Menu

complaints

Spotahome Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
11 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Spotahome at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Spotahome has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Spotahome. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Spotahome complaints 11

Sort by:

Newest Spotahome complaints

R
2:31 pm EDT

Spotahome Service of my booking

Dear Customer Service Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I am reaching out to express my deep dissatisfaction with the recent reservation I made through your platform. Unfortunately, my experience has been extremely disappointing and has not met my expectations at all.

Phone number: [protected]

Booking Reference Code: 9NJDGP-L1

Booking Id: 651956

Firstly, the room I was assigned was far from satisfactory. It was extremely small and the conditions were poor. Additionally, there was a strange damp odor that made the situation even more unpleasant. These conditions were not what I anticipated when making the reservation.

Furthermore, the service provided by the staff at the location was equally disappointing. Not only did they arrive late, but they also had no record of my reservation. Their attitude towards me was unprofessional and inconsiderate. They did not offer any solutions and, in fact, stated that I was not their customer and should contact you directly.

As a result of this highly unsatisfactory experience, I demand a full refund of the amount I paid for the reservation. It is unfair for me to have paid for such a poor service, and I expect appropriate measures to be taken to rectify this situation.

I have attached the proof of my reservation and any other relevant documentation that may assist in expediting this refund process. I eagerly await a prompt response from your team to resolve this matter satisfactorily.

Thank you for your attention, and I hope that we can resolve this situation fairly and to my satisfaction. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

As you can see on the email I send to them, they are not willing to help me at all.

Sincerely,

Desired outcome: I recently made a reservation through this platform, and I must say that it was an absolute nightmare.

D
4:36 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Spotahome Spotahome Review: Nightmare Experience with Sneaky Landlords and Unresponsive Customer Service

Stay away from Spotahome, they're a real nightmare. They don't play fair and their landlords are just plain sneaky. Our boy was pushed into paying a deposit to a landlord in Barcelona before he even got there, which was totally wrong. And now the landlord won't give it back, leaving our son out of pocket by a whopping 1200 euros. And to top it all off, they don't even bother to reply to emails. It's just plain rude.

V
4:17 pm EDT

Spotahome Spotahome Review: Worst Customer Service and Double Booking Disaster

I had a really bad experience with Spotahome (spotahome.com) when I booked a room through their website in March 2022. They made a mistake and double booked the room, which left me without a place to stay. It was a really stressful situation, and I was really disappointed with their incompetence.

Their customer service was the worst I have ever seen. I tried to contact them, but there was no way to get in touch with them properly. Their employees seemed to have no motivation to be helpful, and I felt like I was just being ignored.

I had to find a room on my own in just 24 hours, which was really difficult in one of the largest cities with the most competitive real estate market. It was a really stressful experience, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

If you're thinking about using Spotahome, I would strongly advise against it. Unless you want to be left homeless with no one to help you, avoid them at all costs. In my opinion, they are the biggest scam in history.

Is Spotahome legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Spotahome as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Spotahome stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Spotahome should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Spotahome earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Spotahome achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

Spotahome has claimed the domain name for spotahome.com for a long time, which suggests that the website is established and has a history of being in operation. This is a positive sign, as it indicates that the website has been around for a while and may have a reputation to maintain.

Spotahome.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Spotahome website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Spotahome.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Spotahome as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

Several positive reviews for Spotahome have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

The Spotahome website has a cookie consent banner indicating the use of cookies for data collection. Reviewing the privacy policy and terms of use is crucial to understanding how the data is used and ensuring compliance with regulations.

We looked up Spotahome and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Spotahome has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 11 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Spotahome protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
Z
3:49 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Spotahome Disappointing Experience with Spotahome: Non-Existent Customer Support and Unresponsive Landlords

I planned my trip a couple of weeks ago and decided to use Spotahome to book an apartment. I found an apartment that I really liked and waited for a week and a half for the landlord or customer support to reply to my inquiry. Unfortunately, I didn't receive any response from them, which was really frustrating.

After waiting for some time, I decided to book a different apartment on Spotahome. However, two days before my travel, the landlord requested more documents from me. I immediately sent the documents but didn't receive any response from the landlord or customer support. This made me really anxious and worried about my trip.

As a result, I decided to book a hotel room for the same day I arrived and booked a different apartment on Airbnb. Thankfully, everything worked out well with Airbnb and I had a great stay. However, I was really disappointed with my experience with Spotahome. It was a complete waste of my time and energy.

I would not recommend using Spotahome to anyone. Their customer support is non-existent and their landlords are unresponsive. It's better to use other platforms like Airbnb or Booking.com for your travel accommodations.

L

Spotahome Spotahome Review: Untrustworthy Rental Service with Unfair Policies

Spotahome is a website that helps you find rental apartments in different cities. However, my experience with them was not a pleasant one. I wanted to know if one of the apartments in the city was available, but instead, Spotahome charged me for two rentals in the same city for the same period. This was not what I had intended, and I was disappointed that they did not confirm my reservation request before charging my credit card.

When I contacted them to ask for a refund for the rental I would not be using, they refused and told me that it was their usual policy. This was frustrating because I felt like I was being taken advantage of, and it seemed like their policy was designed to increase their profit at the expense of their customers.

