Menu

G
Author of the complaint
9:47 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am a 55 year old single busy professional woman who signed up with It's Just Lunch in November 2012. I clicked on their website at http://www.itsjustlunchphillysuburbs.com because I live in the Phila suburbs and that is where I wanted to date. There is (supposedly) a Phila office but I made sure to call what I thought was the suburban Phila office. I paid $2700 for a membership that included a personal interview ($200) and 5 dates @ $500 each. Scam #1, there is no suburban Phila It's Just Lunch office. I am not sure where my 'dating director' lives but I can guarantee you it's not in Phila. She knows nothing of the city and refuses to listen when I try to explain the incredible hassle of traveling through the city at rush hour. Scam #2, I am told I have to accept dates who live in New Jersey and Delaware even if I do not want to. Scam #3, I am told I have to accept these out of state dates because my contract states "Philadelphia." Apparently, New Jersey and Delaware are in Philadelphia. Scam #4, I have had 3 dates so far and none of them have been in "suburban Philadelphia." Scam #5, at my personal interview I discussed what I was looking for in a man. When I asked why they were matching me with these long distance men, I was told because I might fall in love and want to move, and, she wasn't kidding... Scam #6, they 'googled' me during my personal interview to make sure I was acceptable. (They were very clear that they don't do background checks - a word to the wise.) I won't even go into the quality of the creepy men I have met. Let's just say the best was a wife-stabbing alcoholic. Apparently, they didn't google him. I did and the Phila Inquirer and New Jersey newspapers covered the stabbing episode and subsequent arrest extensively. In summary, I can't believe I have been scammed by a company that's been touted by Forbes, Wall Street Journal, The Today Show, Oprah and others. I really don't understand this completely unacceptable level of customer service. I was assured in my personal interview that they had plenty of quality men my age - well, maybe they do, just not in suburban Philadelphia.

More It's Just Lunch [IJL] complaints & reviews

It's Just Lunch [IJL] - It's Just Lunch (Scam!)
It's Just Lunch [IJL] - Poor Customer Services/Credit-Refund Issues