KIA Motors - 2002 KIA Sedona Exanother extremely poor quality kia vehicle!

Here are the problems I had with my 2002 kia sedona ex:

Gas gauge – after filling up with gas, the gauge immediately moved to half but took about five minutes to move from half to full.

It also didn’t read accurately. While driving, it slowly dropped (As would be expected). The problem here was, it showed only 1/2 a tank of fuel when it's really 3/4 full.

Trip computer / overhead console – the digital display for the various overhead console functions was wrong. For instance, it showed time as 3:69 p. M. And the temp readings were preceded by a small l.

Sliding doors – on the left sliding doors, the plastic bushing busted off the center support brackets causing the door to bind.

Windshield wipers – completely failed when the connecting bushings fell apart.

Interior door handles –the handle actuates a cable attached to the latch, allowing the door to open when the handle is pulled. The cable seemed to have too much slack in it, making it difficult to open the door from the inside. The interior door handle on the left (In my case, driver's) side simply broke off because it is non-reinforced plastic

Oil usage – in just under 3, 000 miles, it leaked and/or burned about 3/4 of a quart. There's no evident leak, so i'm guessing that it's the latter.

Air conditioner – leaked refrigerant slowly and then ceased to function.

Engine – jerked (Or stalled) hard, threw on check engine light but continued to run.

Paint – the paint beneath the rear window peeled. Clearcoat paint on piece above license plate "alligatored" or "checked."

Airbag light — airbag light was constantly lit.

Warning lights – warning lights for charging system and brake never light (Bulbs test okay).

Charging system – this malfunctioned, requiring replacement of alternator.

Acceleration – sometimes ran at idle speed even when trying to accelerate.

Glove compartment door – failed to close entirely, allowing inside light to stay on.

Cruise control – periodically shut off automatically and could not be turned back on until the vehicle was stopped, shut off, and restarted.

Leather cover – peeled off of the shifter and had to be re-glued.

Sun visors – plastic broke causing mirror covers to fall out.

They had to be replaced.

• Updated by Bahman Ghasemi · Apr 25, 2017

Part list and password please send me the key remote tanks

• Updated by Bahman Ghasemi · Apr 26, 2017

Hello
    Please complete specifications and password Optima remote I wanted the key. View the photos can be attached

• Valerie Dec 21, 2006

Am I mistaken or is Kia branded autos the low cost offerings from Hyundai? Most the people I know who owned Kia's had nothing very kind to say about them. Your laundry list of defects is enough to steer me clear of Kia's in the future. Thanks for taking the time to post a clear and well written review. Cheers!

• 12
    12197777 Dec 21, 2006

I used to own a 99 Kia Sepheia. In the 5 years I had it, had the following problems:

1. Break Fluid leak - cost to fix ... $500+
    2. Transmission Fluid Leak - and I was stranded!
    3. Engine Trouble - some wiring is wrong and I was stranded somewhere!
    4. At the end of its lifespan, car had trouble to start and occasionally it'll not able to start after you drive it, for at least a couple hours!

It died with only 61K miles on it. I sold that piece of junk to someone who was willing to pay about $500 for it.

I'll never ever drive anything Koeran again!

• St
    Steven Spernyak Aug 21, 2018

Camera screen stays black with the lines. Blue tooth kicks off frequently. Own a 2013 optima sxl 42k miles didn't expect issues with such low miles. Read reviews online and see this is an ongoing issue even with newer models love the car but lets see based on kias action on if it will be my last!

• Fu
    fuunyoldlay Sep 01, 2018

online schedule appointment does not work. There was no response. Tried 2 phone numbers for appointment all I got was busy signal. Took me 1 hour to find the correct phone number. Why don"t you take off online schedule appointment???? At least make sure that your customers have the right phone number for service. I had to find on yelp

Samantha Lundall Sep 01, 2018

My sportage is a year old and the electronic parking brake system malfunctioned. I have to wait 21 days for the part. This is truly bad service.

i job requires my to have a car so now u have to pay R2000 for a loan car through Kia. I have never been so unhappy about service received. I do not understand why i need to wait 21 days for a part.

Sap123 Sep 06, 2018

Your cars are garbage!!! You have the audacity to make a tv commercial that compares your horrible cars to a BMW? Get the hell out of here!!! Try again Kia!!! The acronym for your terrible company is Keep It Away!! You make such awful cars!! And people are stupid enough to by them!! Your warranty is a joke!!!

manikandanj Sep 10, 2018

KNAKU811XE5463581-KIA SORENTO manufacturing defect on oil passage to connecting rod bearings
    car having full service history until 108768 kilometers otherwise please give me KIA middle east office contacts
    As per Kia motors its having recall on engine failures on 2.4 sorento engines

[email protected]

• Ly
    Lynn Fowler 9 Sep 10, 2018

I have a 2014 kia rio and have just been told I need new brakes. There are only 20, 000 km on it. I find this atrocious that I need to spend this much money on a 3 year old car. I will never recommend it. Ive had many new cars and have never had to purchase new brakes at such a low mileage.

• Ib
    Ibrahim Al Ramadhani Oct 21, 2018

Before I purchase the car I have asked the Kia motor team is this car is number one whit 360 camera and Redar they say yes, I have seen number one top of the range on the website it is totally different than what I have now

• Di
    Diezel0131 Oct 22, 2018

Hello I don't have a complaint just and inquiry about how to get a 4 door 2016 kia optima convertible. I was wondering if the concept ever came out or if I can get a custom one designed or something

• Jc
    jcw2977 Oct 27, 2018

After the recall replacement of the control arm, I am still having issues with the front end. There isn't a single bolt that isn't rusted. The wheel bearing hub assembly bolts are so rusted the mechanic's ratchet broke. Has anyone else reported issues?

• Lu
    Luxitha Oct 28, 2018

I'd like to buy a Kia Niro 2017. When does it comes to Sri Lanka?

• Bahman Ghasemi Nov 05, 2018

Optima 2016 I bought the chassis number knagx411bga420673 but it did not find any details please profile pinthe key to send it to me

• Le
    Leecelmae Nov 13, 2018

Poor management and procedure of handling clients especially to Acctg. Dept. of kia motors located in Mandaue City.