Lady of AmericaMembership cancelation

I am European and when I was sighning my contract I specificaly asked what would happen if I'll decide to move back. Lady at the front desk said it wont be any problem. I'll just have to email them and cancel my membership. Sure enough year later I was moving back to Europe so I contacted LOA and they asked me to email to National Fitness.
First - I signed conctract with LOA so why I have to contact someone else to cancel??
Anyway, I did that. With my cancelation letter I also emailed them my new ID from my homecoutnry.
Week later I recevied call just to tell me that they wont accept it since they can't understand my new id! Uhm daaaaa... what am I supposed to do? Translate my ID so you can understand it?? Are you kidding me? I a meantime they charge my cc!
So I emailed them confirmation letter in english from my new employer. Nobody contacted me at all but I coudl see they charged my cc AGAIN! I had to call them to see whats their problem and they just said they wouldn't accept my employment letter..
I contacted Delta airlines to send me a confirmation that I was on the board and I left country! For Delta to reply it took another month so sure enough they charged me AGAIN!
I forwarded them the Delta confirmation and I haven't hear back since!
no confirmation, no email, no call.. nothing..
I called them to make sure they got it and... they asked me for $50 cancelation fee! WOW... I never want to hear about this company ever again! STAY AWAY. There are gyms with actuall customer service out there!!!

• Pj
    PJ P Dec 28, 2012

They always take care of there customers. They go above and beyond to make sure that we are achieving all are goals. Pleasent staff always say hello and smile.

• Nl
    nlowings Dec 03, 2010

Do not sign a contract with LOA - it is scam very misleading regarding annual maintenance fees which they continue to charge after the 30 days notice given to cancel. This is the worst management of a fitness center billing I have ever experienced.

• Ge
    GenA91 Oct 20, 2009

Lady of America told me I had 3 days to cancel my contract after I signed up and then would not let me. They not only did not give my money back, they began taking even more money out of my bank account. Very deceptive and very fraudulent.

Please advise others!