Menu

JustAnswer  -  Online scam

Author of the complaint
9:40 pm
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

JustAnswer says that they provide experts all over there site. They even claim on there site that 'Distinct from other answer sites on the web, our Experts are actually doctors, auto mechanics, veterinarians, CPAs, teachers, computer Experts, etc.'

This is an out and out lie to deceive people into paying money for questionable advice. JustAnswer does not ever certify that a so-called 'Expert' has any training in ANYTHING. There terms of service states,

'No Assurances Given From and No Reliance on Term 'Expert' Throughout this Site, certain terms, including 'Expert', 'Specialist', 'Consultant' or 'Advisor' may be used to refer to someone who claims to have certain knowledge, background or experience that may be useful in responding to a question posed by a user. Use of such terms provides no assurance that the person answering your question has any expertise or qualifications to give such advice. You acknowledge that JustAnswer has not and cannot independently verify their qualifications. If you do not like any answer for any reason, your sole remedy is to disregard the answer and not pay for it. Notwithstanding the foregoing, JustAnswer reserves the right, but is not obligated, to remove any content that it believes violates any of these Terms, including, without limitation, any objectionable or personally identifiable information.'

They hide this in the middle of about 5 pages of legal ease. But all over their site they claim that 'their experts' can answer your questions, even stating, 'our Experts are actually doctors, auto mechanics, veterinarians, CPAs.'

More than likely that MD who is answering your question about your childs sickness, or CPA about your sensitive tax info, is an out of work cab driver from Yonkers, sitting in his underwear at 3am, 'googling' some so-called 'expert' answers.

JustAnswer.com doesn't have ANY oversight of their 'Experts' yet makes people believe than they do. Shame on them. Don't give them any of your hard earned money.

Andy Kurtzig, their founder and CEO is a scammer for perpetrating this deception and other posts all over the internet confirm this.

More JustAnswer complaints & reviews

JustAnswer - No way to cancel
JustAnswer - Fraud
JustAnswer - Refund
JustAnswer - Scam / noanswer want deposit back
JustAnswer - Unauthorized billing
JustAnswer - unauthorised payment
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
JustAnswer - stealing and fraudulent use of my own private credit card.
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
JustAnswer - charges to my account
238 comments
E
Jun 19, 2022 2:05 pm

I signed up for the monthly service for $46 on May 2nd and less than 2 weeks later they canceled my membership claiming that was service rendered even though it had not been a month. They advertise ask any question anytime but secretly the limited to 16 questions Max and will cancel and ban you from their website otherwise. I disputed the issue on the better Business bureau since the emailing them directly was getting nowhere and they said on the BBB they would give me back my two weeks of service that was paid for but that was never done and now 6 weeks later they're charging my card again without any authorization and it's clearly not on a monthly schedule by an error since it's been 6 weeks and I have the emails for cancellation as proof and we'll be going through my credit card company. Shame on this scamming company.

View 0 more photos
R
Jan 24, 2022 3:32 am

Just an Answer pro: Beware it is fraud!

Beware! A Scam and a very successful scam. Charged a simple fee for one question, and then 3x34.00 euros deducted from my N26 account and now have had to spend 65.00 euros replacing the card so that this does not happen in the future. The whole thing is a deceitful scam. Don't bother reaching out to me... Just refund my 3x34 euros. Posted to Trust Pilot (France).

Date de l'expérience: 23 janvier 2022

N
Dec 29, 2021 3:46 pm

I have been an expert on Just Answer for over 13 years.

