KFCnot safe

C

I'm in Wichita, Kansas. I had KFC on Maize Rd and 21st for lunch this past Tuesday, May 30, 2017. I ordered the $5. Lunch deal a chicken breast, mashed potatoes, biscuit, and cookie. Within an hour of eating my day went from wonderful to take me out back and shoot me. I don't think I have ever felt so bad in my entire life and that's damn near 40 years and lots of bad decisions. Here it is Friday June 2, 2017 and I almost feel human again. I haven't been able to go to work or do anything, but wish I was dead. I lost 21 pounds in just under a week. That's just not right. Where is the pride in people's jobs anymore. Back in my days of working in fast food you had to do food handlers safety and stuff. I don't know if people are still required to do this, but they should. I know it's all about money, but people can die from food poisoning, seriously. I will never eat here again. That is if I ever feel like eating again. It's a shame, because there are an awful lot of people out there that eat fast food daily. Now I know why I only do it occasionally.

• JKWilliams Jun 03, 2017

That's just awful, and yes, food poisoning is dangerous. Life-threatening in fact. But 2 things: First consider anything you ate earlier that day. I don't know what kind of malady you had, but food poisoning usually takes 2 - 3 hours to come on (if staph) and 4 - 6 hours if salmonella (more likely from a KFC). Secondly, I hope you saw a physician who might inquire what you ate, and where, and got cultures. That is absolutely necessary to identify the source. Otherwise its pretty useless (and possibly damaging) to assume stuff when it comes to food poisoning.