Having problems with Jetstar Airways?

131 538 (Australia)
1866 397 8170 (United States)
1803 852 9779 (Indonesia)
1800 813 090 (Malaysia)
1800 1611 0280 (Philippines)
1800 611 2957 (Thailand)
+61 396 455 999 (Australia & International)
+855 23 220 909 (Cambodia, Phnom Penh)
+855 63 964 388 (Cambodia, Siem Reap)
+852 31 927 451 (Hong Kong)
+62 803 852 9779 (Indonesia)
+64 99 759 426 (New Zealand)
+65 64 999 702 (Singapore)
+66 22 675 125 (Thailand)
+84 835 473 550 (Vietnam)
+84 862 878 550 (Vietnam)
Level 4, 222 Bourke Street
Melbourne, Victoria
Australia - 3000
Postal Address
PO Box 4713, Melbourne, VIC 3001, Australia

Japan
Narita Operation Centre 3F, Narita International Airport, Narita, Chiba, 282-0004, Japan

Singapore
Singapore Changi Airport T1, PO Box 323, Singapore 918144

Vietnam
112 Hong Ha, Ward 12, Tan Binh Dist. Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Complaints & Reviews

Jetstar — terrible baggage claim services

My family and I were traveling from Singapore to Jakarta on Jan 8th, 2016. We brought 4 checked-in baggage...

Jetstar5 bags lost on honolulu to sydney jetstar flight 31/01/2015

We went to Hawaii at Christmas for a family holiday with 3 kids. On the way back, Jetstar lost 5 out of 7 checked bags!!! How can you loose 5 bags (20 kilos each!!!)? So far, they have No idea of where our bags are!!! Talk about airport security??? There seems to be absolutely NO check bag security even a US airport!!! We bought Qantas tickets and were put on a Jetstar flight for part of the return trip. What a mistake!

Jetstarbooking system failure

I recently used Jetstar's online booking system to book flights for my partner and I away to Adelaide. I selected entertainment packages for myself and my partner on all flights and opted out of all charity donations as I don't donate to charities that I am not personally involved in. I checked the summary of my booking before paying 3 times to ensure that I included everything and made the payment. Upon receipt of the itinerary, I found that the system had removed my entertainment packages and added donations to my booking. I spoke to a customer service representative: "Fatima" who advised me that they would not refund the donations even though I specifically opted out of all of the ones that they include by default on the bookings (which in itself is unprofessional. It is a personal choice to donate to charities and should not be a default option on anything). Extremely disappointed at the service received and the experience encountered.
    This will be my first and last experience with the incompetent and unprofessional airline. I urge anyone thinking about using them to use another airline. They appear cheaper but when you add on the "optional extras" like baggage and find that they charge you "seat fees" (this by the way is included in every other airline's fare price) they aren't competitive.

Jetstarcancelled flight

Our flight from Sydney to Honolulu was cancelled after standing in line for 3 hrs. Tired frustrated customers then had to be insulted by the Jetstar spokesman who simply kept reiterating that any costs involved in missed forward flights, accommodation etc were our fault if we had not taken out travel insurance – he likened it to hiring a car. I researched 5 different travel insurance providers and none would insure against an airline cancelling their own flight only against weather. Jetstar did not reply to my query as to whether our flight was cancelled due to engineering problems and if so why wasn’t another aircraft provided or due to an unfilled flight which several passengers had been told was the reason.
      Jetstar did offer $60 vouchers with an expiry date of 6 months – I asked if these could be transferred or extended as we did not intend to travel in that period and of course the response was no.
      The cancelled flight caused many passengers grief, in our case it set the stage for a nightmare 5 days of missed ongoing flights with huge rebooking fees (being Easter it was a nightmare getting seats on flights), missed hire car bookings, missed hotel and car hire, lost luggage meaning the same clothes for 5 days. Jetstar customer service analyst response “Section 9.1 of our Conditions of Carriage does state that flight times do not form part of your contract of carriage with us. This information is available on our website and you agreed to it when you made your booking. As such I'm unable to change my position with this matter.
      Jetstar is not a “cheap” airline in fact there are times it is more expensive than Qantas and Virgin – we booked Jetstar because it fitted in with our dates. United Airlines and Delta Airlines were both involved in our 5 missed flights and both were amazingly helpful in getting us from Honolulu to New York and even changed our flight for the second time without charge – why can’t Jetstar treat its passengers with the same consideration.
      Jetstar get into the real world and offer your customers service and if you mess up make it right, your customers should not have to be out of pocket by over $1, 000 for your mistake.