Here is the truth about Just Answer.
1. They always grant refunds, if you simply click the refund link and ask for a refund. If you verbally harass the experts trying to help you and the customer service reps trying to grant your refund, and IGNORE the simple refund request link that I send you. You will not get a refund.
2. Many of the customers that come to Just Answer are there to scam the system. You KNOW you cannot get free help from real doctors, lawyers or Mechanics in person. But with Just Answer, people ask for help, know it costs money UP FRONT, then after a sometimes several hour long conversation, AFTER your question has been answered in detail. You THEN ask for a refund, and the company gives it to you every time.
In 13 years time, I have lost over 15% of my pay to refunds that occur sometimes YEARS after the fact. I literally have a refund come out of my pay from a client I helped 3 years prior.
Its not Just Answer that Scams YOU, its you the customer who more often then not Scam us experts by asking for help on a CLEARLY LABELED PAID HELP SITE, and then you only ask for a refund and start complaining about paying AFTER we help you.

Because if you asked for a REFUND before we started helping you, you wouldn't have gotten free help.

My time and expertise is not refundable. And all you people who are complaining about having to pay 1$ or 5$ for the trial membership and the complaining you were charged 40$ later on.

PLEASE go into any Mechanic shop, Laywer's Office, or computer repair shop. And then when you pay 100$ to 300$ for service, then come back and complain about the 5$ payment you paid at Just Answer, and then ultimately got refunded AFTER you received service.

And that is the True scam at Just Answer, the 20% of customers who constantly scam us out of our time and expertise, and only ask for refunds AFTER they received help.

I can understand completely the people who "think" they have reached a free help site, and then after they enter their credit card ( How on earth can you possibly claim you didn't know you were about to pay for help when you are asked for your Payment information?)
But realizing your made a mistake, you immediately ask for a refund. I have no issue with that. By all means, you deserve a refund.

But there will always be those people who go to a restaurant, sit down, order a meal, and then incessantly complain AFTER they eat the meal because they KNOW the manager will probably give them a refund.

Seriously. Don't be an online Karen. If you want a refund, ask for it BEFORE you have a three hour conversation.

And if you are complaining about paying anything under 50$ to talk to real, lifelong career professionals any time 24/7. Then you must be one of those same people who go out to eat and then leave a 1$ tip.

My 20 years of expertise and knowledge were not gained so that I could give away my time and expertise for free.
How about you go work for free, at whatever Job you do, and then you will have the right to complain about paying for help and assistance.

;)

K
Jan 18, 2022 9:52 pm

Might want to research the company you work with/for/as...there is NO HIDING from this court document!

Sep 07, 2021 2:58 pm

they get your credit card for $5.00, and you have joined whether you know in or not. I went to one lawyer they recommended, they did not have time for my case. I feel their business practice is a scam. did not know I had to cancel am out $240 and have nothing to show for it

Oct 29, 2020 2:54 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

If you don't use or need Just Answers services, after the 7 day trial, then you should not legally have to pay for them, even if you were unable to call their number to cancel within 7 days. In my case I was fighting for my life and had to leave to stay alive. They don't hear any case by case basis for granting refunds. They simply don't care about people. It's all about scamming you out of money.
If a policy is not customer friendly, safe or good for the customer then it should be amended or dropped. After all we customers are paying for them to be alive, food, housing, clothing. Customers are suppose to come first and they don't with Just Answer. The refund policies prove they don't care and are only out for financial profit for themselves, even if it is unfair to the customer. Bad business. I feel ripped off of my money for nothing. Why would I want to pay them, who have given me a hard time?
I wouldn't. I want a refund. Plain and simple. Rip off artists. Don't invest. Just Answer is a scam.

Oct 29, 2020 3:57 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I prayed and God answered. After reading the other members comments I called Just Answer back and told them that they do and have refunded customers fees. After giving them my free legal advise they decided to give me a refund. Glad they "just answered".

V
Nov 30, 2018 6:11 pm

Just Answer - this site is a fraud. Be very careful when you give your credit card details, they will double charge and mark it as 'recurring' expense and bill you till the card is replaced. Customer care is useless as they give a standard answer that one should be careful before signing up. Be very cautious, do not part with your credit details at this site, you'll regret.

VK.

