Lennar Homes'Smart' fence and backyard

So I bought my house in 2010, and at first I was confused as to why they built my foundation so high...I mean it was almost my height in the back of the house (I'm about 5'9'') but the front was about 1 ft high. I understand that natural slope. They dropped a lot of dirt in the backyard so what was almost flat was now a major slant in the back yard. Well water naturally flows downhill and so it would flow to the back of my backyard, and to the left (I live on a corner lot). Well, the fence started coming apart at one post shortly after the warranty expired, so I had to fix it myself. About 1 1/2 months ago we had some pretty severe wind storms hit, one part of the fence at the corner came off the post and was open. Thankfully my dog did not leave my backyard. So I fixed that again. Not to mention that there were multiple houses down the street who had sections of their fence fall down. We had a thunderstorm come through last night and this morning I left for work while it was still dark, and as I got home, I noticed not one section, but the entire side of my fence was down. The posts had broken off beneath the dirt, where the wood started getting softer and slowly rotting because the water naturally flowed towards because of the small hill that Lennar put in my backyard. I also noticed that in the post in the back corner, thenails were put in at an angle, and not even a 1/2'' of each nail were in the post, including 2 nails that were not in the post at all. Thankfully my dog is trained enough that she did not run away, but I am beyond mad at Lennar for the horrible job that their fencing contractor had done and that they are not using qualified people for the job. Because my house and fence is out of warranty, I am having to pay for their failures, and as a business, that is pretty poor practice and ethics to allow pretty bad failure like that.
Oh, and every other house on my block has a small stairway that leads from the door to the grass, not a hill added to the backyard like they put in mine.

• Di
    DiddlyDoo Jun 08, 2013

As of 2013, Lennar Homes (www.lennar.com) is secretly repairing failing roofing and/or landscaping mistakes which create flooding/pooling of water which they left behind in the aftermath of completing new development at POTOMAC MARK PLACE and ROANOKE SPRINGS DRIVE in Ruskin Florida 33570.

The only way to have them repair the roofing tiles and/or correct landscaping to properly flow/channel rain water AWAY from one's home is to have a LAWYER send them a letter requesting it.

Homeowner's in this neighborhood were required to sign a NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT with Lennar Homes, in return to having the rework completed at no charge, despite the fact that Lennar Homes screwed up in the first place.

What's truly sad is that the window of opportunity (warranty) on the majority of these homes is nearing expiration. Homeowners have a right to know and have the shoddy work by Lennar Homes repaired asap.