Jetstar — unable to book on line

Jetstar had a special fare to Hawaii on 20/02/2015 to the 23/02/2014. I have been trying to book this fare...

Sydney

Jetstardelayed flight.

Jetstar flight 3k 557 had a mechanical failure. Jetstar held passengers in the plane for the first hour. Then released us all to the secure gate hold room. After some time the ground staff informed us to go report to the other side of the terminal. Walk from gate d 47 to transfer counter C. This is quite a distance. Once arriving at the transfer counter we found it was not staffed to manage any incidents with only one sister service person there. Waited another 15 minutes to be informed there was no need to be there just go back to gate room.

Those of us with connecting flights asked what is to happen with our connecting flights. Jetstar staff informed us don't worry that is someone else's problem

It is extremely disappointing that no one is prepared, coordinated, nor do they take ownership to assist passengers and put their minds at ease.

You can be assured changi airport group would take an all hands on deck approach if this was happening arround the global airport surveys that take place. Unfortunately this was not happening today. Customer service will have to wait for the next global customer satisfaction survey to take place.

Jetstarbad service

on 14 June morning, we, people of 5, group web check in to bangkok under jetstar, the counter lady didn't provide us with a boarding pass, instead, she just give us a chop on 1 of the itinerary paper saying 1 paper can represent 5 pax. We didn't ask much so we just walk off. After eating our breakfast, all of us when in to clear the custom. got in through 1st officer, when to auto scan our passport, then came this Filipino officer, stop 1 of my friend saying(with a very rude attitude) she do not have a boarding pass, therefore she can't get through & ask her to go back to jetstar counter to get the pass, so she went back bringing the counter lady to explain. the officer still using a very rude attitude to talk with the counter lady. In the end, the lady have to issue a boarding pass. We are very pissed off with this situation when this shouldn't have happen. Wasted alot of time there & we almost late to chase the plane.

Jetstarrude/hostile check-in staff

Jetstar ruins the
            start of our trip and reduces my wife to tears

Friday the 14th March we arrived at Darwin
            Airport three hours before the flight to Singapore, then on to Bangkok, was due
            to depart.

We make the trip to Thailand every 8 – 10 weeks, either from
            Perth or Darwin depending on where I have been working.

There were three check-in counters open, none of which had
            passengers. We approached the closest one, the attendant was having a chit chat
            with his friend. After unloading our 40kg of baggage, he said “Oh, next counter
            please” pointing to the service desk, and carried on his chit chat. We dragged
            the bags to the next counter.

At the service desk, I asked the lady to book the bags
            through to Bangkok, so we did not need to go through customs etc in Singapore.

She processed my wife’s documents then started on mine.
            After a few moments, she said “Where is your ticket for the onward flight?” I
            said, “What do you mean, there is no ongoing flight until I accept another
            contract in Australia and return”.

She said “I cannot check you in without an ongoing flight,
            that’s all there is to it, the answer is no”

She folded everything
            back up and put my passport and ticket back on the top of the counter, looking
            behind me for the next passenger.

I said “I have been flying in and out of Thailand like this for over ten years and no one has
            ever asked me that question.

She said, Well I don’t know about that. I am not checking
            you in without an ongoing flight.”

I was bewildered. I couldn’t understand the rationale for
            this, and her attitude was extremely hostile, without cause and becoming more
            so. Her body language was equally
            aggressive, arms folded, lips pursed and glaring at me.

I remained polite.

Then, out of the blue, she said “Do you have a residence
            card for Thailand ? (which doesn’t exist
            by the way)

I said I have a long stay visa in my passport which allows
            me to come and go as often as I like, and stay for as long as I like. It’s in
            the passport I just gave you.

I showed it to her, and
            she marched off to see her supervisor. She was back within seconds, not looking
            at me, red faced with an even higher appearance of aggression. She slammed the
            passport and ticket back on her desk, and without saying a word, issued the
            boarding passes and slammed them on to the counter top. I said “So it’s ok now is it?”

