JC Pennysrude manager

S

This is the second problem I have had with the manager at the mall store, jc pennys in louisville, mens department. The first incident happened right after christmas when I was returning 2 pair of jeans. I returned the jeans without a receipt and was credited the sales amount which was fair. After walking around the mall I found the receipt and returned to the clothing department to get the transaction reversed. I picked up 2 pair of jeans and wanted an even exchange. They were busy, my 2 sons, 16 and 20 were with me and I approached the counter and the sales clerk didnt understand what I was trying to do, so the manager around 60, short hair was on register next to here, and said we can't do that and kept on ringing, so I explained to here I just wanted to cancel the gift card which the first return was put on and exchange the 2 pair I brought in for 2 more pair even exchange. She the manager got very agitated not wanting to help the associate and screams out with around 10 customers around "just give it to him". This was kinda funny, because now this a running joke around the house. I was not amused by this sort of customer service, being a retail manager for 15 years.
Second incident was thur. Aug. 19, I went in to purchase some pants. I approached the desk and rob sales associate was having a problem with a 10 coupon with the customer in front of me. There was one other associate in register bay and then the manager walked in the same one I had a bad experience before. She says to him just key in the number. He struggles for about 3 more minutes I am still patiently waiting the sales assoicate and manager are just talking in the register bay, then she yells next. I assume she is talking to me since I am the only one standing there, rob is still struggling with the coupon and she offers no help. I approach the counter with 2 pairs of pants totaling 52 dollars I have the 10 coupon, but my wife cut off the bar code.
She says can't use it no bar code. I said just use one from the other register they are not specific to the household. No I told you we can't do that. Same manager, rude and don't care about the customer or the associate. 15 years of retail management experience big box, and 10 years hospital management and have never encountered an individual as rude as she is. 30 year pennys shopper, will never return.

Scott v. Imhof
Louisville ky.

• Wi
    william Brown Jul 13, 2008

Some one is taking $9.95 from my checking and using it at SBS Family Fun. I don't know how this was done and i didn't authorize this. This need to be removed and i need to be reimbursed. I can be reached at [protected] about this matter.

Sandy Hahn Mar 24, 2009

The due date on my JC Pennys card has been the end of the month, 29, 30 or 31. One month I did not receive a statement., so I went to the store and paid the payment before the end of that month. Next month, again no statement. Again paid before the end of the month. Tried to contact Pennys Credit Dept., unable. Next month received statement, the due date had been changed to the 24th of the month, and $60 late fees added to my account for the previous 2 months that I did not receive a sttement. What a scam...change the due date and don't mail a statement. I called, and after almost an hour on hold they agreed to reverse one month $30. This month, again no statement. Went to the store and paid before thr 24th. Asked them to look up the account and verify the due date. She said the note on account said call credit department for due date??? The clerk that helped me said the same thing happened to her. No statement the month the due date was changed, she also got hit with a late fee. This cannot be legal. I will be paying off the card and will never shop at Pennys again, nor will any member of my family. J C Penny used to be such a reputable company...what happened.

• Bc
    bcsnana Sep 07, 2009

J.C. Penney in Kalamazoo, MI has an argumentative clerk. After waiting 15 minutes to purchase some school clothes, I went looking for a cashier. When I found a woman organizing hangers, I asked if she could check me out. She told me there was someone at the check-out. I explained there wasn't anyone there and she proceeded to argue "Yes there is!" Another customer overheard her and supported my point that there was no cashier at the register...then she backed off and said, "I gueeesssss I can help you."
    Seriously...Michigan is in a world of hurt with not enough jobs for people and people losing their homes to foreclosure. Does the clerk at J. C. Penney think they are the only store people go to to shop for school clothes?
    I left the store and did my shopping and buying elsewhere. J.C. Penney can go jump in Lake Michigan.

• Sd
    SDShopper Sep 16, 2009

Even i had a similarly unpleasant experience with a JCPenny cashier at 7007 Friars Road San Diego, California 92108

.I had an egiftcard from Discover as part of their cahback bonus program for $50 which could be used either online or in any of their stores.It had a 16 digit code and pin that a cashier was required to enter while processing the order.Firstly, that old cashier lady looked at the piece of paper in disbelief saying she's never seen anything like this before and refused to believe me.She even said that their store doesnt accept egiftcards even though it was explicitly mentioned in the printout of jcpenny egiftcard policies that they do.

She even told me that 'she doesnt think its legit' thus treating me like some cheap swindler out to cheat jcpenny!I also had a 15% off coupon (cos i had filled out a survey) and she said they cant accept 2 discounts.I had to explain to her that a gift card is not a discount so i was only using 1 discount and she said haughtily ' I can read'.

