Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Clubcredit card fraud

My fiance and I vacationed at Lifestyles Vacation Resort 4-20-11 through 4-25-11 and joined to obtain a V.I.P. joint membership for a junior suite using our credit cards to pay the upfront costs. This morning, my fiance saw charges on the credit card he used to pay for his half of the membership for airline tickets and told me to check the cards I used to pay for the membership as I used two of them to pay. One I maxed out and put the remaining balance on another credit card. The maxed out card had no unauthorized charges but the card where I charged the remaining balance has over $2, 000.00 of unauthorized charges for hotel reservations placed with Hotels.com which I did not make.

It is no coincidence that both of the cards we used to purchase the membership have unauthorized charges. It appears the personnel at Lifestyles Vacation Club are credit card fraud artists and someone within the organization needs to be notified ASAP. I attempted to contact Mr. Geooff Ballotti as CEO of Lifestyles Vacation Club/RCI but I could not locate on the internet any direct contat to advise him of his underlings activities.

I have also alerted CheapCarribean.com as they have the all-inclusive trips to Lifestyles Vacation Club Resorts and have the relationship to funnel prospective buyers of memberships to Lifestyles so they will look into this as well.

I am totally upset and angry of these occurrences with regard to the illegal activities that the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club personnel are participating in and causing undue stress on unsuspecting vacationers.

• He
    Heidster Feb 26, 2018

Thank you folks and sorry to hear you were defrauded. My wife and I just sat through a 3 hour high pressure sales pitch in Cabarete DR after we were told by a very nice young woman on the beach that works for the company that if we sat through their 1/2 hr presentation to demonstrate their new Lifestyle resort being built in this area we would get 2 free t-shirts, and a couple drinks. Seeing as the weather was crappy we decided to do so. Our first salesman was a real gentleman and walked us through the various options available to us but once the "boss' arrived the high pressure really kicked in
    and after I explained that I don't do any business especially involving lots of money and investment without "doing my homework" and researching the company, he stormed away back into his office. Our first salesman came back and then offered us another offer for those people that need time to think about it. Well when we got back to our rented condo we went on line and found these reviews. Thank goodness we didn't fall into the trap and we thank you folks for giving people like my wife and I the "heads up"! So we ended up with 2 free cab rides, 2 free drinks, a small bottle of rum and 2 t-shirts but 3 hours out of our time...it was raining so wasn't too bad. Thanks again, signed: lucky Canadians...

• St
    Stevef67 Jan 14, 2012

Same here, we boght the VIP membership in summer or 2010 at this Lifestyle Holidays resort in Puerto Plata, DR and also received fraudulent credit card charges. Fortunately, the credit card company does not hold me liable, but still... it goes to show these people are thieves. and boy did we make a mistake... the resort sucks.

• St
    staccato 10 Sep 30, 2011

I have bought into a lifstyle holiday /voyager travel whilst in Gran Cannaria, is this the same company as i am trying to get my money back as i feel i was not given all the relevant facts

MambomanOn2 Sep 10, 2011

I have been going to the DR for 20 years. Perhaps more than 50 times and have stayed at Amhsa resorts and Oasis (now Be Live) on vacation club contracts and also at NH and Barcelo ( no contracts). I have never had a problem with charges or misrepresentation, although the food and drink qualify at Amsha especially and a bit at BeLive has deteriorated.

I have always heard negative things about the business aspect of Lifestyle Holidays, and sat through a presentation this July that was astoundingly fraudulent, even to the point of misrepresenting that I would be treated to lunch if I sat through their aggressive and lying sales pitch. They are well known amongst the majority of decent hoteliers for their

• ShnikeJSB May 29, 2011

Wow, I never realized this could be related... I also did the same thing when I vacationed in the DR in April, and a couple weeks ago had over $2000 in charges for JetBlue on one of the cards I used!!! I had to have CapitalOne cancel it and issue me a new number! If this is true, someone needs to be fired BIG TIME and we need to be compensated... >:o(