She said “Well you didn’t tell me you had that type of visa”

I said “You didn’t ask me, and no one ever has, and you
            shouldn’t frighten people like that”

She said, “In future, tell the check in staff you have a
            long stay visa”

Then she started on my wife, who is Thai but also has
            Australian residency.

Now I fully understand the need for people occupying
            emergency row seats (which I had paid for) to have a decent command of the
            English language, but she had already spoken to my wife asking did she have any
            lighters, flammable liquids etc., and she replied appropriately, did she pack
            the bag herself etc etc. My wife’s English is not perfect, but it is perfectly
            functional for the task in hand. Then she started to quiz her, and told me to
            be quiet and not answer any questions. (That’s what she said!!) She clearly had my wife in her sights, after
            being humiliated by her inappropriate and incorrect actions towards myself.

By now, my wife was starting to get tearful, and by the time
            we left the counter, she was quite distressed.

So thank’s, Jetstar,
            for ruining the start of our holiday.

At least we take comfort in the fact that I will never board
            a Jetstar or Qantas aircraft again, and I wonder if Qantas have started sacking
            the wrong sector of their employees. Your competitors on these routes, in
            particular Air Asia, have got you beat on customer service hands down.

Given that we fly from Australia and back at least five
            times a year, for the two of us that’s a total of 40 flights, I hope you can
            afford to lose business like that. (Two sectors per journey, 10 journeys x 2
            passengers = 40).

As we left the counter, it was obvious that she realized that
            she had overstepped the mark, and tried to be friendly. Too late, I was already
            seething and planning what would be in my letter to her superiors and to anyone
            who will listen.

Jetstarfees and charges

On 25/11 or 26/11 I spoke to Jetstar about being able to change the name on a booking, I was informed it would be $40 ea journey, fair enough $80. However today 3/12 I was now told this would be $300 for the same flight (with the exception that Jetstar had altered the returned trip times, are they giving us some money?) I believe this is immoral as the flight is the same only the name is changing. This will definitely make me think who I fly with in the future. #jetstar #jetsux #jettison

Jetstarencounter with rude employee

It is with regret and dismay that I find myself having to send this email on behalf of myself and 3 other passengers who travelled on your airline yesterday. Regret, that we were subjected to the rudeness and abruptness of one of your frontline employees, and dismay, that someone of her calibre is representing your company.

Her name is Karen. As we were approaching your check in, she announced that the gates were now open for passengers travelling to Perth and Sydney. As I was already there, having waited for 2 hours with my children in a coffee shop, as we had already flown from Launceston, I was very rudely told to "stay to one side to allow for other passengers who had been waiting for hours."
                I didn't even bother to explain to her that I too had had a long journey travelling from Wynyard at 6am to depart from Launceston at 9.50, arriving in Melbourne 10.50, waiting the 2 hours and 20 minutes before the allowed 2 hours prior to departure. It wasn't the fact of allowing other passengers to pass me by that firstly upset me, but the fact that she assumed I had just arrived and the way in which she spoke to me.
                The next problem was, an elderly couple in front of me became confused and disorientated with the check in process, with the elderly gent placing his bag down and sitting on it briefly, holding up the queue. Then I heard Karen bark from behind us, "what's going on up there, keep moving". It had been my intention to help the couple, I had asked if they were alright but was kept moving with the urgency of her bark. Another male passenger behind me in the queue had told me that he had encountered her before and that she was always this rude and aggressive. I believe he complained about her to one of your male managers just after that.
                I asked another of your employees, a brunette female what her name was. She asked why, so I told her that never before had I encountered such rude behaviour from airline staff. Her response was, "Don't take it personally, we're just under a lot of stress." I told her that I do take it personally being a paying customer and that I would indeed be making a complaint.
                Karen then proceeded in giving me filthy looks for the rest of my time in line. Karen was then moved to the baggage check in, which under no circumstance was I going to be confronted by her again, letting another passenger go before me to avoid this.

I am incredulous to the fact that so much money is spent on advertising, and yet being confronted with such a negative exchange, only sours the whole Jetstar experience.
                I too work in the customer service industry and have done so in varying roles over the past 35 years. Never, would I behave in such a manner as to tarnish the image of the company I worked for as Karen did yesterday.
                Perhaps Karen would benefit from further customer service training or placed in a position where the paying customer is not subjected to her hostility.

My booking reference number is DEBEMX if you should need validation of my flight information.

