Having problems with Zillow?

Zillow reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 11, 2009. The latest review Unethical agent was posted on Mar 27, 2021. The latest complaint wrong location and inaccurate value was resolved on Nov 17, 2014. Zillow has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 45 reviews. Zillow has resolved 3 complaints.

Zillow Customer Service Contacts

1301 Second Avenue, Floor 31
Seattle, Washington

Zillow Complaints & Reviews

ZillowUnethical agent

Unethical real estate agent: Nick Biasetti,
Reilly Biasetti Real Estate, New Fairfield, CT
We put an offer in on a house in New Fairfield, CT. The offer was accepted by the sellers. While we were doing inspections, the agent accepted another offer. He didn't let our agent know until over 2 weeks after the offer was accepted. When we found out, we had already finished inspections and wasted a lot of money on them.

ZillowBait and switch

3836 Dalaway in Moorpark, CA.
    Shows a price for only one three residences in the triplex.
    No amount of messaging requesting these costs were answered until I called and spoke with the listing agent today.
    There's absolutely no mention and no photos about a house under construction just across the parking area in front of 3836 Dalaway. A four-bedroom house is actively under construction, with an estimated two months of construction.
    I began making inquiries via Zillow about this property days ago. What a total waste of my time.
    No posting the prices of 2 units.
    No hint of the construction underway just across the parking lot.
    A complete waste of me. I need to find an appropriate-for-me residence that is cat friendly. One of my cats is dying of cancer, and I must get a cat friendly residence to live out the remainder of her life together.

Zillow AgentGave me an agent that will not return my calls

Zillow connected up to an agent to a house in Belleview Florida. Her Name is Emily Fletcher phone is [protected]. The initial conversation was okay and she promised to send us houses for sell in the area with what we are looking for and to contact the builder on the new houses being built and if any are available now

We have received nothing from her as far as houses for sell in the area and she does not return our calls. We leave messages all the time.

We are moving at the end of this month (March) if we do not have the information she has promised us and if we can not contact her on houses we want to see than we will be in a bind and stuck in a hotel trying to find a house to buy.

Is there another agent we can talk to that will help us out?

ZillowZestimate

I have made several request on Zillow about the incorrect Zestimate. I asked that the Zestimate be corrected or removed. It created several problems with the Mortgage Holder. The last appraisal was 9/19 for $1.8MM and Zestimate has $2.5MM as of today. The comps I found were less than $1MM. The market has dropped 30%.

July 25, 2020 - Your request (9676469) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

October 29, 2020 - your request ([protected]) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

Feb 3, 2021 - Your request ([protected]) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

Feb. 22, 2021 - Left voice message with customer service.

ZillowZillow Leads premier membership

I am a premier agent with Zillow. My Name Is Tatiana and My AD order Id is 0064y00000wPJtSAAW. I am paying between $800 to $1054 to be provided with vetted leads.

These are my complaints:

- I am paying for vetted leads that want to buy or sell real estate. I am getting of people that dont want to buy or sell, leads that dont even give names;
          - I am getting leads of people that want to rent only;

- I am not getting minimum number of promised leads per month, and when i get a lead, they are not vetted.

Zillow is not even doing a minimum of screening before passing any leads. I am paying over a thousand a month and with the type of leads Zillow is sending me, it's like I am just throwing my money away.

I would like my contract with Zillow to be canceled and my money to be returned to me, as i am not getting the service promised to me by Zillow

I am not happy with Zillow's leads.

[protected]@icloud.com

Zillowfalse advertising of agent who lied and continues to lie on zillow

Amy Lance #9520523 is a liar and advertises on zillow so one would believe she is an honest human. She lied about everything to me, all the while knowing I would be moving during a pandemic. She cause me so many problems and misrepresented everything for the purchase of a home on your sight. 62 neptune beverly, MA. The picture of her son, claiming to be part of her team Travis Bounsy is false advertising. All lies... Zillow should make sure if agents are engaging in lies and false advertising. She has caused me a total nightmare due to misrepresentation and omitting the truth. All Lies. I expect a response from Zillow, especially now, when lies causes death and truth matters. She even told me purchased home was cleaned and my bill for empty home, cleaned by seller was $800. Lied about yard. lied about everything and I will need to sell this home once pandemic ends. Im 63, was living in Colorado and scared of pandemic and needed to trust her but she was so desperate for money that she decided lack of truth and lies were more important than decency. I want some answers please as zillow is perpetuating her false claims and lies. You can reach me at [protected] or [protected]@aol.com. Im able to substantiate her devious and manipulative lies and false advertising with evidence to prove so. Im able to send further pictures and lies to prove zillow allows false and fake advertising. Ive hired an attorney to prove Ms. Lance fraudulently represent truths necessary for a out of state home purchase. My home 1.230, 000 with multitude of lies and issues with her. Please remove fake reviews and fake information.

