Krogerprobation

U

I have worked for Kroger for almost 2 years. I have been put on probation for excessive absence. Every time I have written proof from my doctor urgent care er or surgeon . Supposably I have 13 offenses ... Have no idea where that came from I am only aware of these. Vomiting. Almost falling to the floor leaving early went to doctor . Have excuse. 2nd had bleeding and rushed to hospital left work early ended up having ectopic pregnancy and had to have surgery as it was fatal. Was out 5 days. Then got flu went to urgent care with recurring fever and pain doctor excuse for 48 hrs off due to contagious! Then a week later illness never cured by antibiotics so rushed to urgent are after work with 104 fever. Doctor ordered 48 hrs off. Only took off 5. Next day return to work and every employee was aware I was under evaluation as there was a note ------ called off again... So rude! Was called to office and told I was put on probation for absence and tardy... I was unaware as Kroger I believed had a 7 minute rule for clocking in but I was only late a few times by a minute or two. Also some late clock ins were due to clock system as I had just transferred and had to find someone to manually clock me in. Tell me this is it right to be put on probation for these as I work in pharmacy and I can spread germs easy I count distribute meds and talk to clients. I feel treated unfairly. As I was under the impression as long as I had written doctor notes that I wouldn't be put on disciplinary action.

• Da
    Dave Nelson2 Aug 28, 2017

First off, are you part of the local union? If you are, voice your issues and questions to management and then let them know that if you are not satisfied with their response, you will have no choice but to talk to your union rep. Sometimes, that makes all the difference in their handling of an issue. It did with me. They don't mess with me anymore. I've been with Kroger for two years.

• Ra
    RarelyComplain Jan 05, 2013

Can't speak for the illnesses, hey its happened to me - only person in my department that was out 4 -6 days a year just for the lousey flu. But do you realize that as far as they're concerned, one minute late is as bad as 1 hour late? They really do think like that - especially if some higher up's relative or friend needs a job. Finally I know a Kroger employee who tells me all the stories, and from what I hear, you may as well assume your coworkers are all backstabbers. So clean up your act. Start with arriving a half hour early.

• Un
    Unfairness2013 Jan 04, 2013

I disagree as you probably skimmed this question without actually reading it. I'm not asking for opinions, so keep yours to yourself. I work hard pay my taxes and raise a family, I do have some medical issues that have arose that have caused time off. And I believe that I was treated unfairly as this was my first reckoning as it was and issue as I have stated I have valid!!! Not fake or illegal. Documentation of my hospitalization surgery and sickness. As I was raise treat others as you would like to be treated so leave your discriminating comments to yourself

• BOHICAdon Jan 04, 2013

Check into the "Medical and Family Leave Act" ...It may help...I know becos I was fired for excessive absence...and I couldn't draw unemployment...I showed where "ALL" of the time I took off...except 4 hours...was to take my "better half" to doctor appointments and ER visits...the 4 hours was when I took off in the middle of my shift to go to the ER, and had documentation for everything...I could have got my job back with back-pay...but it worked out where I took my time and found better employment...Dept of Labour or the Labour Board has the information...it was enacted to cut done on Harassment...Good Luck...bohicadon