected]. Of course, there is no charge for discussing your issues as they may help my clients and yourself as well

• Bo
    Bonesauce Sep 02, 2013

I live at a Lobos managed apartment in Bellevue. Been here 13 + years. Maybe you got my previous post a few minutes ago. Received lease renewal with a stunning 25% rent increase ($120). Usually it's 3-5%. The owner, Ron Sobol, e-mailed me that he wasn't in the office when his staff prepared new lease. There's no way this modest, small apartment is worth $600/month. Please advise. When I call their office I'm never able to talk to anyone in authority including Mr. Sobol. People there seem to hide behind a wall.
    Thanks,

John David

• Un
    unhappyperson10 Feb 07, 2014

Not good management or resident safety. I informed Lobos
    Management on multiple occasions of a serious safety issue to their residence
    and after talking to the office managers and the building owner, nothing was
    done to resolve this safety issue. Snow removal is joke, the parking lots are
    barely touched and the sidewalks are never cleared, maybe to hide the rusted
    metal spikes that stick up on the steps to the trolley access. I guess “Slum
    Lords” can exist in Bethel Park…

• Bo
    Bonesauce May 10, 2016

I lived in Bellevue in one of there apartments since 2000. For the most part I haven't any major complaints with them for the past few years. They increased my rent from $460 to 600 (30% increase) in Oct. 2013. They also closed the laundry room and storage area. It costs me $34/month extra to rent storage as well as the inconvenience to go to the landramat.
    I've had two cats as pets on a non written gentleman's agreement with the landlords for the past sixteen years (and there were three different owners) that it was ok. Now they're warning me that's it's against my lease unless upon written approval from Lobos otherwise they threatened to charge me extra. This after sixteen years as a good tenant.They knew I had those cats for all these years so why now is it a problem? They are well behaved and haven't caused any problems.

I agree with the gentleman that the parking lot is never plowed. I've slipped on ice taking the trash to dumpsters. Fortunately I wasn't injured. Also the interior walls in the common area (hallways and stairwells) haven't been painted since I've moved here.

lumlord

Lobos Management seems like a nice starter place to move into before you are ready to buy a house; so WRONG!! Lobos management is a rip off and will try to get your money any way they can. My significant other and I along with children decided to rent this place. Our first day in we did not have a working stove that took them almost a week to fix, on top of that we bought a washer and the pipe was missing. We voiced our concern to "Dennis" who is the owner he sent someone over two week later and they ghetto fixed it with a hanger then later replaced it weeks later. Each month goes by there is one problem after another from window leakings, door falling off of henges, ceiling linking over stove, and electrical issues to the 100th POWER!!! It got to a point that we called the health dept and they found over 12 issues in the place. PLEASE DO NOT RENT FROM THESE PEOPLE!!! If you do, do it at your own risk and do not accept a sceurity deposit back because that is a failure.

they are a joke

These people are a total joke. It took me a month of calling them every single day to resolve one simple matter. Janet, who is one of the property managers is literally a prime example of how they obviously have no requirements for education or drug testing for this job. She is a liar who could not do her job correctly and repeadetly tried to cover her lies, I am just not sure who would be stupid enough to believe it. The girls who work in the office were about as useless as a human being can be. I am pretty positive I could have a more intellectual conversation with my dog or even a wall. I mean come on people there is not one single good review out there about these people, they should be shut down. What a pathetic waste.

avoid these slumlords at all costs

Apartment rental is not an simple thing. I found this out the hard way when I rented an apartment from Lobos Management on Centre Ave. I probably should of know superior based on my own personal intuition, but at the time it wasn't there simply because I knew nothing about Lobos Management beforehand. First of all, the apartment was listed as a one bedroom, which really turned out to be a less than spacious studio apartment for $650 a month. There was no way that the decrepid and utterly nightmarish could possibly worth so much on a monthly basis. THe first two months living there weren't that terrible. But then after the second month, the actual apartment started to deteriorate. Water started to seep in from the ceiling which then caused the walls of the apartment to grow mold. The mold caused the paint to bubble then flake off, causing numerous health and respiratory problems for myself. Then, the ceiling started to cave in in a small section of the apartment. On top of all of this, there were problems with the hot water shutting off, which caused me to not be capable to bathe, shower, or clean my dishes for a couple of days. By the time all of this happened and the apartment completely went terrible, I was near the end of my six month lease and it sadly didn't matter anyways. I had already been ripped off by my landlord and calling them wouldn't of fixed anything anyway. By the time I had heard about Lobos Management, it was too late. I had really read all the complaints about Lobos Management and found out about how terribly they treated their tennants. It was the worst living situation I ever had living in Pittsburgh and I'll never rent or do business with anyone from Lobos again! I advise all of you reading this to avoid these slumlords at all costs!

