Menu

It's Just Lunch [IJL] review: Lies and Deception

C
Author of the complaint
10:07 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

It's Just Lunch used deception to have me type in my name at the top of the page of the online "paperwork" that the IJL employee promised to "walk me through" during our phone conversation, but didn't. Once I printed the "paperwork", it turned out to be their contract. Per the contract, I discovered that the Client has several business days to cancel the agreement for a full refund. But when I called the next morning to discuss my cancellation, the "director" said that they never do refunds. The MasterCard Disputes Dept. tried several times to contact the IJL Corporate Office World Headquarters for me, to no avail. The IJL Corporate Office does not take calls, only voicemail messages promising to call the Client back.

More It's Just Lunch [IJL] complaints & reviews

It's Just Lunch [IJL] - It's Just Lunch (Scam!)
It's Just Lunch [IJL] - Poor Customer Services/Credit-Refund Issues
It's Just Lunch [IJL] - Total Scam-Worse Matchmaking Service
It's Just Lunch [IJL] - Bad service
It's Just Lunch [IJL] - Rip Off
1 comments
N
Jun 15, 2014 9:06 pm EDT

My review comes from the perspective as an employee of It's Just Lunch. I worked in the Milwaukee IJL office as a temporary employee, basically to answer the phones and do various projects around the office. Never, ever in my life have I worked for a more dishonest, classless, horrible company. I always wanted to answer the phone "IT'S JUST LIES" because I was outright told to lie to people. I did not do any of the matchmaking, nor did I call the clients to tell them about their prospective dates, but I did have to answer the phones only to be screamed at because the person they met wasn't at all what they wanted or were told they were going to be meeting. When I did reminder calls, clients would often ask me to refresh their memory and tell them again about the person they were going to be meeting. I was not allowed to tell that information so I would have to say that the person's file was in the director's office and they were in a meeting so I couldn't go in there and someone would call them back, which of course, no one ever did. Also, if a client called to complain about their date, they were deliberately not set up again for a few weeks because they complained! I could never understand why people who had that kind of money would spend it on lies and deception, but of course you never know going in to something like this. When people tried to get their money back and cancel out of their contract in the allotted amount of time, refunds were never given with the excuse of "we don't accept phone calls/faxes/letters as the appropriate way to cancel." I felt so bad for all those people who spent their hard earned money on pure lies. In all fairness, the "directors" can't give you what they don't have. They don't have good looking, smart, funny people to set you up with, but they will sure tell you they do to get your money. After my temporary position had ended, they offered me the job but told me not to tell my temporary agency because they didn't want to have to pay the fee that would come along with hiring me. I signed a contract not to do that and so did IJL! They are liars, scammers, horrible deceptive people and I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. The amazing part is that they are still in business and clueless people are still giving them their money. Seriously people, stay away!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

57 complaints