Regards,

Helen McAlister

Jetstarchange of detail

I booked a cheap flight for two to auckland as a gift and later found out that it was the incorrect name for one of the passangers as i was going off a nickname at the time but got the actual name wrong, so called up jetstar customer service to get the name changed to the correct one. They told me they needed a new seat as that one will be gone. (Where i want to know as that person is the same person just a different name i wasn't adding another person just changing the existing one.) she later went on to say that it would cost an extra $80 to do so. That is more than the flight cost to start with. Wtf right!
                  Whlie i proceeded to tell her this the cost went up another $20, so in the end she wanted to charge me a total of $100. It only costs $50 to get a flight change. Why so expensive to correct a name! I told her it will be cheaper to get a new id. And to forget about it! I will talk to someone higher. Turns out there is no one higher and no one there will hear my plea. Why so expensive!!!

Jetstarnot honoring travel conditions - baggage

I booked my tickets To sydney from perth and return on jetstar airways. The tickects were for a family of four (four full fare tickets). As per the terms of tickets, we were allowed to carry upto 10 Kg of baggage (each) with maximum dimension of 56cmx36cmx23cm.And maximum two pieces of baggage per person, one big and one small.
                    We four had two amierican tourister trolley bags of dimension 53cmx36cmx20cm, weighing 9kg and 8.5 kg, baby stroller and a laptop in bag. At the gate when entering flight, the flight attendent on JQ985 on 23rd january, felt by visual inspection felt that both my bags are too big. She was too rude when I asked to her to measure the dimensions and check and flight was too late and too many people ln que behind me. So i did not argue further. My baggage was taken and mishandled and my baggage was returned in sydney after two days and me and my family (with two kids) were forced to spend two full days without extra pair of cloths. Strangley enough, same bags were allowed into the flight without much fuss after they verified the size on my return journey. They refused to measure the dimensions of my bag while going to sydney.

This over all spoiled by entire holidays. I had to go twice to airport to collect my bags too.

Jetstarflight cacellation

I booked jetstar flight to fly from Melbourne to New zealand. i arrived at the airport and the flight was cacelled, the rep told us to stay at a designated hotel. The next day, I took a taxi to go back to airport. when i submit expense reimbursement including the round trip taxi to/from airport. they rejected to reimburse the taxi from hotel back to airport. I asked about another customer who took the same flights, their taxi are reimbursed.

This is discrimation. I've called the customer service, they are very rude, won't allow me to talk to their manager.

no more jetstar, and be careful when you book jetstar

Jetstarbad customer service

Hi my name is Claudia, I am very angry about how I have been treated by Jet star customer services.
                        My husband and myself booked a ticket to the Gold Coast on the 5th November 2012, and due to us arriving late, because an bereavement in the family we missed our flight, I was told at thee front desk theat if we wish to travel we had to rebook, so we did. The next booking I made was for thee 12th November a week later. This booking was made on thee 6the November 2012, however due to a computer failure I wasn't able to proceed to make a payment, I went back to the booking and found it was still sitting on my booking. So what I did I went into Internet banking with details that I had from the booking I made on the 5th November I made an automatic payment to Jet star. The next day I followed this up phone call to customer services at Jet star, they informed me theat I needed to send a copy of the Bank Statement, which I promptly did, a few minutes later I received a text that they had received the information and gave me a reference number CAS-675420-MS3VPF and theat it will be dealt withe in 15 days unless I was travelling with in 72 hours and that I had to contact service immediately. I was told to give them 48 hour and that it would be sorted. I never heard anything so I phoned back and was told that they would be in touch within the day, still nothing has been done.
                        My husband and I phoned again on thee 10th November and a this stage I was getting very upset because time for departure was getting closer, we were informed that it was very unlikely that we would be travelling on Monday, now this isn't good enough we have already booked our return ticket from Australia with another company on the 19th November and we are also going lose this money. The reason we will not buy another ticket, is because they won't honour the first ticket that we paid for why should we pay again. The only thing we want is for someone to take responsibility and give us the holiday that we booked for.

• Ni
                            NICHOLAS LSF Feb 07, 2011

I am wondering what is "Customer Service" to Jetstar nowadays. I have been waited for more than 3 working days as promised by the manager of Contact Centre that someone from the Customer Service Unit will call me back. However when someone called me back today (Since 11 Jan 2011 till today - 7 Feb 2011), he can't even solve my issues and also refused to let me speak to someone higher. To him, he is the highest point of contact and insisted that he can't transfer call nor getting anyone else to call me. The worst part - HE HANG UP MY LINE AS HE CAN"T HANDLE ME AT ALL.

