JCPenneyfurniture purchased online and delivery

J

I ordered a set of bedroom furniture (manufactured by Ashley) on line on April 26, 2017 for my mom. The set includes one night stand, one dresser with mirror and the matching drawer chest. The order number was [protected]. In a week of so, I received the call from the delivery service MSD group to schedule delivery. On the delivery day, everything in this set was here except the mirror on the dresser. I was told by the delivery group that the vendor sent another night stand instead. A couple of days later, I got a call from JCPenny, telling me that I would need to cancel the original order and place a new order for the mirror. So she refunded me for the mirror in the initial order and placed another order for mirror with the order number [protected]. A couple of days later, I got a call from the delivery service MSD, telling me that the vendor sent out the night stand again. So I contacted JCPenny furniture delivery regarding the order and was told that the order will be shipped in a few days. Meanwhile, three weeks past and no one contacted me regarding the mirror order. By now it is the end of May. I called JC Penny again and was told that the mirror was sent to the delivery service but was broken. I was obviously kept in the dark and because no new order was placed, of course, no mirror would be delivered. So, the call center floor supervisor helped me placed another order for the mirror with the order number [protected]. Three days later, I got a automatic phone call from MSD to schedule the delivery. However, in the morning on the day of scheduled delivery, I got another call from MSD, telling me that they could not make the delivery because the vendor sent out the night stand again. By now, I have spent a total of over five hours over the phone with JCPenny (including putting on hold time) trying to solve a seemingly very simple issue. Now it's June 21, the issue still has not resolved. Now I really do not want the mirror any more but I got stuck with a set of furniture without the matching mirror. I would really appreciate for JCPenny to take the initiative to solve this mess with its own vendors, not at a paying customer's cost.

• Ti
    TiffanyLee Jun 19, 2021

My husband and I bought a Sealy Posturpedic Evanston Plush Pillow box sping and mattress set on 3/23/2021. The set was delivered about a month later. A man and woman set the items on the front deck and left, didn't give me a chance to even look at what we were getting. I took the 2 items into my house and tore off the dirty plastic. The box springs was damaged, it looked like it had a burn mark on the top and the lining on the bottom was not even attached. I called JC Penny's to complain about the damaged box springs, I was told that someone would call me to schedule a pick up of the box springs so a new order could be made. I waited a while, no one called, I called back and the same thing was said, I was even given a case number. We slept on the new mattress for 2 months, I kept waking up stiff and sore, I was blaming my pain on my job. I did an experiment, per say, I slept on my side, I had severe hip pain, I slept on my stomach my lower back, shoulders and arms hurt. I am only 48 years old and in good shape I should not feel this bad. I called JC Penney again this morning and told the woman how bad my experience was with the company and the bed. I told her I had placed an order with them to pick up the box springs and now I want them to take the mattress too. She told me the only way they would take our set back, we had to pay $97.50 for them to pick up the mattress and we had to order another bed set from them at the same price as the set we had. She wanted me to order another set right away, she said I could order by reading the description if the display model wasn't available. I told her I wasn't going to order another bed set from JC Penney I would just pay this one off and go buy another set at a different store and burn the one I have. I am done with JC Penney, not buying anything else there ever again. Horrible experience.