King Soopersterrible experience

S Review updated:

My wife went to the Greeley store on 35th avenue on 8/6/09 to purchase the USDA Choice Boneless Half Ribeye that was advertised in an ad distributed on 8/5/09. What was there instead were whole bone-in ribeyes. She also went to purchase the advertised chicken leg quarters from the same ad. There were none to be had. This has become a increasing occurrence at this store. I can understand a mistake once in awhile, but this is starting to look purposeful. I attempted to comment on their site, but kept getting an error.

• C
      Nov 04, 2009

King Sooper should be investigated for advertising fraud. In the same paper they advertise items at a certain price if you buy any combination of the ten items. One would think as long as I purchase 10 items that's the price one gets. NO, if you buy 18 items as I did then you are given a $5.00 credit on the ten items purchased and the other 8 are purchased at the normal rate. THIS IS FRAUD, not because I think so, but because you advertise one price and charge another. I will NEVER purchase ANYTHING from King Sooper or Kroger the parent company.

• A
      Jun 18, 2010

At the king soopers located at 64th and Mcintyre in Arvada Colorado, customer service desk refused to reward a winning scratch ticket by making a excuse that the ticket was purchased somewhere else. The manager was rude and not of any help.

Nov 20, 2010

What you must know is that King Soopers is Abusive to their Employees.

and of course we have Abusive Customers as well. Do you really think you can talk to people any way you want just because you are a customer?

Nov 20, 2010

Store Managers are generally abusive to Employees because they think they are better than us.
    We have complained to Russ Dispense by emailing russ.[protected]@kingsoopers.com about store
    managers yelling at us in front of Customers and Co workers and he does not care.
    I was pregnant and my store manager said that it was not an excuse to use the restroom.
    This is an example of how King Soopers treats employees

• K
      Nov 21, 2010

I would like to offer you the opportunity to become your own boss. You can set your own hours and work from home. No investment, no sales, no inventory, no risk. Please contact me at k.[protected]@sasktel.net for more information. This could be the opportunity that changes your life.

Dec 04, 2010

I work at store 49 17000 E lliff ave in aurora as a floral manager an yes the store managers are very abusive i was forced to quit do to a hostile work environment also i was discriminated against as well, They say there company values are 1.Honesty 2.Integrity 3.Respect of others 4.Diversity 5.Safety 6.Inclusion, your voice matters, Well this is crap because I have voice memos were the store managers are telling me they were going to force me to step down. It was so bad at that store I had to record them on my cell phone every time they called me in to the office. I try to get transfer out of that store and they told me that was NOT!!! going to happn unless I step down but other managers from different depts came and went. There had been five or more other floral managers in that store be for me and from my understanding they step down. I was with king soopers for almost 2 years and I loved my job just the managers are so mean. I have taken this to the union as for now nothing yet has happn. I would also like to get a good attorney on this. I also had hurt myself n on the job n after going to the docts the work comp my store manager told me I was going to have to pay the bill. So KathyLe you are so right how these manager are. If any one out there would like to join me in this battle please feel free to e-mail me @ [protected]@yahoo.com thank you for reading my complaint with king soopers

Feb 04, 2011

Well today I had my step 2 grievance meeting with Kingsoopers. Did it do me any good? NO!! it did not .Mat Davids did not want to hear anything I had to say at one point he even rolled his eyes at me...lol I thought it was kind of funny in a way. But as the meeting went on I ask him like four different times if he would like to here the voice recordings I have of the store supervisor Roni telling me that her and the store manager were going to force me to step down and that I would have no choice and how they deny me my leave of absence. The funny part is there denying they even said any of this to me and I have it all on tape.I guess though if he would have let me play it for him he could not of taken there side on this hole thing huh.He just shook his head no and told me that they were just doing there job and that to him he seen no form of hostile work environment that he was denying my request. Dose that surprise me? NO!! Did I think it would turn out any different then it did? NO!! Do the little people ever win? NOPE!! people like this always get away with what they do no matter how much evidence you have on them to prove your case, I have it on tape, time and dates and it still did not matter. How sad is this!! Well on to step 3 now. Now its just the point of this matter of how people can get treated like that in a work place by a manager or co manager and nothing happens to them. Oh but if that was one of us little people we would have been fired. Again how sad. !!! Please if any of you out there have been were I am or are going through it now please please post you complaints with mine. thank you for reading my store.

• S
      Mar 18, 2011

my compliant is a little diffrent from yours, I was walking into kingsoopers entrance on buckley quincey amd tripped and fell on a metal strip across there floor and broke my arm. king soopers is not trying to be responsible when the metal piece should have been repaired to prevent any harm to there customers. of course king soopers treat there employees bad they also treat there customers bad. The management talk to you any king of way there rude. They want to rate them as a A+ thats incorrected king soopers need to work on there customer service skills its real poor.

Aug 09, 2011

King Soopers has a lot of great employees who are very nice and seem happy to do a great job serving their customers. There seems to be a new corporate culture creeping into management that does not support good customer service and they will throw their employees under the bus and go against the customer if you have any problem that the service clerks cannot address. I pity the employees, most are good people who will go out of their way to help, but they are not treated well by management and then they end up being on the a** of a conflict with customers. Bad corporate policies, bad customer relations, bad company.

