Life Time Fitnesspoor customer service at flower mound tx location

A

Hello,

This complaint only pertains to one individual whom you have employed at the lifetime fitness location in flower mound, tx. But her behavior and attitude was so disturbing it bleeds into my overall viewpoint of lifetime fitness.

Her name is kevyn. She would not give her last name. I spoke to her on the phone as well as in person. Kevyn is a very rude and insincere individual. She is severely lacking intact, sincerity and most importantly customer care/ customer service.

With my initial call to lifetime I spoke to landon on march 31st. My family and I are in the process of moving and unfortunately I needed to terminate my membership. I knew that there would be a pending charge for the month of april soon so it was important for me to call before the charge came though. (I signed up on january 3rd. I assumed my monthly dues were the 3rd of each month). I called lifetime and spoke to landon. Landon explained it would be no problem but I needed to call back the next day, saturday because there was no one there at the time who could assist me.

I called the following day (saturday, april 1) and that is when I was first introduced to kevyn. From the onset of the conversation she was rude, hateful, arrogant and absolutely annoyed over speaking with me. The tone in her voice was full of venom. She patronized me through the entire conversation. I finally asked if there was someone else whom I could speak with as I was getting nowhere with her. She gave me the phone number to your corporate office (again this was on a saturday) and then she hung up on me.

I tried calling the corporate phone number she gave - and received a recording that the hours of operations are m-f 8a-5p. So, the following day I visited the gym in person, hoping to meet with her and get an explanation of her negative attitude and her complete lack of customer service. She presented herself with the same exact attitude as she had on the phone. When I told her who I was she stated, "I remember you!" when I reminded her that she hung up on me she smiled at me and said, "I sure did!" she then asked if I called the corporate office to which I said yes. She said "and...” I told her that her corporate operating hours are m-f, 8-5. To which she said,"oh, I didn't know that."at this point I am just stunned with disbelief. Shouldn't customer service be highly regarded in an organization such as this? I can't get over how horrible she was being to me.

Almost 100% of the time, most for-profit organizations work with their customers, especially in a situation as this in which I am moving. As kevyn stated, lifetime does not offer any compromises. I cannot understand why lifetime fitness would have a policy such as this in place. I am not so certain it is lifetime that will not compromise, I fully believe it is kevyn who is refusing to come to an agreement. I explained to kevyn that there is no way I will be able to use any of my membership in april as we are moving out of town. She did not care and basically said to me that my account was already charged and it is what it is, there was absolutely nothing she could do about it. I understand that there is a contract we signed, but again, most businesses would work with a customer in a situation such as this.

Not only was kevyn delighted to not offer any compromise, she went one step further to tell me that in addition to charging me for the month of april, she is going to ensure that I pay for may as well.

I have not been able to use my membership with lifetime since the middle of february. I hoped to be able to come back in march but I could not. I kept my membership open for march and knew that I would pay for my membership for march even if I did not go. So knowing I was moving, I had the mindset that lifetime would see my attendance of the last few months and work with me on a comprise for april. Never in a million years would I have thought I would be treated the way I was by lifetime fitness.

Considering what I have been through with kevyn, I feel as though lifetime should come to some compromise and at least credit some of the april fees back to my account and not charge me at all for the month of may.

At the end of my conversation with kevyn, as I exited the door she gave this sinister laugh, held her hand up and waved at me. As if to tell me"don't come back".

I look forward to your return reply.
Sincerely,