KitchenAid$50 rebate - stand up mixer

M

Bought this mixer largely due to the $50 rebate. I submitted all of the info I thought was required prior to the program expiration date. Yesterday, on Feb 29, I received a post card from Kitchenaid in the mail stating that I did not include the UPC code, though there is noting on the box that identifies that particular barcode as the UPC, and the portion of the box/barcode I did submit clearly states "Proof of Purchase." I called the customer service phone number on the postcard and talked to a lady who said that the card was mailed on January 27 and that there was "nothing she could do" to help me because the program had expired. I asked to speak to her supervisor who told me the same thing. There is neither a date nor a post mark on the card I received. From the other complaints I have read online I am inclined to believe this is nothing but a scam but still want to pursue the rebate I believe I am entitled to. Documentation attached.

$50 rebate - stand up mixer