E
Apr 09, 2018 7:51 am

I have been a certified Auto mechanic for over 35 years. I am an expert on Just Answer. No one can google accurate answers and be successful at satisfying customers without a lot of experience, knowledge and access to factory technical information. My name is Eric Remington I am an verified expert on the site. Before they verified me, they got all my background information from me, they called me and wanted to know about my college degree in auto technology info, my ASE certification license information and the owner of the shop(contact info) who I sold my auto repair business and prior to that, my employer info.
I have seen other experts who work alongside me and I can assure you they are real experts who provide real answers. So disregard the presumptuous naysayers...

Liar

Mar 01, 2018 11:55 pm

Complete scam, offers an answer for $5.00 then charges a total of $40.00 stating the $5.00 is just for posting the question without an answer! I did call and was refunded every penny of my money but just hope nobody else falls for this scam. also the tech was great but couldn't resolve my problem without physically seeing my clock. nice guy but not worth $40.00 to chat with without a direct answer!

Oct 29, 2020 3:03 pm
Replying to comment of dalgozy

Who did you talk to, what name and number?

Sep 01, 2021 11:43 am
Replying to comment of dalgozy

they took me for over $200.00.

Dec 19, 2017 5:56 pm

2 times i paid for auto advice and got nothing. I request a phone call once and they call with a web address. jim cerda [protected]/

K
Dec 18, 2017 5:41 am

Billy's / Greg Kelsey's stat padding Questions and shill Answers himself Category

Hi Billy, I inspected a large multi-family and retail store Greg Kelsey $15 Positive Rating Received 12/18/2012 6:18 PM

Hi Billy, I hope you're having a good Christmas week! Today Greg Kelsey $15 Positive Rating Received 12/29/2012 12:41 PM
Locked by Customer Service

Greg Kelsey $15 Closed by Moderator 12/19/2012 6:41 PM
Hi Billy, yesterday afternoon I inspected a home that had an Greg Kelsey $15 Timed Out 12/19/2012 3:58 AM.

Hi Billy, I hope this finds you well. Today I inspected a one-year-old, ..Greg Kelsey $15 Positive Rating Received 12/17/2012 4:16 PM .

Good morning Billy, Yesterday I inspected a home that had a Greg Kelsey $15 Positive Rating Received 12/16/2012 8:41 AM .

Good morning Billy, yesterday I inspected a direct vented concentric Greg Kelsey $15 Positive Rating Received 12/15/2012 4:40 AM .

Greg Kelsey $15 Closed by Moderator 12/14/2012 4:08 PM .

Hi Billy, Inner City Products gas warm air furnace S/N L940118287; Greg Kelsey $15 Positive Rating Received 12/13/2012 3:18 PM.

Hi Billy, today I inspected an electric water heater manufactured Greg Kelsey $15 Positive Rating Received 12/12/2012 3:33 PM.

Hi Billy, today I inspected a home that has a natural gas direct Greg Kelsey $15 Positive Rating Received 12/8/2012 4:40 PM .

Hi Billy, today I inspected and Energy Kinetics System 2000 Greg Kelsey $15 Positive Rating Received 12/7/2012 5:04 PM .

Hi Billy, I meant to ask the ages of Fijitsu A/C systems S/N Greg K

JACUSTOMER-fweorbzg is a fake, he has his picture in his question, he was made an expert yet never participated, he comes on only to be obstinate, I predicted what would happen after a $30 toyotomi question posted at 505pm was ignored and a 540 pm toyotomi question was instantly answerd and done in 6 minutes and only $9 value, and the $30 toyotomi question remained unanswered! why would billy ignore a $30 yet jump on a $9, and how rare 2 toyotomi questions in 1 hour unheard of, never happens, I recognized it as being a fake as the day before Billy and alter ego Greg were going on about Toyotomi's and Bily said you sure find the weird ones!

