Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation [KSRTC] Logo

Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation [KSRTC]

Having problems with Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation [KSRTC]?

Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation [KSRTC] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 20, 2007. The latest review Conductors rude behivar was posted on Mar 18, 2021. The latest complaint Refund for cancelled ticket was resolved on Oct 29, 2014. Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation [KSRTC] has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 49 reviews. Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation [KSRTC] has resolved 16 complaints.

Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation [KSRTC] Customer Service Contacts

+91 804 959 6666 (Customer Service)
+91 776 099 0034 (Operational Issues (AWATAR Cell)
+91 776 099 0035 (Operational Issues (AWATAR Cell)
+91 761 876 5800 (Refunds for Online / Mobile Bookings)
+91 761 876 5900 (Refunds for Online / Mobile Bookings)
Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation, Central Office, K H Road, Shantinagar
Bangalore
India - 560027

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation [KSRTC] Customer Service. Initial Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation [KSRTC] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation [KSRTC] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation [KSRTC]. Discuss the issues you have had with Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation [KSRTC] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation [KSRTC] Complaints & Reviews

KSRTCComplaints regarding delay/early in operation of the schedule service from Sathyamangalam to Madurai on [protected] and [protected]

I am Kumaran Thayumanavan, working in a reputed institute in sathyamangalam and my native place is in Madurai. From November 2010 onwards, I am travelling in KSRTC RAJAHAMSA EXECUTIVE (Mysore to Madurai) frequently from Madurai to Sathyamangalam and vice versa (Kindly refer my booking history). I used to book ticket through online and rarely from KSRTC agents in madurai as well as in sathyamangalam. I haven’t faced any problem so for. But now there is a problem.

I reserved tickets through online from sathyamangalam to madurai on [protected] and [protected]. The scheduled departure time was 1.00 am. (Plz find the details below). Bus didn’t come in SPS petrol bunk (stopping point) on [protected] and also on 30–7–2011.

On [protected] i am waiting in SPS petrol bunk from 12.30 AM to 3.00 AM but the bus didn’t come there. I haven’t reported this issue. I find alternate ways to reach madurai.

On [protected] I reserved another ticket through online from sathyamangalam to madurai but this time also bus didn’t come. This time i spent around 2 hrs sps petrol bunk form 12.00 am to 2.00 am. I contacted all the customer care number specified in the ticket. (plz refer the ticket) but there is no response. Then I returned back to home in sathyamangalam.

This is a second incident in a month and I personally feel that the driver or conductor not following the standards.

So, I request u to take necessary action and kindly ensure that bus will stop as per the schedule time in sps petrol bank in future and kindly refund my amount (Rs 183+Rs 183) Rs. 366 for 13th and [protected]. On 13th july 2011 i came before 30 min of the scheduled time of 1.00 am and I spent around 3 hr in the bus stop and on 30th July 2011 I came 1 hour before the scheduled time. It was a service error. So kindly take action regarding the same.

Note: sir, there is a possibility of misusing my tickets by both the conductor and driver. So kindly take action regarding the same. I need explanation regarding the same.

The details of the tickets o13-7-2011 and [protected] are as follows.

PNR No.:
Service End Place :
MADURAI
Service End Point :
No. of Seats :
1 (Adults=1 ; Children=0 )
Seat No/s :

Service End Place :
MADURAI
Service End Point :
No. of Seats :
1 (Adults=1 ; Children=0 )
Seat No/s :
Concessions :
Discounts :
Total Fare :
Rs. 183.00

