Kmartemployee alyssa _ kearny nj kmart store

J Feb 24, 2018

I went to store to return an opened ink cartridge as it was the incorrect size. Alyssa explained that she was not able to exchange it due to store policy. When asked where on the recipet that policy was located she answered "I don't know, I don't make the reciepts." She was rude and dismissive. Additionally, I had other items to purchase and as she was ringing me up, another customer was brought to her to help answer a question on where an item was located. When the customer told her she was looking for wall decals, she rudely answered "you're going to have to give me more than that." Her blatant rudeness just cost the store a loyal customer.

• Sh
    Shaun R. Feb 24, 2018

With respect, I would never assume I could return an open ink cartridge.

• Ju
    Julia515 Feb 24, 2018

@Shaun R. It wasn’t about not being able to return it. It was a $25 dollar mistake, no biggie. It was the way it was communicated. Not all customers are aware of what can and can’t be returned. A used lipstick can be returned, no questions asked. What struck me was not only her being rude to me but also to another customer simply asking where an item was located.

• Sh
    Shaun R. Feb 25, 2018

@Julia515 Appreciate hearing back from you. As read, the complaint came across as being rather negative to the fact the ink cartridge couldn't be returned. That's not unusual for many stores. I've never tried to return anything in the way of cosmetics to a store but if I did and was refused, I wouldn't request being shown on a receipt where it was written that I couldn't return such a product. In fact, unless otherwise stated, the opposite is true -- by default, all sales are considered final. So the question might be asked, "Where on the receipt does it state an item may be returned?"

I can appreciate the overall concern, however. Not the fact that you weren't allowed to return merchandise, but how it was communicated. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. We're all human. Being stressed out or otherwise having a bad day, something that is said may not be in a tone that is pleasing at that very moment. On any other day, it may come across completely different.