Finally after 30 minutes of humming and hawing and 2-3 half hearted attempts at entering my giftcard code she gave up and said ' I can't lose my job for u' as if i was asking her to do something illegal!She called up 'security' and they said their store doesnt accept such giftcards!

What frustrated me to the core was that I had used a similar kind of gift certificate just the previous day (another cashier) at the same store successfully but today no one seemed to know how to use it and policies seem to have changed overnight!

In all i spent 45 minutes there and since i'd spent an 1 hr before selecting and trying on clothes I paid for it in full anyway and left as I had to get somewhere else.

I think when companies decide to have partnership programs (points and giftcards) they should make sure that all their employees are aware of them and the procedure to accept them.

What frustrated me to the core was that she could have atleast behaved like i had a legit claim and treated me with some respect and apologized for her ignorance about partnership policies.

• Lv
    lvi1 Feb 22, 2010

I am looking for forums to speak out about retailers making insanely absurd credit decisions in the aftermath of the new credit laws - all in an effort to save face after years and years of extending credit to less than creditworthy individuals.

After being a loyal customer of JCP for almost 10 years, and finding myself in the best financial position of my adult life I got a ridiculous letter in the mail today stating that with the "use of their credit scoring system that predicts your ability to meet future debt obligations", they are lowering my credit score.

My husband and I have the greatest joint income we have ever had, we recently refinanced our mortgage for an excellent rate, although we NEVER missed a payment prior to refinancing, we meet our monthly obligations and are working through carefully planned home improvement projects/expenses. I CANNOT BELIEVE JCP thinks now, of all times, they have a computer that can reliably predict my ability/inability to pay my debt obligations - better than my 10 years as a LOYAL JCP customer. NO MORE. As a family of 4, what I might have chareged on my JCP card is a drop in the bucket compared to what we have spent in total at that establishment in the last 10 years.

Honestly, I cannot even tell you what my credit limit is at this minute and that really isn't the issue. It is the principle of the matter and for that and that alone we WILL NOT BE shopping in JCP. Macy's - here we come!

• De
    Debra lynn May 04, 2010

A couple weeks back i ordered a microwave oven to be spipped to my daighters house, i ordered it through the jc penny catalog.Then i get a letter stating it didnt go through. I called back it was ordered again and the jc penny card was accepted, but they couldnt explain why it wasnt the first time.
    They verified my daughters address twice, instead they sent it to my house.It was on my front porch when i arrived home, i have a bad back not suppose to lift over 5 lbs for 4 weeks, i had to carry that in my house.
    I called ask to talk to a supervisor, she said they were not allowed to pick it up and send it to the correct address.
    She said they could pick it up, then i would have to reorder it.I wasnt going to do that when the color red i wanted they said didnt have many left.And i wasnt for sure the same onr would be sent.
    She said she would send me $15.00 gift card, i am not satisfied with that amount, if i shipped it myself it be very costly.So now i have to drive around 100 miles to take it to her, i drive a 150 king cab ford truck.
    This isnt the 1st time this has happened i never made a complaint before.
    Other wise i love shopping in the store.
    Thank you for your time of reading this, Debra Lynn

SassySeaMonkey Jun 08, 2010

As a recent former employee of JCP, I can affirm several things:

-JCP does accept those egiftcards--they're not common and most employees aren't even aware that they exist until a customer presents one (I would blame the training for this. I cannot believe how poorly the people in my dept. were trained and how they struggled to accomodate the simplest requests.)

-To the original poster: Your request should not have been a problem once you located your receipt. There is a function on the register called "post-void" that will cancel out the gift card and associates can start fresh.

-You can use 2 discounts or more, depending on the discounts. The survery CAN be used with any other discount. Period.

-Don't ever let associates or managers tell you that a coupon cannot be accepted because the system is not recongnizing the numbers or there is no barcode or it won't scan, etc. There is ALWAYS a way to override discounts, and associates do not need a manager or their permission for that. JCP associates have MULTIPLE options on the register in order to process a discount and it is very easy. If the associate knows what they are doing, it takes seconds.

• Tr
    Trudy Logan Oct 27, 2010

Company says i have late payments

• Po
    pobarjenkins Oct 27, 2010

Well do you?

• Sh
    Shirey E. Hermanson Feb 25, 2011

I have 2 accounts and pay [protected] &[protected] and would like to combine the the amounts to just
    [protected] could you combine them on the [protected] cause that is the one i pay on line and am bieng charged a late charge on the [protected]
    Thank you Shirley E. Hermanson