LG RefrigeratorDefective refrigerator

N Sep 03, 2020

MOST HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE DURING A PANDEMIC- I purchased an LG fridge in 2017 when I renovated the kitchen. The fridge stopped cooling. I contacted LG repair on JUNE 20, 2020 and set an appointment for the repair.
The appointment was set for JUNE 24. 2020 with the tech.
The designated tech did not show up instead another technician showed up saying that the tech is ill, and he is a substitute, however, he is not an expert on the compressor, and we may need to reschedule. I contacted LG the same day and rescheduled the next available tech could only come on July 2nd between 8-12. Waited for the 2nd tech to come (mind you in the interim we had to throw away all of the food in the fridge/ Medications that needed cooling. On the 2nd I receive a call from another tech saying that the scheduled tech Robert could not come and that he will be substituting for him. However, since we only were added to his route he can be there in the evening. We waited and the tech came and changed the compressor. He told us to wait 24 hours once the fridge cools it is 100% fixed. We waited 24 hours and went to Costco to buy everything again to fill the fridge we spent over $750.00 the fridge was cooling for about a week but made a strange whistling sound. about a week later we noticed that it was not cooling again so I ordered 2 fridge thermometers from amazon. We set the fridge on the lowest setting and the temperature inside was between 55- 60 degrees. Once again, we had to throw away all the food purchased. Called LG and scheduled another appointment for AUG 19, 2020. The tech showed up and said that we need to replace the compressor and hose again. He seemed more knowledgeable from the previous tech. He worked on the fridge and he said that this time for sure the fridge will work in 24 hours. Once again, we had to threw away all the food and medication and buy everything new. Due to the fact that I am battling Cancer and have a very low immune system I cannot afford to be out in the stores on a weekly basis and I had to make one big shop again. Once again trusting that everything will be all right. The fridge stopped working again same issue. I called the repair department and was transferred to a supervisor who advised me that they will put in a claim for a replacement fridge and a food waste allowance. I specifically asked her to send me a check instead so I can go and buy a fridge, she advised me that that is not the way it handled. I can buy a mini fridge and they will replace my fridge. She also advise that if I purchase one now I will be stuck with 2 refrigerators, and that she could not expedite this she gave me a claim # and advised that someone would contact me to arrange the replacement. I went ahead and purchased a mini fridge and a deep freezer to keep the necessities and the meat and waited it has been over 2 weeks. I was contacted by text by a very rude individual who claims they will settle this for $700 .I asked them to call me or give me the contact details and this rep refused ( and keeps texting me ) once again I called LG and talked to ANN at [protected] who assured me that the replacement request was put in 9/2/2020 and that she will call me the next day 8:00 AM and have an account executive handle my case she advised me to ignore the texts I'm getting . This morning I waited, and no one called. The rude rep by the name of Shaza Robinson still keeps on texting me arguing in a text, refused to call me or provide contact information.
This is totally unprofessional and unacceptable. I am a 75 year old cancer patient I can no longer live without a refrigerator and deal with all of the lies and unprofessionalism of the LG reps . I was promised a replacement fridge and compensation for the food waste and the purchase of a mini fridge . This has been going on for 3 months and now LG is refusing to honor the warranty !!!

• Js
    JSBlake Sep 04, 2020

I’m sorry to hear you had this issue. So we can better investigate your issue please contact LG Customer Support by direct message via Twitter or Facebook using (@LGUS). Also, please include your name, physical address, email address, model and serial number and a brief description of your issue to expedite a resolution for you.

As always, thanks for choosing LG!