I strongly advise against dealing with Spotahome if you want to avoid getting ripped off. They do not seem to have their customers' best interests at heart, and their policies are not transparent or fair. It is important to be cautious when using online rental services like Spotahome, and to read the fine print carefully before making any reservations.

In conclusion, Spotahome is not a trustworthy website for finding rental apartments. They charge your credit card immediately without confirming your reservation request, and their policies are designed to benefit themselves rather than their customers. If you want to avoid getting ripped off, it is best to look for other rental services that are more transparent and customer-friendly.

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Spotahome Spotahome Review: Terrible Experience with Landlord and No Refund Guarantee

Our experience with Spotahome was really bad. We had a lot of trouble with the landlord who didn't want to give us the keys to the property. We had to spend a lot of money on hotels while we waited for Spotahome's "guarantee" to kick in. But even after all that, we still didn't get our money back. Spotahome told us that the landlord would give us the keys, but he never did. And to make matters worse, Spotahome deleted our reservation from their system. We're really angry about this and we're going to take legal action against them. Honestly, we should have read the reviews before we used their service. There are so many other people who have had bad experiences with Spotahome.

J

Spotahome Spotahome Review: Terrible Customer Service and Autopayment Issues

I gotta say, Spotahome is not the best website for booking apartments. I had some trouble with their autopayment system when I was renting a room through them. I tried to reach out to them through Whatsapp and Email to get some help, but I got no response. It's like they don't even care about their customers. I mean, what's the point of having a customer service email if you're not going to reply to it? It's just frustrating.

I ended up getting a bot-generated email saying that I hadn't paid and that I was breaching the contract. Like, seriously? I'm trying to pay, but I need some help here. It's not like I'm trying to scam them or anything. I just want to get this sorted out.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend Spotahome to anyone. Their customer service is terrible and they don't seem to care about their customers at all. If you're looking for an apartment booking website, I suggest you look elsewhere.

M

Spotahome Spotahome Review: Beware of Hidden Fees and Poor Customer Service

I gotta say, I ain't too happy with Spotahome. I accidentally booked a room, thinkin' I was just lookin' at payment info, but next thing I know, it's confirmed and they done charged me 900 big ones for rent and service. I tried to cancel just two minutes later, but they only gave me back 300 because of some dang "service fees." Them customer service folks don't give a hoot about us regular folks, they just want our money. I lost 600 bucks just 'cause of a two minute mistake. Don't use this site, y'all. Them people are just tryin' to rip off students and young people. I don't know how they sleep at night with them rotten hearts.

L
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Spotahome Spotahome Review: Misleading Photos, Poor Customer Service, and No Refunds

We recently used Spotahome to book a room for our son in Valencia. However, upon arrival, we were disappointed to find that the room had no proper window and lacked natural light, making it feel like a prison cell. It was not what we had expected based on the photos on the website, which showed the window hidden behind a curtain and artificially brightened to make the room appear more appealing.

Despite our son's dissatisfaction with the room, the landlord was understanding and allowed him to opt-out of the rental agreement. However, we were disappointed to find that Spotahome did not return our money and failed to respond to any of our correspondence. This was particularly frustrating as the website claims that you can change your room if you are not satisfied, but this was not the case for us.

We want to caution others to be very careful when using Spotahome and not to trust the pictures on the website blindly. Once you send any money, it is unlikely that you will get it back, even if the room is not as advertised. We hope that Spotahome will improve their customer service and be more transparent about the conditions of their rental agreements in the future.

D

Spotahome Spotahome Review: Helpful but Beware of Cancellation Policy

I gotta say, I used Spotahome and it was pretty helpful. I mean, I'd be willing to cough up some dough for their service if they could find me a sweet spot to live in. But, I gotta admit, I messed up and cancelled my reservation real quick-like. The landlord hit me up on Whatsapp right away and I told him it was a mistake, but they still wouldn't give me a full refund. That ain't right, man. They broke the rules on the right to withdraw, ya know? I didn't wanna go through the hassle of taking legal action, but dang, it's easy to lose a lot of cash in a snap if you're not careful. So, be careful, y'all! I'll probably use their site again 'cause it's tough to find a place in Lisbon, but I wouldn't recommend it if you can find another way. Save yourself the headache and the money, ya feel me?

S
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Spotahome Spotahome Review: Terrible Experience, Owed Almost ?4000, No Customer Protection

This site is a complete disaster! My experience was absolutely terrible. I am still owed almost ?4000 from a deposit and a rent overpayment. It only happened because Spotahome didn't transfer the rent I sent them to the landlord on time. So, when I arrived, I had to pay the money again. Spotahome has done very little to help me get my money back. They keep telling me that I need to sort it out directly with the landlord. It's been 6 months since I moved out of the property, and the landlord has ignored all my calls and messages asking for an update. Even though Spotahome knows about this, the property is still listed on their website. They claim that it has had 67 happy tenants, but I doubt that's true.

I rented a flat in Madrid for two months, and the pictures attached are of the flat. It's still on their site now, even though I'm going through all this trouble with the landlord. I would be very careful and avoid this site because there is absolutely no customer protection. It's a complete mess!

Read full review of Spotahome and 1 comment