Menu
J.G. Wentworth
reviews & complaints

J.G. Wentworth
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

51 complaints
15 resolved 36 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of J.G. Wentworth. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
3:44 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I called in from after needing some fast cash after loosing my job. I got a quote for selling a little less than 300, 000 in exchange for 125, 000 it seemed like a reasonable offer. They were all friendly with me until I signed on the dotted line. After that it was almost impossible to get ahold of my represenative. Two weeks later I was contacted by a...

2:08 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I did a deal with this company 2 years ago. My whole life has been a mess. I was in a financial crisis. I cashed out on a million dollars worth of my payments for 43, 000.00. I was in a financial bind at that time. I Lost my wife and I became a single father of my 3 children. I was going to loss my home, so I really needed the money. I am doing better now...

12:23 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Well, they are very nice and helpful, untill you sign on with them. Then you can expect to get the run around, that is, when they decide to actually return your calls and emails. Making excuse after excuse as to why they couldnt keep to their word, and why they haven't gotten you approved yet, which changes every time they have a different person start...

4:31 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I receive at least three spam solicitations every day from J.G. Wentworth concerning cashing out a structured settlement. My many inquiries as to why they are sending me these solicitations when I have never had any structured settlements have fallen on deaf ears. I have clicked "Unsubscribe" every day and also inquired as to why I was ever "subscribed" to...

K
3:28 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Jg Wentworth are the biggest crooks in the settlement industry! I was attempting to sell my entire settlement they lured me in with false promises of no legal fees and fast cash upfront (all lies) after I signed up it was almost impossible to hear from my rep. Always getting the run around. Anyways, have way through my transaction I get a call from Kyle a...

N
8:21 am

J.G. Wentworth - liers

Jg lie to me, they sent me 2 checks 1 for $100 for letting them know who they are and the other for $500 for signing the contract. Well on july 11 2015 I did just that and deposit both checks in the bank to pay off 3 bills well I got a phone call from sam who is handling me case and told me that after signing the check that they made a mistake and that in order to get the 500 I had to sign another contract and from 11, 000.00 I would be getting only 10, 500.00. I disagree with that call and they went and withdrew the 500.00 causing a negative on my account.

B
Oct 06, 2015 10:16 am

i was wondering if you would like to exchange emails because im going through the samething when i ask to talk to his boss they never would give me there contact info or connect me to them my email is [email protected] look forward to hearing from u

C
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

JG Wentworth is nothing but a scam. going thru the process of selling my structure settlement to JG Wentworth was nothing but a headache and lie. The process of filling all of the paperwork and dealing with the courthouse just added more stress to the situation. I was told JG Wentworth would cover all court and filing cost and nothing would come out of...

2:12 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I got a check in the mail letting me know I can get a cash advance if i sold my annuity over to JG Wentworth. Not only did i not get the check when we went into contract, i also got ripped off. I called around to get quotes from other buyers and they all offered me much more than what JG was willing to offer...I guess they have to cover all of their pricey marketing costs!

12:08 pm

J.G. Wentworth - rip off

I called jg Wentworth off an advertisement I saw on TV. They seriously quoted me $80, 000 for my entire annuity worth over $2 million when I bought it. I found the guy named Michael Davis on this blog he was literally able to offer me $256, 000 for the same deal jg was offering me 80 on! His number is 561-512-3829 if you wanted to call him before you proceed any father!

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am a head injury with a lifetime annuity. Made the mistake of selling portion of it. I continue to get call because they want more. His name is dan wolfe. I had 8 calls in one day after i hung up. Tols them numerous times to leave us alone as now we are in dire straits. Tzhey receive 8 thousand a month and i get 4000. Now they want to give me 1500 and...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was doing a transaction with J.G. Wentworth after calling in from their tv ad and they offered me only $20, 000.00 for over $150, 000 in future payments. As I was in dire need for the money I went ahead and took the offer. 15 days after they filed my paperwork I was contacted by a Structured Settlement broker by the name of Michael Davis. He explained to...

T
8:47 am

J.G. Wentworth - customer relations

I contracted with JG Wentworth several years ago agreeing that my annuity would be sent to them from METLIFE in return for a set amount of cash at the start date and then the payments would return to me at the end of the contract. It was nearly impossible getting them to send a letter to METLIFE releasing me from the contract and returning the annuity back to my name. They sent a letter to METLIFE informing them that the payment sould return to me. I checked with METLIFE and they stated that the annuity payments would be placed in my checking account, but the actual owner of the annuity stayed in JG Wentworths name. I called JG Wentworth and spoke to a young male by the name of Chris W. . I requested that they send METLIFE a letter stating that my contract with JG Wenworth was fulfilled and the ownership of the annuity was now in my name. Chris W. stated that he sent METLIFE the letter, but METLIFE stated that they never received the letter. I called back at least 10 times and asked Chris W. to please send the letter. Chris W. was the very worst customer support person I have ever dealt with. He was rude and arrogant. I was treated with total disrespect. After speaking with METLIFE customer service agent, Rita L. she was able to get JG Wentworth to send the necessary paperwork, Rita L. was wonderful. Prior to having this problem I would have dealt with JG Wentworth, but never again. I believe they want to keep the annuity in their name because it's a lot easier for them if you want to sell the annuity to them at a later date, shame on them!