I doubt that Jetstar's higher management know about such bad conduct of their customer service executive, manager as well as their so call CUSTOMER SERVICE UNIT!

I urge that someone from the highest management to review their calls and call me back urgently. The customer service executive, manager & the so call CUSTOMER SERVICE UNIT promised that their calls were being recorded but when the guy called me back today, he told me "UNFORTUNEATELY THEIR CALLS NOT BEING RECORDED".

Andrew @ Jetstar Feb 11, 2011

Hi Nicholas, Sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please provide your details here http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/contact-us/feedback-form.aspx so we can investigate further. Thanks, Jetstar.

• Ci
                            cindyZ2012 Nov 25, 2012

did they contact you? i have a similar situation and jetstar is just ignoring me

• Mi
                            Missg_79 Feb 15, 2013

I booked a cheap flight for two to Auckland as a Gift and later found out that it was the incorrect name for one of the passangers as I was going off a nickname at the time but got the actual name wrong, So called up Jetstar customer service to get the name changed to the correct one. they told me they needed a new seat as that one will be gone. (Where I want to know as that person is the same person just a different name I wasn't adding another person just changing the existing one.) she later went on to say that it would cost an extra $80 to do so. That is more than the flight cost to start with. WTF Right!
                            Whlie I proceeded to tell her this the cost went up another $20, so in the end she wanted to charge me a total of $100. It only costs $50 to get a flight change. Why so expensive to correct a name! I told her it will be cheaper to get a new ID. and to forget about it! I will talk to someone higher. Turns out there is no one higher and no one there will hear my plea. Why so expensive!!! I mean they changed the booking to and earlier one anyway I wasn't subsidised for that! and now they want to charge so much for my request, and if I cancel to go to Air NZ I get nothing in return anyway!!

• Ou
                            outragedstar Jul 02, 2013

They always say they will call you back… they never do you email… . They say to call… you call they say they will call you back… .

• De
                            Dennis Aseervatham Feb 23, 2014

For the past six years i am flying with jet star but this time when i and my family came to Singapore, and waited at the airport for nearly eight hours to catch the JQ62 plane at 10.20pm.as my kids were hungry we went to have some food and came to the counter at 9.25pm, when we came there for all of us surprise the counters were closed, so we went to the information counter and told them what happend to us, the lady there tried her best and called Mr Fredie but he refuse to board us in to the plane. so we waited at the airport the whole night and the next day we had bought our tickets again and come to Australia.so the next day we were near the boarding gates we saw people coming at 10.00pm also to board on the plane.why are you all doing this to some people and not for every one, i am Dennis and my email address is [protected]@gmail.com, because of this i missed a important meeting as well as my money .

Jetstar — not understanding text message sent

I received text from jetstar to my mobile. which told me from 1st Nov. that domestic flights were departing...

Jetstarflights to bali

Dear JETSTAR this was the 2nd time i have used your airline and i can tell you i am not HAPPY the first time was 4 years ago when i was flying to BALI the 2nd time was in August the is year with my 71 year old mother myself my husband my son & his girlfriend as my husband is from Bali and we go BALI twice a year well this time was no better then the one i had four years ago ... this flight was BAD BAD my mother is 71 years old and every time we travel we get ### passage for her well that was not to be there was no one to help her we had to get a wheelchair our self and push her around to get our flight this is not a good way to start your holiday, the 2nd thing i was made to pay extra for our seats to be together for the 5 of us and we already had our set numbers when it come time to board our seats we not the ones i had paid for if you are happy to take extra money from me we should of had our seats we paid for but NO also going over on the flight on the 10the August we had order our meals when the flight att came round we were told that we had to pay with credit card for drinks and meals as we do not carry cards we were told sorry no CASH and that if we wanted a drink to get some water from the tape near the toilet this is not away you think you will be treated on a flight to be told that if you want a drink get it from the tape we mite as well trank from the toilet we also couldn't even get head phones to watch the move we got no help at all from your staff and i also told them on the flight that my motheer has asst passage again no help when we were getting off the flight in BALI OUR FLIGHT WAS JQ37 going over, , , After carming down and enjoying our stay in BALI i had made a phone call to your customer service office from Bali on the 22nd August about the flight going over i was on the phone for 45 mins triying to get some since or seeing what could be done my mother & myself my son & his girlfriend were flying home on the 31st August on flight JQ38 myself & my mother were on your business class seats when i spoke to you on the 22nd August i was told that my son & his girlfriend would we upgraded to business as well so getting to the check in counter we checked in IN businesse class with my son Grant & his girlfriend Kate thinking all was OK with our seats but NO once again no asst agent pass for my mother and once we got on your flight we were told my son Grant & Kate were down the back of the plane where do you get off treating people like this i no your flights are cheap but to be just over looked not once but twice on your flights it puts a bad taste in my mouth with getting on any of your flights again so i am asking you to fix this up and return our money for the seats that i did not get that i was told i had to pay for to sit together and for the flights and to think that you talk about all your need will be met what a lot of bull i would not fly with your airline again until you take care of all of your customers old & young . i would like a call on this matter with some thing that you can do for us not just me but for the 5 of us thanks vikkie Rasyid confirmation E86JRZ

