Jiffy LubeWorst company to exist. Incompetent disrespectful liars

R

This is the WORST company you could ever deal with. Even after a year they Will Bouyd (district manager) has not responded to my letter asking him to at least give me the money I spent on their horrible services that were never done to my car. They should close this one down as well as all the other Jiffy Lubes, anyway there are a million other places that do what they claim to do better and respectfully. I have read other people’s stories and they are just unbelievable. I decided to withdraw my lawsuit after my lawyer told me that this would be a long case that would persist for a very long time and I didn’t want to be upset and feel impotent for so long after what these i####s did to me. To this day, I still do not believe this happened and I cannot believe that not a single person has contacted me about it either. Even the headquarters in Texas want to clean their hands with this matter since they are a franchise.
Terrible and disgusting company; AVOID IT at all costs.
The following happened to me. I tried to explain everything in detail and as accurate as possible. People please, stay away from them. This is not the first time it happens. They are actually famous for their horrific jobs…

On October 1st 2015, I took my 2003 Dodge Sprinter 2500 to Jiffy Lube facilities for an oil change. I went to the one located in 7798 Coral Way, Miami, FL 33155, where the manager Jonathan helped me that day. While there, they offered a filter change and an engine treatment and services, which I agreed to for $199. It took them approximately 10 minutes to do everything and because it was so fast, I asked him if they had done everything previously agreed to the car and he claimed they were professionals so it was quick. The vehicle had absolutely no issues previously to attending Jiffy Lube and operated in an optimal condition; in reality, I only went for an oil change. Before leaving, he also suggested I changed one of the anterior headlights. When I asked how long it would take he said it would be approximately 15 minutes but the place got filled with people so he said to come back another day because also the only person that knew how to take off the headlights was not there that day, so I left. Two days later on October 3rd I went back to Jiffy Lube to change the headlights for another $29.
Three days later, on October 6th as I was coming back from work, the light indicating malfunctioning of the filter turned on. The next day, October 7th I took the car back to Jiffy Lube, where the manager Jonathan told me that it wasn’t a problem and that they were going to change the filter again even though this was supposed to have happened back in October 1st, the very first day I took the car there and paid for it to be changed. Then they came back saying that they had to order the filter because they didn’t have them in the store, which I thought was strange since they did “have” it the first time. I went inside to the lobby to wait for my car and I started hearing weird noises and smoke started to come out of the car. This is when I realized that they had never changed the filters for oil/petroleum and I am almost certain as well that they never changed the oil itself either. When I stepped outside to see what was going on with my car, I asked Jonathan what was going on and he simply said to not worry that they were going to fix it. When I looked at the filter, it looked like the one it had previous to the new one and I told him once again that the filter was old and they never changed it in the first place. He got really nervous and kept saying not to worry. I decided to take pictures of the filter to have proof that a brand new filter does not look like that one the slightest. Also, they told a mechanic from the shop to go to the gas station to bring back a liquid, which they poured in a plastic water bottle container, I guess for me to not know what was in it. They brought back gas to put in the car even though my car does not use gas, it uses petroleum. As soon as I started taking pictures and videos of everything that was going on, the mechanic hid the plastic bottle container with the gasoline inside of it. I am certain this was one of the main reasons why the car made an internal explosion and hence the fact the engine became inoperable. Then the car turned on but the smoke it was producing was so much and overwhelming that they had to turn on the fan. The car started making a sound as if two metals were hitting each other so I told Jonathan to turn it off because that was not good for the engine. Jonathan told me not to worry that the mechanic knew was he was doing and that it was okay for that to happen. They kept the car on for around 15 minutes and the smoke kept getting worse as well as the sound that was really loud; they also kept on putting more gasoline to the car and messing with the filter. After almost three hours of this, they decided to call Victor Moreno, manager of the store in US1 and Jonathan’s boss. Victor told Jonathan to tell me to 1. To look for a tow truck because they didn’t have any and 2. To look for a shop to take it to, that they were going to take full responsibility for the damages and fix the car they broke down. I told them that I was concerned because the car had thousands of dollars invested in my working tools and I couldn’t just leave the car there. Soon after, I was able to contact a shop and called a tow truck (which I had to pay for) to take it to a facility because it could not stay at their location.
I followed the tow truck to the shop, which I consider one of them should have done but I had to do it. When we arrived at the shop, the mechanic Ivan turned it on and quickly turned it off and checked the oil and the engine and told me that Jiffy Lube had completely messed up the engine. He also said that this happened because they put gasoline instead of petroleum to turn it on and that’s what caused the explosion and messed other things inside as well. Ivan also mentioned that most of the mechanics at Jiffy Lube do not know what they’re doing and don’t have a clue about anything else other than oil change which is what they’re certified for. Ivan gave me an estimate and I called Jonathan to tell him about it and he called Victor. Victor immediately backed up and said that he was not going to take responsibility over anything that happened, even though he did not know the details that it was their fault. Jonathan gave me Victor’s phone number and after endless calls that were never answered, I presented myself to Victor’s store in Miami, FL US1. There, he had no option but to speak to me. He told me that he had to contract an inspector to go check the car and I simply told him I didn’t care what he had to do but he had to give me my car back in the same conditions as it entered their Jiffy Lube facilities. I also told him to check the cameras at the store to make sure he would see that the car entered in perfect conditions and came out inoperable.
As Victor said, he sent an inspector of their choice for a physical and mechanical appraisal 4 days after this. The inspector completed the report, which was filled with errors about my car. Details like the type of gas, doors, pistons, and many other things that are basic about the car were wrong and even the name of the “owner” of the car, which they made the report to my brother’s name for no reason. The only correlation between my brother and the car was that he had taken it years before to that same location but that was not the case this time. On the other hand, the guy doing the inspection told me that he had been working for Jiffy Lube many times before and he took pictures of the car in areas where is it not subjective/ helpful in this case. The pictures never included pictures of the oil and the amount it had to prove it had been changed, it does not state the condition of the oil filter and whether it is new or old. However, it does state that the diesel filter is new, but of course it has to be new after having to change it (the first time they were supposed to do it on October 2nd and the second time on October 7th) “so many times.” The inspector also stated that he vehicle’s oil was low even though they were supposed to have done it days before this happened; either they did not put the required amount or they did not change it at all. It also does not state the viscosity or quality of the oil they put in the car.
After calling Victor for so many days after the inspection, he never had the decency to worry about accelerating the process. I asked him to please do what he could to finish this quick because this car contains the tools required for my job and I have employees that are depended from me. I had been without working for days and he just didn’t seem to care or to help me at all. This is my job and with it I have to pay lots of bills that my family depend from. Starting from my daughter’s university studies, to my son’s sport and the plate of food I have to provide daily, along many other important bills needed for everyday survival.
Without care, he finally said that they were not responsible for anything that happened to that car and that he didn’t care, but they were not going to pay for any damage made to the car. I then asked him to give me his boss’ number for me to contact him and he kept insisting to not give it to me because he didn’t speak Spanish and that he was American so I insisted and he ended up giving me his number. I called him endless times different days and did not receive a single call back. I, along with my daughter who speaks the language, went to Jiffy Lube in coral way where this incident happened to ask them to call Will Bouyd, the person who I was trying to get in contact with. There, they told me that they didn’t have direct contact with him and that I had to call Victor but I didn’t because he was going to tell me the same thing, that Will would call me back, which had not happened in days. I left him four more voicemails and no response. I decided to call the police because they were not being concise, it was just bounding be around and around. When the cops arrived, I explained the situation and even they agreed that I needed to do something because they didn’t care. They went inside the store to ask for their information and when they came back outside they provided all the details from the company to me in order to call corporate and make a complaint and have someone with higher authority to call me and solve the problem; obviously that never happened.
Days after, Will contacted my daughter and told her that he was going to further investigate the case because he had just heard about it and he wanted to have the details and call me back as soon as possible. It is until today that we have not heard from him even after my daughter calling him more times.