S
Mar 14, 2014 9:15 am

Only suckers agree to viatical settlements...you got what you deserved, "Thomas Augustine."

7:25 pm

J.G. Wentworth - Confusion? Or lack of effort?

Jg wentworth has promised so much and given nothing. The paperwork was sent to us next day, fedex, filled it all out n sent it back. The little man we dealt with was so helpful up until that point. Sent us a 250$ discover card with nothing on it. Because he lost paperwork, (And never called to tell me he lost it) it hasn't been funded. I call and call but he hasn't been to work in a week. Promised us a advance on our settlement and, wouldn't you know, more paperwork I was not informed about. The guy I spoke to today, cause little man went home early again today, says it must be a confusing mistake. No it's lack of effort! My court date is 2 months after the first date I called. I pray the cancellation process is faster then everything else i've been through but i'm willing to wait! I would compare it to putting your money and paperwork in the hands of a 14 yr old. Actually I know more 14yr olds with responsibility then this god awful company! I take full responsibility because all the research I did said this is how this company works. Kickin myself in the butt for not listening!

10:34 am

J.G. Wentworth - late payments

this company does all it can do to get your business. once they get your business on a partial selling of your annuity they are constantly late on sending out the remaining portion to your account. they tell you they havent got the check from them company when the check has been sent to them weeks before. they make millions in interest if they do this to everyone. bad mistake doing business with this company, cute commercials but it ends there.

3 comments
Feb 18, 2013 7:07 pm

I agree wholeheartedly! DO NOT do business with them. They will first come across as SO helpful but will lose paperwork, not call you back, etc. do your research and go with a company that has never filed bankruptcy! They have no problem lying to you over and over! This place disgusts me! I pray the cancellation process goes more smoothly then the selling process!

Feb 07, 2013 3:14 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

In addition...I am posting their lack of business ethics on every social media site available to mankind. I don't want anyone to make the same mistake I did.

Feb 07, 2013 3:08 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yes. They are trying to tell me that they have NOT received a payment that was mailed 10 days ago. Plus, everyone you talk to is RUDE and tells you a different story. They say they have contacted the annuity company, but they annuity company hasn't heard from anyone. The absolute worst company I have ever dealt with. It will cost me to have my lawyer follow up on their lack of business ethics. I will be so glad when I no longer have to deal with these idiots.

C
10:56 am

J.G. Wentworth - professional liars

These crooks called me a month after I did a transaction to see if I wanted to here more options so to be curious I did and signed paper work and all. Well after recieving paprwork those lying idiots kept coming up with excuss why my transaction wouldn't be approved and kept putting things on me as if I "called and begged them" I caught one of their so called sales agents in so many lies you would need a paddle with all that mess that was coming out of her butt. This company needs to go down...

T
Feb 16, 2016 5:34 pm

I was approached by JG Wentworth, but after investigating them realized that they are unethical at best, outright criminals at worst. Had to put my phone on the 'do not call' registry, but they continued to bother me even after being told that the annuity I was receiving was no longer valid. I moved out of state but they immediately got my new address and phone and began harassing me again, as well as filling my mailbox with endless junk mail. They must be incredibly desperate to waste time on a dead end. These people need to be brought up on charges. A simple search of the name brings up endless complaints, so that shouldn't be too difficult for law enforcement to manage.

11:19 am

J.G. Wentworth - slow in refunding annuity payment

Dragging out payment of my annuity.

I had requested to cash my annuity from J G Wentworth but after 30-45 days we were not able to complete because of tax consequences. Well that was at the beginning of July. It took a week for Wentworth to notify the annuity holder. So my August payment was made to Wentworth ! The Check was cashed by J G Wentworth August 1st and I still have not received my fund from them all I get is a response that customer service is looking into it and they will refund the fund to me.

These funds may not mean much to them but it is to me. I am running short on funds ! this could mean utilities or food to me this company sadly was going to be my relief instead it has now become a disaster.