Jetstarbooking software deficiencies

Is it possible for the online software used for booking multiple plane flights use the same credit card details (programming focus point)to alert the customer that there is insufficient time to make a satisfactory transfer? The fine print mentions the time expectation to make a satisfactory transfer, however the customer should also be alerted when they make multiple bookings using the same required credit card to highlight the perceived problem/complication which are likely to eventuate. If you make seperate flight bookings the online booking software does not alert the customer of the problem. You end up finding out the hard way half way through a two flight trip. Can anything be done to improve customer satisfaction?

Glen King

Jetstarcharged 4 enquiries of 1x suit case

Hi my names deborah waho or known as debbie on wensday 26/06/2012 we had a flight from wellington to auckland/auckland/christchurch but at the jetstar check in desk wellington I asked about checking on my bag I knew that it would cost around $20 but when I used my efftpos card she charged me $100 and then she told me oh I charged you $100 and when you get to auckland you have to pay $100 again I then said to her that you should of told me that or I wouldnt of done this she never explained anything befor the transaction was done or else I wouldnt let this happen so I get told to ring jetstar and explain this to them all they said is it takes 2 or 3 days to reverse the money I still aint got the money and im sure I aint getting it we were also charged extra for tickets as we were told our flight was to leave auckland 1, 45pm wensday I thought ok so we never bothered checking our ticket until we got to the line at 1, 15pm and get told no the plane left at 12, 25 so that was extra $150 on top of our ticket we have been stressed out since all this has happen and on our return to christchurch we had been booked in 2 accommadation but cause we had been charged for extra tickets and bag that never went on the plan we have no accommadation no food no were to live and nothing I want answers and id like something soughted im going to take this further ill get a lawyer even go to the courts unhappy shopper my contacts is [protected] and id like to here from someone a

Jetstarcustomer service

I made bookings very early to guarantee our connecting flights will work for us. 8 weeks ahead of flights. The Air NZ one went ahead easily and confirmation came within the week. 10 days later I called Jetstar and they told me to wait. 5 days later I called again and was on the phone for two hours and was told, after giving my details over and over again to wait. Another week passed and I rang again, this time the woman cut me off after talking for 30 minutes. I left it as I was very angry. A week later I phoned and was told my booking had been cancelled. I yelled at the poor guy and refused to be put on hold until he had all my details plus flights and gave me a new reference number and total cost. Because of the wait and mistakes by Jetstar I had to pay an extra $300.00. I am not happy about this at all and will not use Jetstar again unless they reimburse me.

• Ka
                                    KateVonRock Jan 18, 2010

o Whom It May Concern,

On the 21/12/2009, Fight JQ743, I flew to Launceston, Tasmania for Christmas to see my family and had an unfortunate encounter with one of the flight attendants.

I was 7 months pregnant at the time and the last to board the plane. The air host had already begun talking to the other passengers and was in a hurry to get going. All fine with me. I requested the help of the closest flight attendant if she would mind assisting with my overhead carryon luggage as all the overhead compartments were full, I was very pregnant and I had a heavy bag.
                                    The airhostess sighed, moved some things around and walked off leaving me to put my bag in the tiny space she had created in the storage compartment. I assumed she had not heard my request correctly and I struggled to put my bag away.

