Krogerstore accident

D

I tripped and fell over the Express Sign at the Kroger in Bonaire, GA hurting my right knee. In fact, it swelled up like a grapefruit immediately and the assistant manager saw this. They had me write a statement and then told me the manager would contact me to file an incident report. The manager never contacted me. Instead, I receive a call "Unknown caller" and she said, "I know you're feeling really good today." I said, "Excuse me, who is this." She repeated again that I was feeling well and when I questioned again she said her name was (name redacted) and she was calling for Kroger insurance. I asked her what company and she wouldn't answer. I hung up. I then spoke to someone named (name redacted) and she explained they (Sedgwick LLC) represent Kroger and that "if" they found Kroger was at fault, they would only pay my out-of-pocket expenses. She repeated this several times so, as she told me, I would understand. I emailed Kroger and tried to speak with the store manager several times to no avail. I then get a call from (name redacted) and he left a message on my voice mail stating that they have reviewed my claim (no claim was ever made and I never had the opportunity to complete an incident report) and that my claim was denied. He said on my voice mail that the sign was over 3 feet tall, black on a white floor and I should have seen it. I called him back and left a message on his voice mail that the sign was in a bad place and the floor was dark brown concrete and that he should review the video and he would see. He then called me back and left me a voice mail (I have saved all the voice messages from him) and told me that he had watched the video and that I was wrong, the floor was definitely white and I should have seen the sign. He also said on my voice mail that no one had ever fallen in that store before me which I find hard to believe. The floor is brown so I know that he did not watch any video. He said again my claim was denied. I faxed a letter with all the information to the Kroger corporate offices and they will not respond to me and the manager still will not return my calls. Even when I call the 800 Kroger customer service number and tell my story, I cannot get any type of answer. I have notified the Insurance Commission for Kentucky (Sedgwick LLC), Ohio (Kroger corporate) and Georgia (where the store is) filing a complaint. How can a claim be denied when one was never filed? Why am I being treated like a criminal when I tripped an fell in their store? Today I went to the store and noticed that the sign is no longer there and neither are the barricades that direct you to the registers. Kroger is awful and after I hear from the Insurance Commissioner's Office I will then plan my next step.

• De
    Debisue8 Jan 25, 2012

Not looking for a settlement . . . . . it was an ACCIDENT. Just need an incident report for my health insurance to pay for the surgery. Also, for your information, it is illegal to post names/photos etc. on a public site without the other parties permission which is why the names were redacted. Study Law 101. Just didn't like being treated like a criminal over an accident and being told that people like me were the reason food prices are high. I'm sure none of you hateful posters have ever tripped and fallen before. I'm sure with your comments you would call an ambulance chaser if you stubbed your little toe.

• De
    Debisue8 Jan 25, 2012

Excuse me, maybe she needed an incident report so that her insurance would pay for the accident. Geez, you all are losers . . . . ACCIDENTS HAPPEN!!!

• English Ian Jan 25, 2012

point taken but why hate blacks?

• Ih
    I hate blacks Jan 24, 2012

Why should Krogers pay for your carelessness and stupidity.

• English Ian Jan 24, 2012

it was the express check-out... doesn't mean you have to run; you clutz... give it up - you've been busted for being dishonest.

• Ji
    JillywantSushi Jan 24, 2012

Start paying better attention. Are you blind?

jobno56 Jan 24, 2012

hello (name redacted);
    as speaking for (name redacted) we find you are at fault
    we have it all on video and it clearly shows that (name redacted) intentionally fell on the sign and then (name redacted) is trying to get some sort of settlement.
    so in conclusion, (name redacted) will get nothing.
    sincerely,