Menu
LeafGuard Holdings
reviews & complaints

LeafGuard Holdings
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

23 complaints
4 resolved 19 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of LeafGuard Holdings. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
W
12:37 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Quality and installation issues. Letter and pictures send to Corp and no reply. Local contactor ignored "not Our problem" Installation causes overflow. Gutter corners not working properly Gutter clogged a 2nd story level Gutter have lost the gloss and dirt sticks to it.

L
10:00 pm EDT

LeafGuard Holdings - Product installation and service

Installed May 05, 2021

First rainfall they failed to keep water in the gutter causing a tremendous erosion gulley.

They also leaked behind the gutter at the joints.

The gutters were not installed as the salesman had sold and explained to me.

I have called and sent videos showing the problems but there is no return calls.
Each time I'm told the installer has been fired and someone will call to schedule service within two business days. They never called.

The other day I called the toll free service number on leaf guards site and same story with no return call.

I feel the entire company has failed me and taken me for $6000.00 which I paid on the contract sale date.

I have the video along with numerous emails along with records to prove the calls including names and all pertinent information.

Desired outcome: Fix product or price adjustment would be acceptable

Update by L Trotter
Dec 20, 2021 10:13 pm EST

Here is a short movie of the gutters as installed.

Update by L Trotter
Dec 20, 2021 9:47 pm EST

They did come and access the problem and said they fixed it for the third time.
The gutter still leaks and needs to be replaced.
The job needs to be completed as purchased or refunded and I will purchase gutters elsewhere.

This has been a terrible experience.

D
12:09 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased Leaf Guard because my down sprout was not preventing the water to drain away from my house. I notice that leaf gutters have an opening on the down sprout which rain water is pouring out right at my foundation like my old gutters. I'm not liking this debris opening it leaks water.

N
7:27 pm EDT

LeafGuard Holdings - Leafguard leaf filter

The first time it rained after the filter was installed a clog formed and the rain poured over the side of the house and under the house. I had to go out during a thunderstorm and dig a ditch along the side of my house to try to keep my house from flooding. The filter does not work. i call for a technician to come fix it and got an appointment for three weeks later. I called the day of the appointment and was told someone would come between noon and four. I waited til six thirty. I have since learned that these filter cannot work during heavy rains. Great. Worst product, worst service. I got scammed.

J
5:17 pm EDT

LeafGuard Holdings - Job opportunity

I applied for a fabricator/driver job at Leafguard of Knoxville Tennessee back in April. I had an interview shortly after because I looked up the local office number to contact them and contacted the warehouse manager Corey Oliver. It seemed to be going OK for a few weeks but then I stopped hearing back from him. I texted him weekly but did not hear a thing from over a month. On June 4 I called the local office again to ask if Mr. Oliver still work there and to let them know that I had not heard back from him in over a month and was kind of disappointed at the lack of communication. The person on the phone said "well if you're not happy you can apply somewhere else ". I do not find this to be professional or courteous and I will never recommend Leafguard to anyone anymore

Desired outcome: Disciplinary outcome against the Knoxville Tennessee office

12:16 am EDT

LeafGuard Holdings - Product/service

Poor customer service and product. I have not had these gutters on my home for unless than 6 months and had problems every since. Nothing but the run around. Missed appointments, damaged house, and false promises was all I got. Managers came to look but no ladders were used to examine home only to tell me nothing is wrong. I have asked for a refund and for the gutters and for them to be removed them as well as for the damages to my home. I was denied. Only adjustments. No! For I don't trust in this company nor their product. My house has been damaged and the only thing they said we can make adjustments. I have sent pictures, videos, emails, and made phone calls to only have been past to the sixth person and no refund. It is sad that I work so hard but have a company not take responsible for the poor product, installation, and customer service. I have continued to suffer personally, professionally, and mentally throughout this ordeal with no refund. Be advise!

Desired outcome: REFUND

2:13 pm EST

LeafGuard Holdings - Leaf filter

I had the Leaf Filter system installed on my gutters exactly 1 year ago at a cost of $4600. The installation was not timely, and it took many times coming back to my property to get it sort-of right.
Fast forward 1 year - I was installing my Christmas decorations and noticed while on a ladder that the entire system appears to be UV damaged. That is cool, I got a warranty on the system... Not.
Called every number I could find for the local office, corporate office, salesman, etc. Nobody is willing to do any physical help. I've had empty promise after empty promise to have service guys come to the house to review, call backs from service folks, and call backs from higher ups... Nothing. I've wasted a good bit of time just calling in to see what happened.
This is not looking good, and at this point, I want them off my house before they bind the flow of my gutters (expansion/contraction) or do any roof damage.

11:44 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Leaf Filter North of Missouri, LLC. 11 Worthington Acess Drive SuiteA Maryland Heights MO. 63043. Leaf Filter Gutter System. Job Work Order STL 17003. Main issue of complaint is an over charge of $1,600. On contract price was $10,300. Minus down payment of $1, 100 / minus tear off and clean up by us was to be credited $800.00. On contract added on $800.00...

R
6:27 pm EDT

LeafGuard Holdings - Leaf guard gutters

Called before hurricane Laura. Told they would be out to clean gutters. Called 2 x since then. On last call I told them if they did not honor their guarantee that if the gutters clogged, they would clean them, I would file a complaint. Apparently they do not care. This is an easy job, maybe 15 minutes, and all in front of the privacy fence so I do not even need to be home. I guess it is just too much trouble for them.