ZillowPaid advertising for rentals

Fraudulent leads - total ripoff. Avoid. You've been warned. The guaranteed leads are bogus, providing no response after the initial post (presumably by Zillow. Don't be fooled into giving your credit card info to Zillow.

Use craigslist or some other free alternative.

Zillow's responses are perfectly polite, but they nonetheless charge you for bogus leads.

• Updated by Zillow Sucks · Dec 02, 2020

Call your credit card company to report Zillow's fraudulent practices. Do NOT give Zillow access to your credit card information - they will keep charging your card even after you deactivate your listing.

ZillowPublic home estimates

I have a well maintained 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home, with pool, that zillow had low priced at $304, 512 in august of 2020. In september 2020, they dropped it's estimate to $246, 112. My problem is, they are setting low market prices - with no recourse. They say it's only an estimate, but the truth is you now half to go to extraordinary lengths to prove they are wrong. They do this with no requirement to explain or justify their actions. For most folks, a home purchase is their single highest investment/purchase. What are folks to do when a big unapproachable entity publicly devalues their retirement savings by 19% over the course of just 30 days? Keep in mind this is real estate, not the stock market.

Public home estimates

ZillowWrong town on rental listing

My office admin and I have made multiple attempts to reach you and get a listing corrected that has the wrong town on only your site. No one has replied to our emails except one time where your company said the error was on our end that we have wrong town listed. That is completely false! We have the correct town in mls and our website but you listed the wrong town. I am so frustrated with the lack of customer service or even the possibility of speaking to someone.

ZillowRental Searches

Zillow's website is horribly bad. Three quarters of the page is taken up with ludicrous, unrelated photos of potential rentals that have nothing to do with the listings on the left side. There's no feature to minimize the right side that is worthless, yet despite addressing this with them they ignore the complaints and suggestions. They DON'T CARE.

They DON'T CARE about improving the site to help customers use it properly. Consequently, it's impossible to look for and find rentals.

In short, Zillow DOESN'T T CARE. They're in it for the money, not to help the public. Very unfortunate.

Feb 21, 2020

Zillow — Fence Installation Company

Today I called a company called Aluma-Guard about getting a fence repaired at a rental property I own in...

Zillowapartment listing

I saw a rental listing on your website for a 1 bdrm, 1 bath on a horse ranch, when I looked at the pictures, I wanted to rent it immediately. I was in for a big surprise, the landlord is a disgusting, lecherous man, the apartment was so filthy, I spent the first month cleaning, scrubbing, and steam cleaning the floors; the electric stove had faulty wiring causing burners to remain on even after turned off. When I sent a written request in the 7th week of tenancy, the landlord threatened to physically kick my as* and rip my throat out. I was so unnerved, I called the police and filed a complaint. Fortunately for me, another tenant recorded his threats and emailed them to me.

He is now evicting me though I have never been late on rent.

Zillowstealing buyers and selling the leads

I was inquiring about property on Zillow and when I called the phone number under agent at the top of the page I got immediately contacted by Zillow sales company within a few minutes... to try to get information on me so they can sell my information to a buyers real estate agent.

It was not the number to the listing agent or the seller... it was Mis-representation...it was malicious to get buyer leads and not direct the call to the seller or the listing agent.

The seller of the house was the owner agent and he wasn't even notified that I was contacting them about this property And neither was the agent...this this false advertising by Zillow should be ILLEGAL!

The seller who is a broker told me he has not gotten contacted by anyone off Zillow because Zillow keeps stealing all their leads to people calling on his property. That is with over 650 views and over 15 saves

I think Zillow is Scamming all the Sellers on Zillow by stealing the leads to make money!