This is a conversation I had with Victor afterwards and was also stated on the letter they sent to my house:
-Victor stated: we are not going to pay for anything because the car had too many miles.
(However, this car went in perfectly fine just for an oil change and they ruined the rest.)
-I responded: then why did you agree to charge me everything and “do all those things to the car?” even though it had so many miles?
-Victor said: the car had a leakage.
-I responded: Which diesel car with a year of being used does not have leakage? Independently of this, the leakage has nothing to do with anything else. The car went in perfectly fine inside Jiffy Lube facilities the three days that it went in and Jonathan, who drove it, knows it drove well without any noise or smoke coming off of it. Then why does Bill Bouyd want to return the money they charged for the filters and oils and services when supposedly they did it right? I did not break the engine or do anything to the car, it was not in my hands when you decided to put something I’m not knowledgeable about inside of it that you hid in a plastic water bottle container. Obviously they don’t want to take responsibility for something that was done wrong.

I also visited two other Jiffy Lubes in order to obtain information about their services with these types of cars. I asked for information for an oil change on this car type of car (Dodge Sprinter 2003) and they said that they would do it. When I insisted and asked whether they had the filter in the store they backed up and said that they didn’t have it, and that they only did the oil change on those cars. This confirmed that they never did a filter change the first day that I took the car because they do not do filter change according to the other Jiffy Lubes. They also said that the diesel filter was something they didn’t do commonly either, that if I were to ask for that service they would do the same thing the other people did with my car, leave the filters untouched and once you turn on the car with the old filters after changing the rest the oil gets contaminated and causes the rest of the problems.

** I have pictures and videos of everything done this day.

Rosendo R.