Billy didnt anticipate my reading his posts so the toyotomi question was a red flag
when a $30 questionposted at 505pm was ignored and $9 toyotomi question posted at 540pm was answered and done in 6 minutes! and to top it off billy continues ignoring the #30 Toyotomi question, I finally saw I could prove this to the admi and predicted what would happen if I bit this bait and it happenedd yet nobody cared too even look at what happened!

Sent to HVAC Experts 1/27/2013 at 5:05 PM Value:$30.40
Toyotomi OM22 unit shutting down with error code

Toyotomi OM22 toyotomi oil miser 22 vented heater
Sent to HVAC Experts 1/27/2013 at 5:40 PM Value:$9.00
Answer by billy at 5:46 PM (6 minutes and 17 seconds )

505 pm http://www.justanswer.com/hvac/7is5y-toyotomi... Toyotomi OM22 unit shutting down with error code

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
2 Toyotomi oil miser 22's, on same day, same hour. same issues(fuel error)

1, is $30.00 posted at 505pm for $30 and ignored

1, is $9.50 posted at 540 pm, Billy answered in 6 mins, ignoring the $30 question

Toyotomi OM22

toyotomi oil miser 22.

JACUSTOMER-fweorbzg 1/27/2013
Toyotomi OM22 posted at 5:05 PM Value:$30.40
At 6:36 PM, 1 hour 31 minutes later, I bit/ANSWERED

Toyotomi OM22 toyotomi oil miser 22 vented heater
Sent to HVAC Experts 1/27/2013 at 5:40 PM value $9.50
Answer by billy 1/27/2013 at 5:46 PM (6 minutes and 17 seconds later)

Billy screws EXPERT over and peer reviewed then reposts in public!

View 0 more photos
Oct 23, 2017 10:29 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I asked for help with my mail stamp on mac computer I was charged 4 separate times for an answer I never received. I was able to get 2 off but have to wait for other 2 on my cr. card to show up then launch a dispute. what a pain in the butt. never received an answer from 4 experts. my bank said they will be able to help me after my card is charged. this company should not be aloud to exist online a total scam

U
Feb 11, 2017 11:21 pm

Justanswer is definitely not a scam. It is a well organized and customer friendly website. I have used the site for speaking to a legal expert . My experience was price worth and i would really love to use them if I need any such help. But I can't say the same for all categories. My sister used the site for asking a homework question and was anxious if the answer might be publicly seen. In fact, JA doesn't seem to have a policy ensure the privacy of an answer. In certain categories, this could be troublesome . For this reason, I use clearessays.com for asking help on essay writing .

M

Around the last week of march 2012 i, made enquiries on the net regarding my very sick siamese kitten as as last resort to some questions that the vets here could not answer. within 48 hours of making this enquiry the cat was put to sleep. I paid a fee to get the question I had asked, and ever since each month on my westpac mastercard I have had a fee of $58.00 aud extracted from that account. I left this be as I thought that it would not be there the following month.
Last evening I spoke with kerry from the mastercard services who suggested that I contact this sight regarding the matter and have a stop put on it as I do not need this service any longer and would greatly appreciate a refund on the monies taken. the last statement I received was 13/7/2012 and this amount was deducted on 1/7/2012.
The membership no is:- [protected] the authority code is :- r96401 1/7/2012

Apr 15, 2011 4:30 pm

This website guarantees that it will answer your question or refund the fee (in my case $48). the chat-room format of the website exposed me to an absolute idiot who called himself an expert. he stated, at the end of the chat, that he definitely could not answer my question but that I should contact the vendor. he did not spend the $48 and left it open for some totally different question should I be dumb enough to ask something else. so the $48 rmains unspent and available until I do! in effect, the guarantee is a bet whether you can think of a question they can answer, not the reverse. thus they have my $48 forever without really stealing it.

Sep 20, 2011 4:59 am

Beware, be very aware, they've been stealing money out of my bank acct, for many months, my bank knows i'm terminally ill, they know and care about me, the just told me 3 days ago they've been taking my money, and then tonight i tried to ask a question, they asked for more money, they been deducting 30 dollars a month for months, i just spent over five hours explaining this to them and they just keep asking me for more money, there are no hearts and no smarts with this company, don't waste your time, i'm going to the bank tomorrow and let them file the fraud charges they wanted to to begin with... These idiots are unbelievable!

