Jasper EnginesJunk engines

T

After my third engine was installed, I prommised Jasper I would advertise and spread the word every where I could about their product and warranty, if it did not give satisfactory service. Guess what? Unlike Jasper, I'm keeping my prommise and integrity.

The first engine failed (knocking) after a little more than 11, 000 miles, installed in 2006. The second engine (warranty repalcement) smoked from the time it was first crancked (Bad head). The third just failed, (knocking) after just a little over 14, 000 miles. That is a long way from the service they insinuate you will get from their engines. Even an engine misused, (these engines were not) with any quality of workmanship and materials would hold up longer than that!

Jasper stood behind the first engine, by trying to pass off blame. While the replacement engine was being installed, time was still ticking on the warranty. This replacement engines warranty begins with the remaining balance of the first one. Once you begin to have problems the pride and image they progect on their web site disappears. I can only assume the replacements are of inferior quality (seconds). How else can they explain only a 4% failure rate when one person has had 100% failure rate. I've built engines in my back yard 20 years ago and was abussive to the engine (dogging it) and it was still running strong when it was sold 6 years later! So how can Jasper pass the buck on an engine that was not dogged and installed by a certified mechanic? Jasper warranty service tecnicians are also rude and just don't seem to "get it" When a person buys an engine they expect to get considerable service out of an engine other wise they would not bother with the replacement. Much of my warranty time was eaten up, by the truck sitting in the shop. On their web site they insinuate long service life of their engines They claim their engines meets or exceeds OEM specifications. I can only assume that something must be awash with quality control then. Would anyone spend their hard earned cash on a Jasper engine and labor, to only get less than 15, 000 miles from an engine? That is my experience with three engines in 4 years. Obviously Jasper has not learned the "GOLDEN RULE"! Coustomer satisfaction always comes first and he is always right! I going to try help them learn it! You'll never get my business, recomendations and I will do everything I can to let the world know of your Engines, Warranties and rude business practices!!!

• Jp
    Jpeterson523 Aug 25, 2016

We purchased a International Dt466 from Jasper Engines & Transmissions in July of 2010 for $13, 452.00. The Engine had a massive oil leak coming from the breather tube the moment we started the new engine. We contacted Jasper immediately and they told us to check a couple of things and that maybe the engine had to be broken in and not to call them until it had 100hrs on it. The leak never stopped. They sent us a new engine but never compensated us for the r&r and repairs as they promised they would. This is a horrible company to do business with, they do not stand by there product.

• Ib
    ibdilbert Jul 02, 2010

"I've built engines in my back yard 20 years ago and was abussive to the engine (dogging it) and it was still running strong when it was sold 6 years later!"

Then why did you put a jasper engine in if you have such great experience?

Really stinks you've had bad experience with Jasper Engines, I've had nothing but great results, and the one time I had a minor issue, their warranty covered it w/out any issues at all. With my experience, I'd trust a jasper rebuilt over a factory one any day.