I
2:25 am EDT

LeafGuard Holdings - gutters

It should be obvious, but isn't to many, that these people are solely "scam artists. The gutters are just the"hook" they use to get their sales-holes in your home. If people would read the reviews (that's why we post them), they could probably be put
Out-of-business in a short period of time. If their product is as good as they say, why do they have to advertise everywhere, give huge percentage discounts off labor, and promise gift cards just for having an estimate, which btw they don't ever send. Also, the last thing they want to discuss is the actual price! Why, because it's so ridiculous that they want to avoid being throw out of people's homes. This business must really attract some unscrupulous types. I can say first hand when we needed some additional gutters installed a few years ago, we had estimates all over the board. Finally a family member gave the name of someone they used. They were not only the cheapest by 75%! But they did a fantastic job.
People, use your noggin, if clogged gutters was such an immense problem, this would be standard issue on homes bu building code when they're built. But it's not unless you live in the middle of some forrest and even then you shouldn't have gutters. You've been warned about leaf guard.

S
7:39 pm EDT

LeafGuard Holdings - gutters

Gutters were installed about 17 years ago. Had to have larger downspouts installed very soon after to accommodate the water flow during a moderate rainfall. Several years ago they clogged and called many times before finally getting someone to come clean them. This past winter they clogged again. Have called FIVE times over the past month and finally spoke with Jeff to schedule to come Friday. Well, guess what? No one came or bothered to call. So much for their guarantee. Worst customer service ever. Because of this issue I would never recommend.

J
5:43 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I recently bought a Leafguard system. I needed gutters so I got a quote for traditional gutters and then the Leafguard. After the salesman went through his charade of calling the manager for discounts (took a page out of the Kirby vacuum people), we agreed on a price (5X higher than traditional gutters, but I felt the product was superior and had a...

M
12:14 pm EDT

LeafGuard Holdings - gutters estimate

Not surprised by all the negative reviews. We agreed to have someone come out for an estimate. The appointment was for 6:30. We were to receive a call either the Sunday before or earlier that day. We did not get a call and intended to cancel. No one showed up at 6:30 so we thought they forgot. A little past 7 someone shows up at our door and it is the estimator /sales person. I don't remember her name and it doesn't matter as she was just doing her job. It seemed to take forever for her to finish the measuring and whatever else they do. About half an hour later she comes back and sets up her presentation and all I can think is really. I just wanted an estimate. The whole time I'm siting through this hard sell, I'm wondering if these gutters are that good why don't they sell themselves. Now an hour into this appointment we get the first estimate of $10, 284. This is for a 1000 sq ft bungalow. Oh but wait they will take so much off and it brings it down to $8000+. I politely tell her that my husband and I have to talk this over and we will decide later. She proceeds to reduce it down more and I tell her the same thing that we were not making decision tonight. She calls her boss or someone to negotiate the price down. What a game. They went from $10, 000 plus down to $5900. A third time I repeat myself. An hour and half has gone by and when she continues to talk to the boss to further reduce the cost, my husband says all we want is the estimate and that this has gone on to long. Finally she gets off the phone and leaves. This hard sell felt more like being harassed made me very distrustful of this company. To start out so high and then be able to give so many discounts. Do some people fall for this scam and shell out the top dollar. It's taking advantage of people as she was trying to make it sound like the $8000 was a lot more reasonable.

We will not have these gutters installed. There are so many negative reviews about this company. I walked way from this thinking all that was said was a lie. I'll stick with my old gutters that are working fine. I have no waterfall rain problem or icicles in winter.

R
7:07 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Our problem is the same, we had the LeafGuard Gutters installed in June, 2012. We have gone through the winter snows with hanging icicles and built up ice atop the gutters. It is extremely dangerous when the weather warms slightly. We have had near misses with our pets and ourselves when the huge icicles fall and large chunks of ice slide off the gutter...

4:55 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

From the day that they were installed, two years ago, the gutters did not work properly. I was told that my roof was at fault, but they never explained to me why the gutters were installed if the roof was bad. Rain water poured over the gutters and under them as well as between the fascia and the gutters. The fascia now needs to be replaced. In the winter...

12:36 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This company is aware of the "ice dam" problems. Never had this problem in the 26 years in my home. Had Leaf Guard installed prior to last winter, now I get 4-6 ft icicles over my front steps when it snows. They drip aduring the day and refreeze on our front steps overnight. Paul has come out once to look and suggested installing a heater at his cost, that...

G
11:36 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I looked over the website for this product, and, having tried other gutter guard products, all with limited success, I decided to give it a try. One thing I did NOT notice was a small caveat buried in the installation "warnings"- if you have a metal roof, you "have" to have something called "ice cleats". In my area (Atl metro) it would be very hard to find...

11:41 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Gutters for a house at $43+ a running foot. Seems lot an awful lot of profit there. What a rip-off!!

10:34 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I love my LeafGuard. It is everything they said and more. How nice to be worry free. Another company came to my house and showed me a picture of LeafGuard with leaves stuffed in it. LeafGuard had already told me about their clog free warranty so when I asked the other guy why someone with this problem wouldn't call LeafGuard to remove a clog he couldn't...

K
9:24 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Leafguard (gutters) of Greater Charlotte refuses to refund my $2300 deposit even though they never did any work at my house. I cancelled the job 3 days before they were supposed to show up. How does that sound to you? Don't use these guys, don't trust these guys. The contract they use does not mention that the deposit is non-refundable. They just don't...

LeafGuard Holdings contacts