W
Sep 06, 2010 7:06 pm

I was charged 39 dollars to my credit card for something I did not asked for. the alleged offense occured on september 1st, 2010. I had use this service on june 19th, 2010, but never requested the service on september 1st. I never received anything from them by email stateing a charge as I did in june. if I hadn't checked my bill on september 4th just answer.com would have gotten away with this. this is very poor business practice. I will never use them again. I am requesting my credit card account be credited the 39 dollars plus asking that just answer delete my credit card from its files. that way this will never happen to me again.

Jan 25, 2012 11:21 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I requested help from justanswers in july 2011, the expert gave me a fix for my desktop which worked I made the required payment but I have had a payment of 21gbp taken from my debit card 6 times totalling 126gbp since then and nobody seems to take any notice of my complaint at all. I just feel as if I have been mugged.

Apr 11, 2011 10:57 pm

Charged twice for one question.$47 should have been the correct payment but on my bank statement I have been billed twice.
When can I expect this to be reimbursed.

Asked about heater / ac blower motor not working on my 06 silverado truck. Info given was wrong and i still have no ac or heat. Dont remember authorizing more than i time billing. These people didnt even have me looking inthe right places for different parts to ck. Billing for first amount was for info i couldnt use but no reason to be billed a second time. . . Is there any way i can get reimbursed for at least second charge and cancel any future billings. My e - mail is [email protected] Net my name is daniel hoskins

Http: / / www.2carpros.com / first_things / heater_failure. Htm

S
Jun 02, 2011 9:11 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I used JustAnswers*Doctors once, asking a medical question. I paid for the service by credit card. Unexpected I keep getting billed every month thereafter even when I have not used their serice ever again. I am asking he company to close my account and stop billing me again. I feel totally helpless as I am being fleeced.

Jul 20, 2010 8:37 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

In june i sent a complaint in about my mortgage company to jabill was charged and never recieved any help . They sure took my money though. It is a real shame they are on the same web site as Fieger Law. I wonder if mR. fieger knows this. Thank You Marie

Sep 19, 2016 12:29 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I recently [15/08/16] was conned out of £56 by justanswer uk I was supposed to be able to speak to a legal expert but the questionair failed to ask for my phone number if they meant by e-mail it never happened.in fact I could not even get into their system as they were asking for a password which I had not been asked for. do not pay for this scam which google is fully aware of; but does not remove! artisandyman.

Aug 29, 2016 2:13 am

In March I asked a question on Just Answer but was not happy with the response and had my $69 refunded. The company has since taken a monthly payment of $69 debiting my credit card. I have asked that a total of $276 be refunded and the direct debits stop. I have previously asked that the direct debits stop and the funds be refunded but heard nothing. I have sent another request today. I have been very ill and had quite alot of surgery in the past months which is why I haven't been able to keep on top of this situation.

This is what is written on my credit card statements:

POS 108964 $69.00 12/03/11 This is the one that was credited, but the others need to be refunded.
POS 195885 $69.00 12/04/11 Just Answer
POS 187086 $69.00 12/05/11 Just Answer
POS 156036 $69.00 15/06/11 Just Answer
POS 137008 $69.00 12/07/11 Just Answer

Thank you for your assistance with this matter.

Regards,
Charmaine Hall

L
Aug 26, 2016 2:21 am

I visited this site on 20/06/11 asking for help with finding parts for samsung camcorder, I had stated that I had used ebay without success. a 100% guarantee was given and i was advised that if i was not happy with the answer i would not have to pay. I eventually got an answer providing me with a link to ebay. I was not happy with that answer but the next day there was a $36 debit from my credit card. I cannot contact this company to ask for a refund.