G
Aug 24, 2012 12:31 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

J G wentworth has resolved my complaint. They called and were very professional and apologetic,
there had been an accounting error. I received my refund this morning via federal express. I am left with a good opinion of the staff they have redeemed themselves. thank you Gloria Castaneda

G
12:09 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I applied to get cash for my annuity and after 30- 45 day found out it was not possible because of tax consquences. Well I had my request to J G Wentworth cancelled. They took a week just to send request back to annuity holding company so they received my July 30th Payment. They cashed the check from my annuity Co.August 1st and they have not sent me my...

8:20 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was wondering how easy it is for JG Wentworth to make billions of dollars from structured settlements mostly from individuals who have been disabled and hurt in accidents. Could it be these people are medicated up and not in their right mind? That would be pretty smart of them to come up with that idea. JG Wentworth has a clause in their long contract...

W
12:28 pm

J.G. Wentworth - No christmas for 16 kids

CAUTION this company is not to be trusted my Attorney had me RECORD all my conversations with them for a report to the Security Exchange Commission if necessary and it looks like it's necessary. This is a brief synopsis I own a construction company and make around $20K a month in this crazy economic nightmare I have 11 men who have worked hard all year and kept things going as best they could for the last 3 mos I have been on my back. I was rear-ended at 65 mph by a sleepy driver while stopped in turn lane clear liability. I had to have an advance on my $250K settlement of $15000 for CHRISTMAS BONUSES and a few other small expenses until I return to work in Jan. J G Wentworth took all the info and said with this amount of medicals they could help me even though I had no surgeries from accident I said if you can't do this tell me now because I have to pay the attorney $200 to fill out the paper work and secure the med records etc again no problem. I then received a call from a company Global Funding the next day one of Wentworths "lenders" there phone # was also given to me on the initial report if I don't hear from any one call Global. So this makes me think it's there only funding source. They wanted by banking info to wire my money I was approved for I asked what the total was they said U have been approved on Dec 22 $500.00 not $15000 after
I pulled myself together and realized that my Employees and there 16 Kids would have no CHRISTMAS I asked why was I deceived into thinking I would get the money I was told the Mgt review said my case was going to settle to soon in approx 4 to 12 mos that meant they could only extract interest for a 6 or 12 month period. Now it's 2 days before CHRISTMAS and J G Wentworth has destroyed the Santa for 16 Kids if they had been honest from the start I could have gone to the bank but it would have taken 2 days longer but I would have had my money. RECORD RECORD RECORD in the state of Ala at least it's ok for one person to record and not tell after all the record for training purposes ha.

Update by W L G
Dec 31, 2011 4:28 pm

Your right except that 2 of the 3 empl of JG Wentworth said before I ever talked to Global funding if all my info was correct and the Attorney filled out the paper work I would be funded in 2 days or less. None of these claims were made by Global until they called with the 500 offer after I had to pay 200 for Atty fee no mention of the 15000.00 as originally discussed. Like I said they did this because I would recover from most injuries in 6 mos BUT had they signed me up they would have found the brain injury would be 2 years or more. There loss but I know I'm better off now without them I just went to Bk and borrowed more $ on my paid for Lotus better than there compounded interest rate. I saved all our conversations jus in case some one files a class action suit. If evere I need this again I'll try Peachtree they look legit thanks for the info.

5 comments
Sep 23, 2015 10:27 pm

Once you make an inquiry you will never be rid of them. Even long after you have collected all of the money from your contract. I checked with them one time, said no thank you and these PEOPLE are sending checks through the mail, now 3 years after I emailed, and called to tell them I do not want you junk mail, no annuity and they never stop, , just Bullies

M
Jan 02, 2012 12:46 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

That was really dumb to think you won $2 million in the first place. A fool is born every minute

F
Dec 26, 2011 11:18 pm

I did some more checking and this gets more complicated. It seems there is a J g Wentworth in the pre-funding business (see facebook) but I do not think this is a legitimate business. So, you may be the victim of some type of fraud. The real JG Wentworth is the market leader in purchasing structured settlements, they have a reputation for very good customer service - but they are not in the pre-funding business. JG Wentworth acts like a broker and uses a network of companies to fund pre-settlement transactions. Apparently they are good at getting deals funded but slow. Good Luck and make sure you are dealing with a legitimate business. Like I said you should call Peachtree or maybe Oasis.

F
Dec 24, 2011 1:36 pm

Dummy - JG Wentworth isn't in the litigation pre-funding business - read their webiste. All they do is send your information to another funding company since they get lots of calls from al their TV ads. Do your homework and call Oasis or Peachtree directly.

L
8:54 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Two weeks ago I called JG Wentworth to apply for a advance against a pending lawsuit that I have. Since my first initial phonecall to the company not one person has had the decency to call or e-mail me back. I have not been kept in the loop as to what is going on as far as my application is concerned. I have sent electronic messages to their customer...

J.G. Wentworth contacts