LA Fitnessdiagnosed with cancer and unable to recoup any money

M

I am so disgusted with L.A. Fitness!!

I have purchased a year long membership with the kids club and a trainer once a week as I was finally able to work out as I was promoted at work and worked a lot less hours.
A few months later I was diagnosed with stage 3 aggressive breast cancer. I will be undergoing over a year of chemotherapy. Among the stress and hassle of all my appointments I had the hassle of explaining to the gym my situation and attempt to get some of my money back. They cannot cancel my trainer, at minimum I would have to pay $800 to cancel my training sessions, and there is no way they would give me any money back. They offered to freeze my account for 6 months and wave the $35 freezing fee. Six months helps me in no way shape or form when I will be sick for over a year.

I had called the local gym and the head office in california multiple times and was always promised to have a call back, which I would never get. Basically I was [censor] out of luck. No exceptions would be made even though I am going through a sever illness.

• Me
    Melissa Angle Rickrode Jun 07, 2017

That is total crap!! As long as you have a Physician's
    certificate stating that you are medically unable to
    utilize their facility due to health reasons, they are
    obligated to refund your money. I believe this is even
    in there policy!! Check it out!!

• Me
    Melissa Angle Rickrode Jun 07, 2017

@Melissa Angle Rickrode I wanted to add that you're in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!!