Menu
Jiffy Lube
reviews & complaints

Jiffy Lube
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

92 complaints
27 resolved 65 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Jiffy Lube. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
U
11:18 am

Jiffy Lube - beware don't go to jiffy lube!!!

Jiffy lube - on 3346 wrightsboro rd augusta / the worst ever!
I promise you, the worst jiffy lube branches are in aiken county, south carolina & augusta, georgia! They treat customers rudely, they damage customers' vehicles while they're supposed to be doing oil changes, and they routinely discriminate & mistreat all minority customers! Beware: don't get your auto services at any jiffy lube!

S
3:06 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My daughter went in for an oil change and they told her she needed a radiator flush (second one this year$$$$). She had them both done and drove approximately 25 miles and the car ran hot and the head gasket was blown and the motor ruined. We had it towed to a garage and they said there was NOTHING in the radiator. It was dry. It is going to cost us between...

2:52 pm

Jiffy Lube - stipped oil plug caused severe leagage

On July 10th used a $19.95 oil change special coupon and I had my oil changed in 2006 Honda Pilot by Jiffy Lube 862 which is owned by the Enitor Group, LLC. Prior to service I did not have an oil leak. In the course of service I was notified that my break reservoir lid was not on tight. They said I could have air in the lines and made me concerened that I could have a problem. Since I had the breaks done recently (by Brakes Plus) I thanked them and said I would take it back to them, .

Ironically what the Jiffy Lube service person failed to tell me was that there was a problem with the oil plug/. After they finished the work I was still not made aware of a problem;. The pink service invoice they provided me did not have any notes in the service comments area what so ever!. The next morning whjen I went out to my car, I had a 3ft oil leak in my drive way". I called the store and spoke with an assistant manager named Nick/.

I took my SUV back down and Nick then told me the oil plug was stripped and blamed it on the previous service center, . Then he showed me their work order neatly printed out with notes in the Service comments that the "Drain Plug Stripped PTS". Then I showed them my copy. Mine had the information pushed up all the way into the service checklist section which I didn't see. So to recap- they never mentioned the plug problem and tried to hid the fact in the invoice notes. Pretty clever I'd say. Nick offered to try and tighten the bolt but it still leaked. Since the manager was not there I would have to come back on Friday

So first thing Friday I went in to see the manager Nate. I asked why I had not been made aware of this before they finished the work. All the service centers I've discussed with this said their policy would have been to stop. Secondly they all also said that the likely hood of it not leaking sooner was highly unlikely. The fact that the previous oil change was completed 9 months and 5000 miles earlier leads you to think so. He apologized for not making me aware of it but refused to accept any blame or provide any retribution.

I then took the car up to Brakes Plus and tried to have the pan retapped for $80 but unfortunately it still leads. So now I have to have the pan replaced. I've had three bids so far ranging from $700 - $1000.

So my $19.95 oil change is now going to cost me...ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS!?!?!?

S
3:27 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Saturday, May 4th I was in Memphis TN to attend the Beale Street Music Festival. I pulled into a Jiffy Lube because my oil light had flashed on the previous night when I arrived into town and I was about due for a change. Other than that my car was good working order and although it is a 2002 it has less than 75, 000 miles on it. I drive a VW Golf. A 5...

L
6:29 pm

Jiffy Lube - Negligence

I purchased a used car. Before buying it I had a pre-purchase inspection done and no engine issues were found. The next morning I took to Jiffy Lube for an oil change.

The technician forgot to replace the oil cap after completing the oil change. I drove about 30 miles on the highway when my car died.

I towed the car to a mechanic who said the engine had failed because the oil had splattered all over the engine because the oil cap was missing. I towed the car to the seller's location and filed a claim with Jiffy Lube.

I was assured that it would be handled in a professional manner and that Jiffy Lube would take the car to their mechanic to be diagnosed.

Jiffy Lube had a mechanic look at the car and said they could not determine the cause of the engine failure. They instructed the seller to break down the engine so they might be able to diagnose the problem. The seller, who was acting in a professional manner, complied.

Jiffy Lube came back and said they still could not determine the cause and instructed the seller to disassemble the engine further. The seller, who was acting in a professional manner, complied. Jiffy Lube came back and said they still couldn't determine the cause and requested further disassembly. The seller, who was acting in a professional manner, complied.

Jiffy Lube came back and said they still couldn't determine the cause and requested further disassembly. The seller finally protested to me that he couldn't continue to have his mechanic do work for Jiffy Lube when his mechanic and and independent mechanic both concluded that the cause of the engine failure was due to Jiffy Lube's error.

My father told Jiffy Lube they could take the car and do whatever additional research was needed. Jiffy Lube refused to do any additional research and diagnosis and denied our claim. They said we would have to sue them for restitution and that they would fight us in court.

Jiffy Lube clearly will not take responsibility for the negligence of their employee.

1 comment
A
Sep 27, 2013 5:42 am

MY HUSBAND JUST HAD HIS OIL CHANGED AT JIFFY LUBE YESTERDAY < THEY TOO DIDNT REPLACE OIL CAP AND HIS ENGINE CAUGHT ON FIRE WHILE HE WAS AT A MECHANICS BECAUSE OF SMOKE COMING FROM ENGINE! OVER 2 QUARTS OIL HAD SPILLED OUT !

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Took my older Dodge truck in to have an oil change, told them that is all I wanted and needed. After waiting an hour for them to have my truck serviced they called me in and informed me that I needed a new belt, (I had just changed it the weekend before) then they told me I needed new spark plugs (Again just replaced those and the wires the weekend prior) ...

O
7:05 pm

Jiffy Lube - extreme labor charges

Went in for an oil change...a tad high at $45.00, but okay with me. They found a serpentine belt in the engine that had wear cracks. I agreed it needed replaced. Took about eight minutes to change...bill for changing the belt...$119.00. Came home and checked price of belt online and most go for around $40.00...so I was charged around $80.00 labor for an eight minute job. Not Good. Recommendation: Stay away from Jiffy Lube...should have taken the time and went to Walmarts.

1 comment
Jan 05, 2016 6:11 pm

Jiffy lube charged me a ridiculous 149 dollars for an air filter and oil change. They decieved me with their $19.99 ads. Screw them!

J
6:35 am
Replied
Jiffy Lube has left an official reply on this complaint.
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Jiffy lube in augusta, ga @ 1642 walton way, & wrightsboro rd in augusta, ga., are the worst jiffy lube branches; cheating customers by overcharging them for oil changes, and refusing to service african-americans, & behaving unprofessional or rude to loyal customers!! The staff often has huge employee turnovers, because they practice job discrimination...

P
6:34 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went in for a routine oil change but then was informed I needed more work. My A/C worked fine, but I was told it would cost $150+ for A/C service because I was "low on freon" so I went immediately to Goodyear, eight blocks away, for a second opinion. (Recently, I had had my A/C repaired there.)The Goodyear mechanic put in writing that the A/C had been...

View 0 more photos

Jiffy Lube - negligence & misconduct

Jiffy lube in aiken, sc & augusta, ga - lousy mechanics & poor customer service, and has been often charged & sued for racism. Jiffy lube in aiken & augusta - discriminating against black customers! - racism & incompetent customer service more... At jiffy lube in aiken, sc & augusta, ga - the customer service is horrible, unprofessional, no respect to customers, plus the managers treat their own employees like crap (Esp. Blacks, often firing them for little to no reasons!), some of the mechanics use racial slurs, and the technicians are not mechanically certified to repair cars, often messing up your car, making the problem worse, and causing more damage, bad customer service & late repairing vehicles, staff verbally abusing customers with insults, the managers & employees are a bunch of idiots and don't last long there (High turnover due to poor job performances & incompetence), the discrict managers often turn a blind eye to the negligence done by many of their branches - but rather than change their ways; they continue to pay out for lawsuits filed by mistreated customers, the mechanics usually mess up the work that they do, causing many customers to come back in to get the work done over again and again; which sometimes they never get it done right. Sometimes over charging minority customers for standard oil changes - ripping them off. And sometimes they deliberately damage customers' vehicles while being serviced at jiffy lube, and sometimes refusing to pay for the damages done to customers' vehicles while doing oil changes! If you love your car, I wouldn't recommend sending it to jiffy lube in aiken, sc & augusta, ga - lousy mechanics & poor customer service (They have many locations & lawsuits filed against them for racism to damage to property)...

K
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

"don't do business with any - jiffy lubes'!!!" local news reports that : an augusta man suing jiffy lube over racial discrimination, and poor customer service... A richmond county man is suing jiffy lube, its georgia-based parent company, and an church pastor is alleging that an augusta jiffy lube manager made racist comments and that he was refusing to...

C
3:10 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I came in at 6:50pm on Friday, April 20, 2012 to get an oil change. The first employee that greeted me was very nice and friendly. My car was pulled in the bay area. My car sat until 7:00pm (which was also closing time). The manager ask some one to service my vehicle. Another employee by the name of William came into the waiting area were I was sitting and...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Wife went in for an oil change, explained that the 98 jimmy had recently been serviced, was told that the vehicle was in danger of failure, manufacturer recommended: radiator flush, engine flush, trans. Flush, injector cleaning, etc. She was intimidated and agreed. All these recommendations are lies. General motors explicitely recommends that you do not...

G
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My Name is Gioconda Gutierrez on March 10 went to jiffy lube Burbank to the company to change the oil in my truck suv toyota rav4 2002, and after 3 days on my way to my work on the 13th of March, the truck was damaged in the five southern freway pulling the oil below, as the car mechanic jiffy lube, they did not filter well. therefore the machine was broke...

T
4:15 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My father brought his car to Jiffy Lube in Arnold, Maryland for an oil change that would normally cost $40, but ended up paying $132.80 instead. He has been going to the Jiffy Lube in other locations (Baltimore & Glen Burnie) and had no problems with getting his oil changes. During his first visit at this Arnold location, he went with his granddaughter to...

6:02 pm

Jiffy Lube - service quality

There is nothing jiffy about Jiffy Lube. I took a car in to be serviced, walked across the street to have lunch, and went back to find that my car had not been serviced. In fact, a car had been moved in front of mine in the queue. In the past, I've had minor problems, such as some kind of connector being left off and full services not being performed, but this is really the last straw.

2 comments
D
Aug 31, 2011 6:48 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Disregard previous comment, for some reason was thinking of Les Schwab. As for Jiffy Lube, if you aren't at your car when they're ready for you, then it's no suprise they pulled someone in ahead of you. How are they supposed to know what you want and confirm your account history (if applicable) with them.

D
Aug 31, 2011 6:30 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

That really depends on whether or not you were there with an appointment or just as a walk in. If you were a walk in, then remember that people that have appointments have priority. If you had an appointment then its possible that the other car had one as well (prior to you) and was running late. There's a lot to consider when it comes to prioritization at Jiffy Lube. Ultimately, make sure you have plenty of spare time cause you'll likely be there a while (appointment or not).

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

on 8/20/11 Manager- Josh at the Jiffy Lube Wrightsboro Rd, Augusta, GA used racial slurs and refused repair service that he promised. Other employees stated that he was way out of line, and that I was a valued customer, he stated that he didn't want busniess from **ggers, and that I should go somewhere else to get car oil changed... This i only one of many...

View 0 more photos
J
11:05 am

Jiffy Lube - destroyed a $3000 transmission

This company Jiffy Lube is nothing but a bunch of criminals. I took my car in for a transmission flush and am now replacing my transmission for a cost of $3000. They have taken no responsibility for destroying my car, which ran like a dream before I went in for ROUTINE maintenance with them. After reading all of the consumer complaints and problems online about Jiffy Lube I wonder why and how they are still in business after all these years? Isn’t there a lawyer out there that would take on the many cases of fraud that this company continues to commit against consumers?

R
10:24 am

Jiffy Lube - texts spam on my phone

Today is April 21st, 2011. I live in Burien, WA. I got texted SPAM from Jiffy Lube. I mean, real, honest to God spam. “One time special offer…” Had to text STOP to their robot phone number. The thing I thought was REALLY the kicker was ”standard text rates may apply.” NO KIDDING! I don’t know how this can be legal. I don’t know if there’s earlier precedent for this, but this is the first time it’s happened to me, and I WON’T HAVE IT. I complained to them THOROUGHLY, and told them I will not give them any more of my business until I believe they no longer send spam texts to anyone.

People: this is where it all begins. This is where our phones get flooded with spam. This is where we need to start getting spam filters for our own phones. jiffylubeopinion.com is where you can complain. Go there, and complain. And DO NOT do business with them until they change. Please. Please. I’m begging you. Please.

L
9:30 am

Jiffy Lube - Scam

Normally Jiffy lube is easy and fine. I recently went to the Commack, NY location. I have never bein to a place that treated there customers so poorly. Starting the oil change they screwed up my tire. They told me it will be ready in an hour. After waiting and hour past the time i was told. They then told me i should have let them know my tire was strange. WHAT? i have a 300c that has never stock rims. They then kept giving me an attitude the longer it took. i guess in a dumb macanics mind they are so smart that they can not do anything wrong. JIFFYLUBE is a joke, there staff are jokes, there "work" is a joke. better have monkeys change your oil then these fools.

2 comments
Jun 08, 2010 11:32 am

Went to new Jiffy Lube in Tempe, AZ for an oil change and never again. Maybe they changed the oil and filter, but I don't know what they did, except ruined my brakes.

As I drove away there has been a noise coming from the wheels and especially when I hit the brakes. Now I need to get my brakes repaired.

If Jiffy Lube wants to stay in business, maybe all employees need to take classes of how to treat the customers with ethics and respect and not to takes classes of how to take advantage of them.

T
Apr 21, 2011 8:13 pm

After getting a $19.99 quote over the phone and verifying the price with the check-in mechanic for a basic oil change, I was presented with a $47 bill. The manager said that I must have called a different store since that there were no $19.99 oil changes at this location. After I pointed out that the $19.99 price was actually on the check-in sheet, the manager said that this was a sheet from another store. HUH? He promptly reversed his story and gave me the oil change at the $19.99 rate. I promptly made sure that the other 4 or 5 people in the store knew what a great deal I was getting and that they were going to be ripped off shortly. Where the $47 price came from I do not know, thier listed Signature Oil Change is $37.99.

Jiffy Lube contacts