Sir, kindly take action and refund my amout as early as possible

KSRTCIrresponsibility of Conductor for Not Stopping in Pick Up Point

I had booked a ticket for my mother in KSRTC - Rajahamsa Executive bus (Trip Code 2144BNGJMK) for 31st July, 2011 and specified pick up point as Navarang Park. However when the bus came and I was holding the bag and ticket and was waiting it to stop, the bus didn't stop at all at Navarang and nobody responded to the number mentioned in the ticket - [protected]. I then enquired at KSRTC ticket counter, Navarang and when that guy called, the conductor told the bus was just after Navarang signal and waiting. I, for the safer side, took the car and the bus was waiting after 3km from the pick up point! Luckily I had car so I could drop. If any lady is alone how she can go? City buses don't ply there and it is not safe to take auto at 10 30 PM. The conductor is highly irresponsible and he didn't even apologize for not stopping. Now it also loss for the KSRTC because now I don't feel like traveling in it. I am a regular commuter from last 5 years. Please ensure such incidents do not repeat in future and KSRTC has to apologize for the same. PNR No was J24794595

• Gu
        guru gowda Nov 20, 2012

10th Nov 2012 - 10.45 PM-Bangalore to Gangavathi. Due to availability of seats, two passengers boarded this bus. But they were forced to alight in Rajajinagar.
        18th Nov 2012 - 10.45 PM-Hospet to Bangalore. Though there was a seat available, the conductor did not allow the passenger to get into the bus.
        Both the above buses were Volvo buses.

KSRTCOnline Transaction not Refunded

On 01/06/2011, 4 of my KSRTC transaction got failed. Following are the OB Ref no:
      This is for sector Coimbatore - Bangalore.
      OB3873542 Rs. 308
      OB3873685 Rs. 308
      OB3873775 Rs. 308
      OB3873882 Rs. 308
      I have received refund for 2 of these. kindly look into the rest failed transaction.

On 22/06/11,
      Another transaction got failed for sector Bangalore-Agumbe for RS. 1227 which also has not been refunded.
      OB3990890

On 23/06/11,
      Another Bangalore to Agumbe booking got failed for Rs. 409. I haven't received the refund for that too.
      OB3996417
      OB3996477

Kindly process the pending refunds please.

KSRTC Bus ServiceQuality of the Volvo Bus

KSRTC (Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation) is generally known for prompt service and the quality of their buses. But unfortunately, I boarded a Volvo bus on 23rd June 2011 which was terrible (from Bangalore to Bellary). Other than "Volvo" written on its back, nothing about the bus was Volvo. The Volvo and Mercedes Benz buses which ply on other routes like Bangalore-Mumbai and Bangalore-Chennai are very good, but on the contrary, buses to Bellary are not well maintained. But the fare is equally proportional.

So, how good is this??? We pay a premium (Rs. 502 for just 313 Km distance) for the so called luxury service but end up being disappointed always. KSRTC needs to act swiftly on this.

Regards,
        Raghuram Marur
        PNR#J24205120

KSRTCmoney refund

sir,
          This is sivasankari from madurai.I have made e-mail booking on may 6th 2011, for may 7th Rajahamsa executive, bus timing 21.45 from madurai to bangalore through my VISA Debit card (HDFC) Card no:[protected], account no: [protected]. but unfortunately my booking got failed and my amount of RS.1376 got debited from my account. Kindly refund my amount that has been debited from my account as early as possible.
          Thanking you,

Withregards,
          Sivasankari.
          +91-[protected]

anoopvjn3 Jun 10, 2011

hi sivasankari,
              Have you received your money back?
              I am also facing same problem from KSRTC. No one is picking the phone when i called the mentioned no. Also no response to emails.
              Now the email id is also blocked.
              Let me know how to contact them if you have any clue. ([email protected])

KSRTC — Denial of Seats against Reserved-Confirmed Tickets regarding

I T.S. SIVASANKAR booked a ticket in KSRTC – Rajahamsa class service From Bengaluru to Madurai on date...

Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation — Cancelation of E-Ticket/Reservation Voucher

PNR Mo.J19896487 Date of Journey:05/11/2010 Ticket Booked in the Name of : Krishna Patole No of Seat...

