Lennar HomesCheap construction

B

Lennar hires the worst contractors and doesn't stand behind their sales pitch or offer any kind of a decent warranty. We bought a brand new Lennar home and the air conditioner and dishwasher have already gone out. The plumbing's sub-par, there are cracks in the ceiling and the paint on the cabinets chips off easily.

• Un
    Undiscloused Jul 17, 2015

Hello All, I had signed a contract about 4 months ago with Lennar in Fate, TX. The Phase 2 Springwood addition. During the recent construction phase, I have stop by often to check on it. What I have found out about Lennar is that they are greedy people and they do cheap labor with cheap quality. They do not honor their included features and false advertise many things just for a sale. They increase the home prices to trick people into buy and taking advantage to the hot market because of the fear from rate hikes. During drywall phase, I have seen may crappy cutting and missing/broken pieces everywhere. The solution that came to fixing this is to take over the broken pieces and put lots of caulking and paint over it. What bother me the most is that the sales representatives/construction managers a liars and don't keep promises. Beware of buying into this area. Also, the advertised property tax there is little higher than they advertise.

• Di
    DiddlyDoo Jun 08, 2013

As of 2013, Lennar Homes (www.lennar.com) is secretly repairing failing roofing and/or landscaping mistakes which create flooding/pooling of water which they left behind in the aftermath of completing new development at POTOMAC MARK PLACE and ROANOKE SPRINGS DRIVE in Ruskin Florida 33570.

The only way to have them repair the roofing tiles and/or correct landscaping to properly flow/channel rain water AWAY from one's home is to have a LAWYER send them a letter requesting it.

Homeowner's in this neighborhood were required to sign a NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT with Lennar Homes, in return to having the rework completed at no charge, despite the fact that Lennar Homes screwed up in the first place.

What's truly sad is that the window of opportunity (warranty) on the majority of these homes is nearing expiration. Homeowners have a right to know and have the shoddy work by Lennar Homes repaired asap.

• Bill Kearney Jan 11, 2012

Contact me at: [email protected]
    MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)
    - Margaret Mead

• Mo
    Mon2et Jan 30, 2011

We purchased a new Lennar home in August, 2007. The first week we moved in there was a serious problem with the AC. Fortunately, we were there or the house would have been flooded. That was just the beginning of our ordeal. We have a stack of invoices for repairs for the AC until we had to replace the whole unit ~ repairs and replacement have cost us $5600.00. More recently, the water heater and dishwasher went out. Lennar's main headquarters in Miami, Fla. are ignoring us in spite of our phone calls and letters (with invoices). We now suspect that we may have Chinese drywall because of the smell we have in the garage. We need to warn people that Lennar Homes will ignore any claims, hoping that we will fade away. We need to keep up the pressure, such as, letters to the Attorney General of your State, the Contractor's Board of your State, and the Better Business Bureau in the area where the house was built.