Zillowpoor quality service

Your Zillow Representative promised me 10-15 phone calls per month. I realize now that was a snow job. Zillow never lived up to what your Rep' promised. A contract, which was not signed by me, is a mutual agreement between parties. Zillow did not do their part in supplying leads. I request that funds be credited for Poor Quality Service.

My Supposed Contract: I agreed to the Hebron Area, knowing that business was booming in that area. Then, I was conned to taking the Gary, In. areas. I did them a favor and took it. Bad move on my part because Gary, In. was the only calls that I received. Gary, In. is not the area of interest for most clients. Then I switched to Demotte. Once again, very few calls.

Sincerely,

Ted A Gross
                          [protected]

Zillowzestimate

After dozens of emails to customer service with only canned responses back and refusal to escalate issue I am writing a complaint about their zestimate of our home. For nearly three years our zestimate has continually gone up as the market has rebounded, increasing from the mid $1.3m to a high of $1.5.
                            As an owner my husband updated our listing written verbiage to state that the home underwent a $300k renovation. Open concept, chef's professional kitchen with two islands, new marble floors, new and improved everything. Instead of the zestimate going up it went down in one day by nearly half a million dollrs or 33%!!! Wtf. Himes didn't crash by that amount during the 2008 market crash!

Surely it must be a glitch, I thought. So I contacted zillow. As a chief marketing officer, formerly with usaa, whirlpool and other great companies, I expected a decent customer response, tailored to my details. Instead, email after email. I received cut and paste pat responses. On the 14th email I asked for a supervisor. This same person said that they finally looked into our particular listing and said it was based on an owner change to the listing.

Ok again, what the heck?!? You renovated a house, improved its value by investing over $300k and this algorithm decreases the zestimate by 33% and it continues to go down?!?!?!?!? This is why realtors hate zillow and now why we do too. We are just completing a $96k expansion and hit renovation of the master bath. Will that decrease our value by another half million?

I can list our house for $1.35m and have a bidding war in a week. We can easily sell north of $1.4. Your current zestimate is $989. How can you be that off??? The house at 1004 piano sold for $1.135 and your brilliant zestimate is $1.309m!!! That house has not been updated in 20 years, has a lot half the size of ours, has no real water view and by all rights would likely sell for less. But you zestimate it's value at over $300k more than ours! What!?!

I want more than a canned response and a fix before I take this to as many forums and associations as I can

Donna samulowitz
                            [protected]

Zillowrental application

Nonexistent customer service. Decided to try Zillow application service. Potential tenant submitted application, paid (the charge went through), I never received their application via Zillow. Tried to contact Zillow customer service and opened several tickets, they never replied to me. I wonder how many other applications didn't go through and I lost the business? Very disappointed.

Zillowincorrect information

Zillow deleted and changed my previous information (its 2.5 bath and Zillow shows it now having 1 bathroom) and they deleted over 30 quality photo recent photos of the refurbished new home and left my older, lower quality photos. All of my kitchen, master bdrm/ba, main bath, bedroom and other ground floor area photos vanished as soon as the home was put into the MLS system. Neither my realtor nor myself can correct it.
                                I have spent days working on photos getting it ready to list and added captions and organized them into a nice walkthrough beginning with a perfect exterior view. I have had owned this listing with Zillow for over 10 years and suddenly Zillow took control away from me and changed things.

I have contacted Zillow Support but according to my realtor, "Zillow determines" what is on their site so really nothing either of us can do about about it.

Aug 16, 2019

Zillow — erroneous views reporting, dropped of saves views,

Please be advised that you are reporting 633 Laramie River Ave El Paso Texas 79932 as not for sale thu...

Aug 14, 2019

Zillow — horrible service, zillow took over $2,500.00 out of my checking account.

Well, I hope someone really reads this complaint because I have tried to talk with a real live person for...

Zillow Rentalprocessing rental payments

This is the absolute worst company with shabby customer support. Impossible to get anyone on telephone. They have not processed rental payment into my account and the renter sent the ACH payment to them almost 1 month ago. It has been a daily chore with emailing back and forth. They continue to state my routing and account numbers are wrong. What do I do when they continue to hold my money? HELP !