KSRTCMistake and Cruelness of Conductor and Driver

Dear Sir, (To whoever it concerns)

This is an unexpected incident that happened to me while travelling from Bangalore to Hyderabad on July-4-2010.
            Bus Timing: Departure: 8:40 P.M. - Arrival time: 8:00 A.M (next day)
            Bus Number: KA-40 F - 352. (RAJA HAMSA)
            Bus Seat Number:32
            I reached Bangalore Majestic Bus-stand at 8:38 pm as there was heavy traffic on the way towards majestic bus stand. I stood in front of the bus and started waiting for the conductor. I gave the ticket to the conductor as my ticket was already booked in advance, he said me that he will mark the ticket and will give me back. I requested him to give back the ticket saying him that you can collect the same from me after I am seated in the bus. He said he will mark and give me back and went inside the bus to mark it. I was waiting at the same point .i.e outside (front of the bus) where I gave him(conductor) the ticket so that conductor could return back the ticket in the same point of place. After a while, I saw the driver and told him that conductor has took the ticket from me. he told me that conductor is inside the bus and asked me to collect the ticket from him. I went inside the bus to get the ticket and demanded my ticket back from the conductor. To my surprise conductor is telling me that he has gave my ticket back but he has not given the ticket back at all. I am very sure he has not given me the ticket. he humiliated me a lot in front of other passengers. That was not enough from him, I repeatedly asked him that you have not given me the ticket but still both driver and conductor started fighting with me. They said they cannot allow me to go in the bus without ticket. Conductor agreed that he has taken ticket from me. but he said that he cannot allow me to go in the bus without ticket. He took me to senior inspector I explained all the things to Senior inspector about it but for my fate Even he said the same that they cannot allow me to go in the bus without showing ticket. Could anybody explain me how will show the ticket which is not given back to me?. I told the Senior Inspector to check the name of the passenger in the trip sheet and match it with my ID card (PAN Card). But he was not convinced at any point.

I am working professional, I have a very important meeting to attend next day in the office. I cannot afford to miss this bus as all others bus are
            full and there was a strike next day. I was forced to pay the ticket for the paid ticket for the same seat once again. JUST REQUESTING THE AUTHORITIES TO TAKE ACTION AGAINST SUCH CARELESS CONDUCTORS. Requesting all my Friends to be cautious while traveling in the KSRTC bus as you could face the same problem like me.

• Ra
                raufeed Oct 12, 2015

ka-19-f-1416 number ksrtc bus conductor rudely behaved and scolded and used unwanted language came to hit to me that bus puttur to kasargod time-aproximate 12.45 just for there is mistake happend in ticket and changes

• Sm
                smart kahn b Jun 09, 2011

dear sir,
                i am hidyath khan from shivamogga i like to register a complaint against a driver bus no ka 31 F 1103 dandeli to bengaluru coming shivamogga night at 12 - 30 am, on 8th june when i am going to on my way on foot path that bus came on footpath very speedly and passes my good time i had saw that bus coming to footpath and jemped in gutar . after that i had fallowed it and captured in bus stop and asked that driver to about that he said me why are you asking me it bus did not hitted you and he get angry with me, so please tell me sir what can i do can i wait to hit that bus to me and then after i shal go to complaint is it possible ? so please take action against him otherwise i will take that when he returning next. i d'nt know his name and that staff in shivamogga station they also dd'nt liked to say that but i d'nt need his name i know his face very well, i want feed back what happened against him otherwise i will some thing for him

thanking you

Ksrtc Volvo A/c Bus Service From Tirupati To BangaloreMisbehaving of bus driver with passenger

subject-- Misbehaving of volvo airavat bus driver with passenger

we traveled from tirupati to bangalore on date 28/5/2010 by bus no KA-01F8036, BUS NAME - AIRAVAT (VOLVO A/C), TICKET NO [protected] PNR NO. J18040713, BUST START TIME FROM TIRUPATI 22.15 during traveling IN NIGHT TIME bus tyre get punctured in between traveling, after that bus driver was started misbehaving with passenger and loudly giving instruction to vacate bus and go by normal crowed bus
              1. KSRTC did not provide good alternative of safe and comfort traveling in case of break down of travelling vehecle, especially when the people travels with family and childrens in night time
              THEIR STAFF 'S ( BUS DRIVER & CONDUCTOR) BEHAVIOR WITH PASSENGER IS VERY ROUGH WHEN PASSENGER ASK QUESTION HOW TO TRAVEL BALANCE DISTANCE WITH FAMILY IN NIGHT TIME IN CROWED BUS THEY STARTED TO USE VULGER WORDS WITH TELLING THEY DONOT KNOW HOW YOU GO
              DRIVER'S NAME came to know from some passenger Mr. Govind Raju --he is very blunt and irriteted man, his behave with passenger was very bad, even they are not ready to liseten our words.
              2 Mr. Govind raju told, you can complain to any body he is least bother
              i tried to contact PRO of KSRTC BANGALORE OVER PHONE BUT NO BODY PICKED THE PHONE

KSRTCNo A/C in Airavath - Volvo

This is about KSRTC Volvo bus service between Bangalore to Puttaparthi & return. I think it is one of the worst service provided by the state owned KSTRC. Irregular timings, rash driving, misbehaving staff, degraded bus quality.

It is called as Airavath - Volvo. The above trip has been the worst I've ever been thru. Volvo buses are said to have the best Air-conditioning facilities, but in this bus KA-01-F-8254 there was no cooling at all. I had booked seat No.1 & 2, just behind the driver's seat. It was because the driver had left his window open all throughout the journey. When I requested him to close the window, he bluntly refused. It shows the arrogancy of the driver.

Please avoid the service in this route. Its better to travel by some private bus service. Atleast they rightly charge you for the kind of service provided. AVOID AVOID AVOID...

I am requesting the KSRTC Management to take necessary action on concern Bus driver. Expecting justice from your end.

I'm posting photos of the driver/bus No & the photo wherein the window is seen open.

Service Start Place: Puttaparthi
                Service End Place: Bangalore
                Total Fare: 514/-

No A/C in Airavath - Volvo

Ksrtc Online Reservationcancellation and refund

Hi am jisha merin thomas who booked an online tkt from bangalore to kerala for 24feb10 on 23feb10 2:59pm.same was unable to cancel since login id and password was not acceptible.
                  rgds
                  jisha

• Ka
                      kashyapa.j.h. Jul 05, 2011

Money not Refund
                      I tried to book a e-ticket on 03-06-2011from RAICHUR to DAVANAGERE thro' KSRTC's website using mySBI Internet banking facility.

The amount Rs.760was deducted, from the SBI account, but the ticket couldnot be booked and the "transaction Failed" message was displayed.Even...TICKET NO: ot56241575394

• Su
                      Sujith Bhakthan Feb 24, 2010

you can cancel the ticket by going to any ticket reservation counter in ksrtc bus stations.

visit ksrtcblog.com for more details.

KSRTCBed Bug Problem in KSRTC VOLVO BUSES

Had a nasty experience in KSRTC Palakkad to Bangalore Volvo bus on 25/12/2009 just last night. Suffered some nasty bites from bed bugs. Inspite of many media reports nothing has been done to stop this menace. First of all KSRTC charges exorbitant ticket rates and they give bed bug bites. Don give some crappy blankets which are not washed at all. Even many passengers have complained about this menace. NASTY KSRTC...

AIRAVAT KSRTCService Cancelled

E-Ticket & Service was cancelled

PNR Number :J14890894

Money was not refunded for the above.

• Mo
                          Mohamed Ameen 66 Jan 07, 2016

I booked a ticket from Bangalore to calicut 7/1/2016...they deducted the amount from my account n well I didn't note down the pnr no n I didn't got any confirmation message it now n my mail id is [email protected] please solve this problem soon as possible

saanya Oct 18, 2013

Oct 18th 2013 children aged 14yrs and 10yrs were travelling from b"more to m"more with an e-ticket ...they did not have Id proof except school Id which they had not taken along with them but we sent the school Id image on the phone which they didn't accept...my question is when kids are travelling...why is it so strict?? And we had to pay a fine of 1200...we also told them we will show the Id proof when we reach the destination...but they did not accept it...please see to it that the money could be refunded...we always travel in ksrtc and we never had a problem like, this before...PNR no: J38891781...trip code: 1004BNGMNG

• Ba
                          BASAVA Sep 26, 2013

Dear Sir, my email ID [email protected], cannot open in ur KSRTC Login please help me, my password is Qse4Fgxv

mary sophia Aug 24, 2012

i booked a online ticket from Coimbatore to Bangalore for 24/8/2012 PNR number J31836500
                          i got a call from a ksrtc online service and said that the bus is brake down and they have told me that i will get full
                          amount on cancellation.

• Ju
                          junaid jang Mar 14, 2012

i book one ticket from Bangalore to Goa ob no. is OB5689864 date 14.03.2012
                          amount is deducted from my account but i didnt get the confermation of ticket
                          the amount is rs.575 .
                          please refund it
                          junaid jang ...

KSRTC Airavath VolvoBad experiences on KSRTC Airavath Volvo service

I am a frequent traveller on the Bangalore-Panjim(Goa) route, travelling almost every week-end, and have been using KSRTC's Airavath Volvo service of late.

The trip from Panjim to Bangalore (6:00 pm departure) is good, with the bus reaching Bangalore on time almost always. However, both trips going from Bangalore to Panjim (6:00 pm & 7:30 pm) mostly reach late. Also, the video is more of a nuisance than entertainment (most passengers using the Volvo service either carry their own iPods, laptops, etc, or just want to travel in peace and quiet - a survey conducted on these trips will prove that this is true indeed). The reason why I'm writing this however, is because of the harrowing experience I had during the last two consecutive trips from Bangalore to Panjim.

On 28th Aug '09, the Bangalore to Panjim (6:00 pm departure) Volvo bus had a break down and stopped at about 1:00 am, a little before Hubli. The replacement bus came to the spot at about 3:30 am, and the bus reached Panjim at 11:45 am. A delay of 4 hrs. 45 mins., considering that a Volvo should need a maximum 13 hrs. for this trip - Note that the Panjim-Bangalore (6:00 pm departure) Volvo takes only 12 hrs. 35 mins. for the trip.

On 4th Sep '09 however, it was quite a nightmare. the Bangalore to Panjim (6:00 pm departure) bus once again had a break down and stopped at about 9:45 pm, a little after Tumkur. For sometime the drivers seemed not able to get through to anyone to send a replacement bus. After a couple of hours they gave the passengers vague information saying a mechanic was on the way, and that the replacement bus itself had a breakdown on the way. Finally, after claims that 2 replacement buses had breakdowns and a third Volvo was being sent, a bus arrived on the spot at 5:30 am! I had been stranded on the highway along with other passengers for 8 hours! And this bus reached Panjim only at 7:00 pm. A full 12 hrs late! Another matter of concern here is that the drivers had to immediately start on the way back, as this bus was to depart from Panjim at 7:00 pm, so the drivers did not have any rest!

The problem is, KSRTC's Volvo's on this route are aged, and they have to be replaced. In fact, on much shorter routes like Bangalore-Mysore, KSRTC plies many new Volvo's. It is all the more important to ply new buses on long routes like Bangalore-Panjim. I am sure KSRTC will not want to inconvenience passengers and generate bad publicity on valuable routes like this, which generate a lot of business.

KSRTC Airavat VolvoBangalore to Tirupati Airavat Volvo

We had booked a KSRTC Airavath Volvo bus from Bangalore to Tirpathi (4 tickets) on 14.08.2009 (PNR J14225549 and TRIPCODE 2145BNGSHK). The bus time was 10pm. We waited till 1am with my partialy diabled father but the bus did not come and noone did respond when we called in the number [protected]. Our pickup point was at K R Puram Ganesh Temple and till our long wait of 4 hrs only one KSRTC Airavat Volvo came and that too it did not stop at the above pickup point.
                          This is really starnge and irresponsible bevaiour. I want my refund back.
                          Contact:Arijit Mukherjee, Mobile: [protected]

• Pr
                              Pramod2009 Aug 27, 2009

KSRTC is really messing up. I booked a ticket in March to Hyderabad and on date of journey, I could not take the print out of the ticket as the server was down that day. When I reached the bus stop, the conductor asked me to pay again for the same ticket and claim the refund for what I paid on net. But it did not work as the ticket details were removed from the profile and was not able to cancel it. I wrote to the customer care and till now there is no response. Real pathetic service. Hope someone hears these complaints and take action. I stopped travelling by KSRTC after that. I either travel by APSRTC or by Train.

Karnataka State Road Transport CorporationRefund of e-ticket booking

I had booked Tickets to Bangalore from Mangalore on 07.06.09 for travel on 08.06.09 by night bus. The ticket reference is OB 1138550 & user ID Ravindra_Hegde. The transaction never got processed & I did not receive any E Ticket. Further Under cancellation for advance ticket there was no ticket available but by Bank account was debited by the ticket amount.

I have already sent a remainder to them only to fall on deaf ears, there seems to be a well organised racket within KSRTC which is swindling people of their booking money via e tickets. The officials do not respond when followed up for refund.

Can anyone help me in claiming my money back

K P Ravindra Hegde

KSRTCRefund amount

Hi,

I booked a ticket to Mr Sharath for 26th june from Chennai to Bangalore (10.25PM RajaHamsa seat number 22) on 23.06.09. The amount got deducted and ticket was not booked. I again had to book tickets. So kindly refund 259/- at the earliest. Details are as follows

TRANSACTION ID : IIN/KSRTC Centr/[protected]/0

ICICI BANK

ACCOUNT NUMBER: [protected]

DATE OF BOOKING: 23/06/09

• Te
                                  test.gagarin Mar 08, 2011

You can try calling this phone number, I just called and there was some response [protected].

• Se
                                  sendhil Aug 09, 2010

Recently I have booked the ticket from hyd - bangalore through kstrc online bookings. But ticket was not booked and amount was debited from my credit card account. Kindly help me in this regard, to whom we should approach.

• Kr
                                  krishdev Apr 21, 2010

did anyone here got the refund

• Ku
                                  kumarkwadappi Mar 20, 2010

Dear sir/madem,

I have booked one ticket from BELLARY to BANGALORE for return ticket on [protected] from state bank of india saving accounts, But in my account amout is debited 664.00rs but i am not received booked ticket automatically it's the website is closed.I checked in ksrtc ticket booked history in that it will showing failed ticket booked.Pls check this issue & credit in my account 664.00rs what amount will debited in SBI account or pls book a ticket from BELLARY to BANGALORE for return ticket on [protected] .In that time i am not able to seen PNR number also kindly resolve this issue ASAP.

Ticket booked history below.

Passenger Information

Ticked booked name:- Sanjay kumar wadappi
                                  ID proof :- PAN card ( BCBPS0029k)
                                  State bank reference no:- OB1948225IG18812120

• Ji
                                  jithinksrtc Mar 02, 2010

Hi,

I tried to book 1 ticket in KSRTC on 29.01.10. But it got failed and
                                  amount has been debited from my account. Pls check to it and refund it
                                  soon.
                                  Provide the details below.

Details:
                                  OB reference No : OB1801870
                                  Transaction date: 29.01.10

attaching the bank statement also

DO the needful to get back the money back

Sanjith R shetty Jan 14, 2010

Hello Sir/Mam,

Two way jouney e-ticket reservation was bokked through credit card and was cancelled on 2/01/2010 with onnward trip on 2/01/2010 and return trip on 8/01/2010(mangalore to bangalore). After cancellation even after 7 working days no money has been refunded back to the credit card. Kindly look into the below information provided for the same and refund as quickly as possible.

USER ID : go-shetsanj
                                  OB reference no. of the transaction : OB1720267
                                  Onward trip PNR : J16066655
                                  Return trip PNR : J16066654

[In respect of refunds due to cancellation of service by KSRTC, passenger is required to send e-mail to [email protected] mentioning USERID of the passenger, OB reference no. of the transaction and PNR No. of the ticket. Officials at Traffic-AWATAR Administration will verify the details and recommend refund of fare to Accounts Department, who in turn will refund the amount to the concerned Credit card/Internet banking account.]

