Kaplan Universityover charge & financial advisors do not respond

Hello,
My name is Jannie Turner, I am writing to see if some one can help me. I earned my Associates Degree at Kaplan University. The problem they where paid completely from two private loan I received from citibank. I started school 7-5-07 and by may 08, I had a balance owed of 10, 000 and some change The first loan I received was for 11, 000 to cover my balance in full. Then also in May 08, I took out a loan for 18, 000 to cover the cost tuition from may 14, 08, until June 2, 09 which is my completion date. after completion I had a credit of $5, 000. and some change. I was sent a check for $2, 500 and than check for $780, now Kaplan say I owe them $800 for January, $800 February and $800 for March. I had a discount also because I am military under chapter 35. They are holding my degree and transcript until money is paid. I do not owe this money but I am giving them 500 a month just to have my degree in my hand and that won't be until march of 2010. Please what can I do.

• La
    LauraRockey Dec 02, 2009

I just stated my first year at Kaplan univeristyOct 14, 2009.
    I cannot get ahold of my Academic advisor when I need her; she doesn't return any of my call's within the 48 hour times period like she is suppose to or any of my e-mails.
    She has contacted me twice to ask me, how thing's were going & if I had any questions.
    (By the time she calls me back; I can't remeber what I was going to ask her in the first place).

My financial Aid officer hasn't contacted me back either in 3 weeks.
    I asked for her to be removed from my case and they still have not removed her.
    I need help and I cannot get any help.
    I am angry that I'm being blowed-off after all the money they are getting each term.
    We bring Kaplan in $3600.00 every 10 weeks and we can not talk to the people are are suppose to be assigned to our case??

The, I google Kaplan University complaints and I just about fell out of my chair.
    This is what I am going through, right now!!
    I think I am leaving this school in June 2010 because they do not care about their students.

• Je
    JessicaLb Jan 16, 2010

Hey go to

Lets get together and fight this! !

KaplanUniversityrippedmeoff.webs.com