Kenmore Elite Triofreezer loud noise and error display

It is August 30, 2009. We purchased the Trio frig on October 17, 2004 which tells me that the 5 year warranty is still in effect until October of this year, correct? According to the service dept. it has expired. Can India please use the correct calendar? In Feb. 2005 the left door was replaced due to a faulty water dispenser not shutting off. Today we have a freezer that is making such a loud noise that one can't be in the same room. An error of ee FF came on. We unplugged it and plugged it back in but the noise is deafening. Called the svs dept and they will be out in 3 days, tried to sell me a $250 package and I said no way. The entire freezer was coated in the back wall with ice, so I picked that away. I'm thinking that a piece of ice is on the compressor making this horrendous noise? Anyone else have this problem. I hate this refrigerator so much, I'm sorry we got it in 2004. Model # [protected].

• Sh
    Shelley Dec 31, 2008

I purchased a Kenmore Elite Trio refrigerator in April 2008. I have had one repair call to fix improper door alignment. I have had two repair calls to fix problem with freezing in the vegetable crisper drawers. I did not purchase the extended warranty, as I assumed the appliance would not have to be repaired for many years anyway. WRONG ASSUMPTION! I have thrown out about $40 worth of fruits and vegetables and have had two unsuccessful repairs (Sears reply is always that the extended warranty would have paid for the food - nothing about the fact that I shouldn't have to throw food out in the first place). The next scheduled visit for repair by a Master Technition is now two weeks away, after all Sears is too busy at this time of year to send someone out in a day or two. Meanwhile I continue to keep minimal amounts of food in the frig, and continue to monitor the temps with a store bought thermometer. The top frig fluctuates between 35 and 42 The crispers go from 29 to 40. Nothing stays at a constant temperature. I believe that someone needs to make this right. There are too many complaints about the same problems. There needs to be a recall and some sort of compensation for the losses. Sears has definitely lost my business.

• Jr
    jrstreifel Jan 22, 2011

We bought the same elite ( what a joke) trio. A friedn i work with has the same fridge also. His light stayed on a year ago melting the cover. He had to go through alot to get it fixed. Sears finnaly did come and fix it at no charge. The problem was a faulty circuit board that caused the light to stay on. If your doors to the the fridge are closed and the water dispenser works the problem is not the switches on the the doors. This last week the same thing happened to my trio. I spent three hours on the phone with various people giving me the run around. When I finally go tto the recall department they said that if my fridge was older they would fix it. My model number is not on their recall list and that there was nothing they would do about it. They told me to pay to get it fixed or buy a new fridge. 3 years at 2, 000 dollars and i'm supposed to do that. If it was night or we were'nt home our house might have burned down. I have turned in a complaint to BBB, and advise any one who reads this to do the same, even if you already had it fixed. It's a crime that they will replace at no charge for a fridge that is older.

• La
    laurenmomrn Jun 20, 2011

Aside from our light housing having burnt twice (we have been without lights for 3 years now)...Yesterday the control panel numbers on the fridge/freezer keep scrolling numbers up and down. The alarm cant be turned off, it just resets and beeps. To top if off, now the fridge AND the freezer aren't working. This happened once before and somehow reset itself about 4 weeks ago. Is it really worth fixing this lemon of a fridge? I think Sears should have recalled this unit years ago!

• Se
    Sean Brophy Jan 31, 2012

My sister in law and I each bought a Kenmore Elite Trio refrigerator back in 2006. Both items leak in the freezer and create an ice rink on the bottom of the freezer. The refrigerator constantly freezes everything. Tried to reset and nothing happens. Also I have an ice maker that I bought at the same time, and crapped out. Kenmore products are horrible. I will never buy another Kenmore product.