Thanks & Rgds,
                                  Sanjith R Shetty
                                  email id : [email protected]

• Ra
                                  ravindra reddy Dec 30, 2009

sir iam ravindra sir iam booking in ticket for shimoga to hyd at 29/12/2009 but that bus is canclled iam booking in my ticket in my debit card.plz return my money include in my card...my ticket pnr:j16005126

• Pa
                                  pad Aug 06, 2009

Did you recieve your amount back or did you get any reply.

Please reply.

KSRTC / Online Booking — Money debited twice from my account

I too had the same experience :( I booked bus tickets to and fro Chennai/Bangalore on 20th June in KSRTC...

KSRTCPoor reservation & cancellation!

KSRTC (Karnataka) is minting money, unlike any other transport companies across the country. Their bus charges are very high. For a distance of 380 KM, the neighboring state RTC (APSRTC) charges around Rs 210, while KSRTC charges Rs 250 for the same distance. It seems KSRTC is making multiple crores of rupess by increasing bus fare by 10 per every 100 as insurance charges while the claims for the same by the customers are quite rare. And even BMTC fares in Bangalore are very high.

And coming back to the actual complaint, the reservation cancellation system is very shady. We had made one reservation for traveling at night 11 PM on sunday (09/03). As we had to go to a different location suddenly, we went for cancellation at 5 PM on sunday. But the reservation counter declined to cancel the ticket as the bus starting point is different, and it starts by 4 PM itself so the ticket can't be canceled. This is ridiculous. How should the passenger know the starting point of the bus? He is most interested when he can board the bus. And there are no proper details about the cancellation timelines wrt the departure any ware - not even behind the ticket. Unnecessarily we need to forego the ticket, losing close to Rs 400.00. There are many such cases, one more of minting money.

And the reservation charges are also high - Rs 15 per head, it is very exorbitant. Hope KSRTC comes down from the money-greeding-stance to make public transport better and affordable.

Thanks!

• Mo
                                    Moons Jan 14, 2011

Its given in the site that 25% of basic fare is charged on cancellation till before 2hours of departure. My ticket basic fare was 582 and total amount was 636. The amount refunded is 464, which is more than 25%.

• Su
                                    Sunil M Jun 15, 2009

I totally disagree with Praveen. I am a regular Airavat passenger. Till now I have not faced any issues with the reservation system nor with the bus employees.

The order given to the conductors regarding the online ticket is to cross check the id card number written on the e-ticket with the id card, which simply validates the ticket.

Now, as the ticket produced by Praveen didn't have the id card number, the conductor rejected the ticket, as there is no proof that the print out is a valid reservation. If some one comes for inspection, the conductor may loose his job as well. For Praveen, its just a matter of Rs. 300-600, but for the conductor, its his life. He did'nt want to risk his life, its as simple as that!

People, think of others as well, not only about you, your money, your time.

• Pr
                                    Praveen May 27, 2008

I guess the problem is not with the corporation but the people employed there...This week i was travelling to palghat by KSRTC Airavat...I booked a ticket online and the Selected the DL as my id proof. The DL number was not mandatory in the system and i did not put the number...When i tried to board the bus...this ign0rant conductor who didnt understand what the mandatory fields did not accept my ticket stating he needed the DL number on it...First i tried arguining which made this guy even more stubborn...then had to give up and ask sorry for no mistake of myne...for which the conductory asked to write the DL number on it using my pen(very good way of preventing fraud, thats what he things)...once i wrote it he didnt even bother to check the number and asked me to get in...i guess he was trying to make money on the extra seat or trying to sleep...thats how the attitude of these conductors are who think they are the rulers...and dont understand public is paying their salaries

KSRTC — Money deducted from my account for failed booking!

This is not the first time such an instance happening. on the 1st of september, i tried booking 2 ticket...