###S

OMG they are such shady ###!!! Those pieces of ### ignore your complaints and don't fix anything. They also walk into your apartment whenever they want to show the place, whether you like it or not. I hate them.

unfair water bill

We received a letter stating we would be charged for water used in the building. The charge would be calculated by the number of bedrooms not the number of people living in each unit. This is very unfair to anyone living alone. A one bedroom apartment with a with single occupant would be charged the same as a one bedroom apartment with a couple or family. Certainly the apartment with a couple or family would use double or more water that an apartment with a single occupant. This situation is grossly unfair but it is consistent with how lobos management seems to do business. I would suggest researching this company on the internet before renting or doing business with them.

security deposit

Moved out of apartment they said I did not clean certain things but I did so they took it out of my security...

thieving landlords

I wish I had seen all the negative reviews about Lobos management, I sure would have never rented from. I rented a unit in their Kensington terrace property on doyle road, and from day one I had a problem. The apartment was filthy and had not been cleaned. I called them, wrote a letter and filled a form detailing everything that was wrong with the apartment. But guess what, that form is of no use because they still refuse to give me my full security deposit. They have the audacity to charge for a stained oven, when the whole oven was greasey and had burnt food stuck to it when I moved into the apartment. Public beware of these unscrupulous landlords! They are robbing people in broad day light. Apart from their crappy apartments, they have the most obnoxious, rude and incompetent staff on earth. The first winter I stayed there, I had no heat. I called them every day for more than 3 weeks and no one would come to fix my heat. I wrote a letter threatening to vacate the apartment and when that did not work, I had to contact a lawyer who threatened them with a law suit. And that is when they came to fix my heat. All the reviews about them are 100% true. Do Not RENT From Them!!!

landlord/tenant

I rented an apartment at Friendship Court in Bloomfield On October 15, 2009 until September 30, 2010. During...

horrific service

Apartment rental is not an easy thing. I found this out the hard way when I rented an apartment from Lobos Management on Centre Ave. I probably should of know better based on my own personal intuition, but at the time it wasn't there simply because I knew nothing about Lobos Management beforehand. First of all, the apartment was listed as a one bedroom, which actually turned out to be a less than spacious studio apartment for $650 a month. There was no way that the decrepid and utterly nightmarish could possibly worth so much on a monthly basis. THe first two months living there weren't that bad. But then after the second month, the actual apartment began to deteriorate. Water started to seep in from the ceiling which then caused the walls of the apartment to grow mold. The mold caused the paint to bubble then flake off, causing numerous health and respiratory problems for myself. Then, the ceiling started to cave in in a small section of the apartment. On top of all of this, there were problems with the hot water shutting off, which caused me to not be able to bathe, shower, or clean my dishes for a couple of days. By the time all of this happened and the apartment completely went bad, I was near the end of my six month lease and it sadly didn't matter anyways. I had already been ripped off by my landlord and calling them wouldn't of fixed anything anyway. By the time I had heard about Lobos Management, it was too late. I had actually read all the complaints about Lobos Management and found out about how badly they treated their tennants. It was the worst living situation I ever had living in Pittsburgh and I'll never rent or do business with anyone from Lobos again! I advise all of you reading this to avoid these slumlords at all Costs!

terrible place to live

I'm not even sure where to start but just another heads up for anyone looking for a place to rent. Everything...

Lobos Management

apartments

Everything that's been addressed in the above complaints is completely true. These people are practically criminals. They will trick you into renting from them, lie to you, and then take you for all that they can. I only wish that i'd done more research on them before I rented from them. The building that I lived in was under a constant state of disrepair. There has been a light out in my hallway for almost two months and I can barely see to get my key in the lock, the washer/dryers are in terrible need of repair, they never have their parking lots or driveways plowed out during the winter time & i've missed work because I couldn't get up a driveway to reach the road, and they finally fixed the light in the parking lot that's been out for two years!!! I saw somebody refer to these people as "slum lords" and I feel that that gives slum lords a bad name. Do yourself and anybody that you care about a favor and warn them about these a-holes!!!

• If
    i_found_better Feb 09, 2009

i also live in one the lobos mgmt properties. they are terrible landlords. they dont/cant fix anything. you have to call numerous times just to get something fixed. but when they do "try", they do it wrong. ive had a leaking window for months now. currently its not a huge deal because its winter and it only leaks when we get the occasional warm day. but come spring/summer, the rain is going to ruin the carpet. the apt was never cleaned when i first moved in and i specifically asked to have it cleaned. i called a health inspector about a mold problem. no mold but he found a bunch of other problems. i had to wait 5 days to get a new heater when mine broke on a 10 degree day. i had to call them everyday to annoy them before they would actually come out here. they never plow the parking lot or salt the steps going in to the buildings. ive also missed work because i couldnt get out of my lot. i had to park in the port authority parking lot and walk up in the snow. i cant wait to move out of here. my lease cant end soon enough. do not rent from these people. they really are slum lords.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices