Menu

J.G. Wentworth - taking advantage of disabled

D
Author of the complaint
10:04 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was wondering how easy it is for JG Wentworth to make billions of dollars from structured settlements mostly from individuals who have been disabled and hurt in accidents. Could it be these people are medicated up and not in their right mind? That would be pretty smart of them to come up with that idea. JG Wentworth has a clause in their long contract that just asks are they under the influence of medications. All you have to say is NO and the contract is valid. My opinion is the disabled and hurt people just see money signs and reply No. When the medication is no longer taken these people regret signing their thousands of money away to JG Wentworth. Could there be a class action lawsuit in store for JG Wentworth.?

If you think about it we all know someone who has been offered the lowest amount offered by JG Wentworth. For instance I had a 25 year annuity set up for my 7 year old son and I and while I was under very heavy medication these fast talking salesmen named Aaron talked so fast while I was under the influence of pain medicine antidepressants, muscle relaxants, anxiety medicines, and he took 18 years of our payments without even counter offering. This transaction happened so fast I never realized what hit us. We are now suffering after the fact.. I wonder how many other hurt and disabled people was hurt by JG Wentworth. I know and understand fully how embarrassing this could be to talk about. Medicated and disabled people need to let them know how they feel about these fast talking salesmen from JG Wentworth. I read complaints that JG Wentworth always lowball the public which means bigger commissions’ for them. JG Wentworth never told me on the phone I could only sell half of my structured settlement! I read this company is worth Billions now.

A class action lawsuit against JG Wentworth would help us Disabled persons recoup some of our money back. I am now of sound mind and am upset what has been done to my 8 year old son and my self. I know there are millions of Americans in the same shoes as us. We are in dire need of this money that was swindled from us by these fast talking salesmen. Please leave a comment on your feelings on this subject. We were medicated up and made a decision that we now regret. JG Wentworth is vacationing down in Hawaii and the fast talking salesmen are enjoying their fast cars and new homes using our money.

Update by Disabled Father
Dec 14, 2017 8:51 am

Still waiting for A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST JG WENTWORTH 2017.

Helpful? 0 0

More J.G. Wentworth complaints & reviews

J.G. Wentworth - jg wentworth
J.G. Wentworth - ripoff
J.G. Wentworth - rip off!!
J.G. Wentworth - non-payment and runaround
J.G. Wentworth - misrepresentation of contract and interest fees to mentally diminished woman
J.G. Wentworth - settlemet rip off
J.G. Wentworth - Confusion? Or lack of effort?
14 comments
Jul 15, 2019 10:04 am

The CFPB can bring jgw down! Please contact them and make your complaint.

Jan 02, 2020 10:04 am

I may be able to help anyone taken advantage of by JG Wentworth or similar companies. They blank out your email when you use the full address. Fill-in the missing piece of mine and contact me at Alex(at)Gorman.Law for a free consultation.

Best Regards,

Alex Gorman

V
Dec 29, 2019 10:04 am

How do I contact the CFPB because I was totally ripped off by JG Wenthworth when I didn’t know I was bi-polar at the time and in desperate need of money to feed my children? Thank you very very much. Sincerely, deb miller at [email protected]

Jun 14, 2019 10:04 am

Cashed in a million for $250k over 3 years. Totally disabled and a friend called JG Wentworth and told them that I was not of sound mind and even being extorted but they continued relentlessly with more phone calls. $2500 a month is now $200 for the next 21 years. Sold all my limp sums, even excepted $50k for a $100k lump sum payment that I would've gotten six months later.

[email protected]

Oct 16, 2019 10:04 am

Contact me at Alex(at)Gorman.Law

Feb 27, 2018 10:04 am

Agreeed, my mom had a structured settlement that she sold to if . My mom always came to me for advice about finance, she would like to fill independent, unfortunately she wasn't . She was heavily Medicated with pain pills . Also a recovering drug user . That's why we put her settlement in a structured settlement so she couldn't get it all at once. Jg called me on three way with my mom and I told them no she can't sell it . It's no benifit to her to sell. I also asked how they could get it if it's structured . They told me to have her lie and say she wa son he streets and needed it now. I also told the please stop contacting my mom . I have a power of attorney so she can't sign for things like that. Due to her being sick and over medicating her self . But they continued and she signed against the advice . But they took advantage of a lady that is bipolar, and overly medicated with pain opills like OxyContin and dalodid. Any advice for me ? Please contact me at [email protected]

W
Feb 14, 2014 10:04 am

I am completely
disabled andnon very strong medications. I don't call these places so I don't get screwed. You have a choice to call them, and you made a poor judgement call. they didntll call you. My suggestion would be to not do anything financiallu unless your completely clear headed. I know I wouldn't do something like this while I'm on medication that affects my judgement.

W
Feb 14, 2014 10:04 am

I'm on many medications, and disabled but I'm not calling jg
Wentworth. Ennd result, not losing any money.

0 0

literally in a homeless shelter with my young son. I was 19 back in 1998.. 10, 000 felt like a million so I agreed and they took the rest...$90, 000. Really! This is/ was legal? I can't believe it ;(

Feb 28, 2013 10:04 am

If you were truly under the influence of medication and unable to make proper decisions then you would have a case for duress IF the company had approached you and talked you into doing business with them. However, companies like JG Wentworth and others do not seek out customers actively. Yes they advertise, but they do not come to your door and force you into a contract. You had to seek them out and bring an offer to them (i.e. your annuity payments for an immediate cash payout). They accepted your offer and a contract was formed. It is unfortunate that you chose to make such a poor decision while you were heavily medicated. However, you freely made the decision and are therefore responsible for the consequences. Next time maybe you should try reading the entire contract before you sign it.

S
Feb 02, 2013 10:04 am

These are just people looking to blame anyone but themselves.

Y
Jan 14, 2013 10:04 am

america nothing there are rip offffffff

Y
Jan 14, 2013 10:04 am

i agree wirh you jg wentworth rip me off to and my family i regret doing busness with them

C
Mar 03, 2012 10:04 am

Look, This is America. In America you can make money so long as you have the consent of they other party anyway possible. You where in a hurry to get money (for what ever reason) and I'm sure you called JG Wentworth. You sought them out and made the decision to do business with them. Now you regret the fact that you are out of the money. Look, if you get drunk and drive, , then kill someone do you think that your not going to jail. Do you think that the person you killed is coming back to life because you have regrets? We all make these decisions in life. I'm sure you have made other quick decisions also, now your looking for an escape out of your dilemma. the fact is "your in too much of a hurry" all you could see was the instant lump money. Slow down give thought to you decisions and think it through. its the instant crap in life that always hurts us the most.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

51 complaints