The reference for the transaction is [protected]

Loretta

Aug 25, 2016 1:19 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hello My anme is Mark Johns i sometime back signed up to justanswersmechanics for some help in sorting a problem with a car i own now the problem is i have forgotten the user name and the password and have tried several times to have my password and username sent to my email address that is listed with this site just answers but everytime no success so i am unable to get onto the site to cancell the use of thier info and i only signed up for one month it has been over six months now, i have also contacted my bank here in Australia and they say that i have to contact justanswers so here i am stuch between a rock and a hard place so if you could help me sort this issue that would be great or i will have to close the bank account and hope that all is stopped this is the last option, cheers Mark Johns

R
Jul 26, 2016 6:56 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I went to JustAnswer.com to see if I could get a quick fix for my television. They said they had an "expert" that had an answer and i needed to give a one dollar deposit to see answer. Of course, not expecting to get blindsided, I agreed to that and a further 27 dollars once I was online with the expert. Long story short, The "experts" advice was to take the t.v. to a repair shop. So, this expert already knew it was something that a real "expert" needed to look at but charged me anyway. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem paying for something If I get value in return. I believe this company (or its experts) should not charge you if they cannot help you. It would be like me telling my neighbor i could fix his car for 28.00 dollars, and then tell him he needed and expert. Does this seem wrong to anyone else but me?

i have had £9.30 tqken from my bank on saturday from this company whom i know nothing about. Where di they get my bank details from? I am on state benefits and do not have this money to splash out to whoever wants to take it my bank details should be secure i would very much like to have my money put back in and not touched again or i will charging them with fraud

Jul 04, 2016 8:06 am

I asked them a question about a motori'i'm trying to repair. I pay their fee of $13.00. the expert answers me with a question. when I reply, they want to charge me yet another $13.00. (of course I saw the scam immediately) instead of helping you, they just keep asking questions to run up your bill. I tried to get a refund but office hrs are m-f, but the expert is available 24/7. don't even attempt to use this site

S

Credit card debited unauthorised. no question answered or attempted, but withdrew money from credit card. scam justanswer website

Jun 08, 2016 4:46 am

Please refund all charges since march 2016 and cancel further membership and charges.
Janet decater at [email protected]

Jun 08, 2016 4:46 am

Unwanted unauthorized membership shown by my monthly bank statements since march 2016. refund and cancellation requested asap. attempts to resolve by phone result in recorded message leading nowhere. I need this to be resolved asap as I am on a fixed income and $46 charge per month is not something I can afford.

A
Jun 17, 2010 3:03 pm

I have a charge on my credit card of $14.00 for services I neither requested nor received. I have used Just Answer's services in the past but canceled my suscription months ago. Please provide a refund of the above amount.

A
Mar 12, 2012 11:34 am

I have perused the site several times. I was horrified to see many, many, many responses by one so-called expert — kate mccoy — who constantly intervenes in this particular customer's therapy sessions. I understand that it is the customer who keeps asking kate about her sessions but then kate constantly answers instead of being professional and telling the customer — look by you keeping on asking me questions you are splitting things and you will never work things out in your therapy. she should have told the customer that she should be bringing all these matters up with her therapist. if she feels that her therapist can't handle things then she should refer the customer to a new therapist, not constantly meddle in the customer's therapy. of course, just answer doesn't flag this as unethical and non-professional because, of course, when the customer pays kate mccoy, then just answer gets half the fee. if I knew the state that kate mccoy practices in I would report her to her state board for unethical conduct. be that as it may, just answer should not accept ms. mccoy's non-professional behavior and should ban her from the site.

May 19, 2016 8:53 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have been charged $36.00 (us) total for 3 different calls to justanswer.com. how do I unsubscribe from this flim-flam deceptive outfit? I never did get a resolution to my problem I addressed with them regarding parts and repairs on my poulon pro riding lawnmower. very poor service = non-existent response to my question.