• A
      Nov 08, 2011

yea lets say I got in a car accident and was late two other times by a few minutes and was written up, not variance but a write up, the union rep asked the store manager to remove the deer one from my file and he said no, even though I could prove I hit a deer, I have a picture of my head light and a phone bill with a dispatch number on it, but he is just a heartless jerk. And my grocery manager can't even do her job correctly but is negative towards everyone, the store I work at has lost so many good people but my management team sucks, on top of that they don't care about you or your family, because I forgot my carseat for my child in my bf's car, which happens to be state law to have one and if anything would have happened to my child I wouldn't be able to live with myself, anyways they said that wasn't a good enough accuse and than the deer car accident happened needless to say, if I call in or am late by a few minutes I get a suspension. Good effin management, NOT.

• N
      Dec 03, 2011

As a long time Kroger employee and having been through the high turn over that grocery nightcrew often causes I have seen more crew and members of management come and go than I care to recall, in all honesty I usually refer to new hires as F.N.G for at least three months before making any attempt to recall names. It has recently became more apparent that with all the "Key Retailing" hoopla that the management the company has begun to seek out for promotion are no longer the most qualified for the positions but the most compliant yes men available. I have never aspired to much more than to be returned to the simple life of a stocker but as one of the only remaining workers with the experience and work ethic to allow the "Red Badges" I work for to not appear mentally defiant no matter how silly or downright stupid their decisions are, as a result I have been moved from trouble area to trouble area and am currently in dairy against medical advice as lifting more than forty pounds on a recently reconstructed shoulder could cause severe nerve damage crippling me for life, at thirty years old not that promising. A key example is that over the Thanksgiving holiday week the grocery manger ordered loads in excess of 700 cases per daily dairy load requiring in excess of thirty hours per load to stock and condition, while managing to schedule only sixteen hours per load. We busted our humps and averaged sixteen to eighteen hours to complete and do you think that would merritt a "good job" or maybe even a "thank you" no our reward for near suicidal pace was a write up of course postponed two weeks and avoided until each workers last day of work for the week. Cowardly. If you truly think your employees are not doing their jobs why not inform them as soon as possible. Another thing that I have noticed is "training" has gone from allow me to show you what to do from a member of management to you are in this department now and if you screw up we will tell you every chance we get until you get it right, well I don't know whats rights this week but is not whatever you did.
    This brings me to the whole "Key Retailing" plan as management calls it, I have worked for many companies from mom and pop stores to international oil conglomerates and this "plan" seems to be more like the revised revisions of the idea of the concept that could one day with a lot of luck become the "plan". Oil companies and even computers firms use this strange idea referred to as beta testing you take random sample of your intended market and try things out before going into full scale operations. I went through a few of these in the oil world and you know by the time things went live things had been reworked or scrapped completely multiple times. Why would they scrap a great marketing plan? You ask. Feedback. Since it was almost never the same stores used to test each concept and actually listening to the results and input of those that tested it. Instead of selecting a few stores that you know will prove any idea you have so you can tell everyone that thinks there might be a flaw in it "no, your wrong my three pet stores can do it and it doesn't matter if you have four times the sales and less than half the manpower it's been proven and is now infallible."

May 30, 2012

I will not buy meat such as steaks, roasts, hamburger no any meats, their meat is terrible quality.
    I still had to wait in line for over 5 minutes.
    The employees are the greatest as to the way treat me at the Pueblo, Southside store.

• H
      Oct 11, 2017
    King Soopers - Customer Service
    King Sooer Stetson Hills store

Wow the customer service desk at this store is a hit and miss thing.
    If you are unlucky you get "Autumn" who is regularly rude, discourteous and unfriendly. I have never seen her be friendly to anyone. Or you could get "Chase" who is obnoxious, and makes sexual comments. Or you could get "Raquel" who seems to just want to send text messages instead of doing her job. They know nothing about customer service and I don't know why they work customer service, they should be transferred to different areas of the store. But they still work customer service so this store obviously doesn't care about customers.
    The bright stars in customer service are "Megan", "Caitlin", "Sherri" and "Elizabeth". They are always friendly and courteous. They deserve to be working customer service.

• V
      Aug 15, 2018
    King Soopers - Complaining about employment there

The King Soopers on 9th and Corona in Denver, CO treats their Courtesy Clerks like manure. If your not black, Hispanic or gay you are treated like a piece of garbage. If you are white, Christian and not gay you get bullied, yelled at and accused of things you don't do. The Manager refuses to help you, but favors the gays, blacks and hispanics.

• C
      Aug 20, 2018
    King Soopers - ww chocolate bars
    Denver
    Colorado

King Soopers in Denver has discontinues selling WW Giant Chocolate Ice Cream Bars. They said it was a product being discontinued.

• F
      Aug 21, 2018
    King Soopers - Front end managers store #8
    Highlands Ranch
    Colorado

They are very rude and disrespectful to the cc's working there and yell at them and argue when they are doing there job correctly would appreciate more appropriate front end managers and women managers are very rude the head manager is very nice Bryan very helpful people at u scan stand around don't clean stations very unsatatary

Sep 19, 2018
    King Soopers - digital coupon scanning problem at register
    Denver, ColoradoDenver

The scanner does not recognize the extra discount for a digital coupon. We shop at 14th and Krameria, 35th Ave and Quebec and the new location at MLK and Havana Street. Our card number is [protected]