When I sat in my seat the other passengers around were looking disgusted and told me that as she walked away she rolled her eyes at her workmate and had a dirty look on her face.
                                    Initially, I was happy to dismiss the incident as I thought perhaps she misheard or misunderstood my request for help but it turns out I was an inconvenience and despite my huge pregnant belly, not worth helping. The funny thing is, this occurred directly after the air host who was welcoming passengers, said to please ask if we should need anything at all! Well, I did and was treated terribly for my attempt.

As I got ready to leave the flight at landing, a nearby male passenger kindly retrieved my baggage and assisted me as required. The attendants made no move to assist.

I must admit that I was a bit hurt and disappointed at the customer service displayed during this flight. It did not wish me a Merry Christmas.

Kind Regards,
                                    Kate Von Rock

• Ku
                                    kuaile evon Dec 15, 2010

My relatives and i were booking our tickets through Jetstar website yesterday, we spent good wholed 4-5 hrs sitting in front of the pc just to book the tickets. The error message always pop up when we are making payments. It always state amount owing, and that amount was for insurance (Jetcover).

I called in again this afternoon when i faced the same problem while trying to do the booking online, then this customer service officer told me that there's something wrong with their system when the payment cant go through. In order to confirm that there was no deduction from the credit card, i asked him to check again. He told me the payment for air tickets have been approved which means the only air tickets are secured not insurance!! He referred me to contact the Insurance company regarding the insurance issue. I did so and at least on the insurance side, the CSO mentioned that, customers usually have no problems purchasing the Jetcover via Jetstar website. This CSO at Jetstar call centre is really ill-manned as he interrupted whenever i am talking just to argue that it's the insurance company's fault that my payment didn't go through and he even raised his voice!!! He simply refused to provide me with his name upon my request for several times. I had a really shocked when i heard that. Upon hearing that, i requested to speak to their supervisor or manager, as i am really very frustrated and upset about what happened yesterday and today. For goodness sake, this CSO told me, I am not fit and not in any position to speak to the superiors!!! So he refused to escalate my request.

I called in 10-15mins later after hanging up with that CSO from Jetstar. This time round, i was served by a very nice gentleman, who listened to my queries and concerns quietly. He only started talking after i finished with what i have to say and asked. He did a check for me and told me no air tickets are being paid and secured for my booking. He was also rather surprised that why the previous CSO mentioned that air tickets have been paid and seats are secured.

This is a real horrible experience with Jetstar, I have sent in a complaint letter but i seriously doubt they will reply. I wouldn't have chose Jetstar, if other airlines provide direct flight to where i am going. This shall be my first and last time going by Jetstar.

• Gr
                                    greatsite Mar 04, 2012

I went to change the date on one of my flights, but i couldn't do it on there web site it was not working properly, That was only the start of the problems, Before the flight date i was on the phone to the Philippine's from Australia as this is there call centre i arranged to have the flight changed but i didnt receive an itinerary confirming this, so i phoned them, they said the call never happened i now have to rebook a ticket and i have no way of receiving money back, This is what happens when we cant even ph an Australian number in Australia Jetstar are the worst ! I also have booked and paid for more leg room seats for flights that i have not received and they just send vouchers to travel on a certain time frame that they dictate, and say" to bad that happened" they do not reimburse financially i would not recommend Jetstar to anyone, pay a bit more fly another airline !!
                                    i

Jetstarteka davis 12 y/o abandond

My child Teka Davis was returning home on flight JQ974 on14 May12 she was travelling as an adult as she was 12years old. We had paid her ticket and given her age and DOB as part of the information required. Teka was put through the boarding gates and then out to the plane, but when she got to the plane's door she was asked for her high-school ID. At no time during any of the purchasing and boarding procedure were we told about this. Teka doesnt have a high-school card and was sent off the plane. The person who had dropped her off was just about to leave the airport but noticed that there was someone coming back. Had he not been attentive my child would have been stuck at an airport in a foreign state because the aircrew didnt want the problem of looking after a young child. They failed their duty of care for such a young girl. As a bus driver for the government of western australia I would be sacked if I left a 12 y/o at a bus station for not having a sdudent pass and yet these staff were diong this at a domestic airport 3000km from home. This could have ended up as a life threatening situation