I need a detailed message describing the charges that were made. I also want to 'unsubscribe' from any future assistance from your company.

L
Oct 30, 2012 9:46 am

Just answer experts website is a dangerous site. they say they will charge you $5.00 when you ask a question and then $54 when you are satisfied with the answer. the truth is …when you ask a question, the expert asks you for more information, if you answer they charge you $54 without giving you an answer, satisfied or not. false advertising. before they give you your answer you have to agree with their terms. if you read the terms, you find out the people are not experts and that your question will be posted on the internet for all to see with all you personal information listed. if you don’t’ agree to the terms, guess what? they have already posted it on the internet without your permission. you will never know they posted it. when I called them, I found out that they posted my question and the additional information on the internet when I asked it, without me permission! you cannot view the ‘terms’ until you ask a question and pay them, by then, they already have posted your question! beware! they will not let you submit to what a customer is saying on their website to warn other people, either.

Just ansthewer invoice #[protected] saying it was paid through pay pal $47.00 I took a one week free trial what the &%#*@ help

A few months back i had a problem with my Canon mp830 printer, Andy gave me good advice and the problem was fixed, i was charged $67.00 which i paid with my visa card, and now i see on my statement you again took from my account $67.00 on 17/12/2010, as i have not used your services again you had no right to take this money, please credit my account with this amount immediately

regards

John Trundell

G
Aug 02, 2010 8:11 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Thinking I was dealing with a reputable company I asked a question pertaining to an electrical problem on a Ford F 150. I was told an answer was sent. After much search and additional inquiries I determined no answer was provided so did not okay a charge. I had suggested a charge of $15 and would have okayed the charge even if my problem had not been solved. The charge appearing on my credit card was for $30.00 with the description as "Just Answer Experts MYJABILL.com ca. I e-mailed the company today and have had no response. Can you help?
Galen Crandall
[email protected]

I was on the Seagate website looking for technical support and was transparently handed off to JustAnswer. When I found out it would cost $48 for an answer I closed the website, I never filled out any credit card information at all – ever! I never accessed their so-called "answer" ever! Nonetheless they found my credit card number and charge me 3 separate times for a total of $48.04. I wrote back demanding a refund and found that my account has 3 pre-holds for $1 each. That means I will probably be charged again. Apparently any time you type anything at all to anybody at JustAnswer you incur a charge. This is outrageous! I have spoken with my bank and I will contest all charges immediately. If you find yourself on a JustAnswer website do not type anything close it immediately ! ! !

Apr 08, 2011 3:36 pm

I feel so frustrated using Just Answer. I wish I had found this site before giving my credit card information. Now I have to wait if my credit card gets misused.
My flash drive would not read my flash card. I had upgraded to Windows 7 (which was a big mistake. Had to upgrade all my programs also.) and my flash drive did not work. I asked Just Answer about the problem, is there a software or procedure to get around this problem. As the expert, Don or Dan, kept asking general questions like did you use the right slot, did the icon for drive show up on the monitor. did you use a Windows 7 flash card, etc. The flash card, a xD, will only go in one slot only, the icon showed (but no green light on the icon all the other drivers had a green light) up. and there is only one kind of flash card (the only difference is the amount of information and speed of the flash card). His answer was get an adapter to plug in the computer or replace my media drive. All the other drivers work using media that I have had for years. I did not hit the Accept button because I felt his answers were too general and too simple. I found a round about way to download my images and use the images as attachments to emails I was sending out. Since I came up with the solution, I felt I did not have to pay him. I kept getting emails from Just Answer to click on the Accept button from Dan the network administer and Andy Kurtzig the CEO and Founder (saved those emails). I just hit the Accept button just to stop getting these emails (yes, it was only 3 emails, but irritating since I was the one that found the answer). Now I am afraid, I gave them my private information and credit card. After reading all these complaints about Just Answer, I am just nervous. I should have gone to the internet to find out any complaints or problems with this company. Next time, I will listen to my little voice.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1010 complaints