iTravel2000misrepresentation

J

The bottom line with itravel2000 is if the don’t deliver what they promise, and bill you otherwise, is it really a deal; or bait and switch?

When you look on their website (Toronto) you will not find the names of managers, or persons you can resolve complaints with. Your complaint just goes to customer service. They report having over 100 agents; good luck with the follow-up. Consequently, I emailed EVERYONE posted on their website, multiple times, and I am no closer to resolution. I am drafting a formal complaint with the Toronto Metropolitan Police, Fraud Squad, TICO, VISA, and the Ministry of Consumer Services. Ultimately we may end up in small claims court; itravel2000 could be renamed to itravel-to-court-2011.

If I knew now, what I didn’t know then, I would have booked with another travel agency.

Sincerely,

James Harris

• Sw
    sweetsummerfun Mar 17, 2016

I wish I have read the reviews on this site before booking with itravel2000, it was a complete nightmare booking a trip with them. They do a lot of advertising so you'd think they are a reputable travel agency and thus their service is reasonable? Wrong!!! The post sale service is horrible, their agent is very irresponsible, once you book the trip with them, if you have questions, you have to email or call many times to get an answer. Also the agents made lots of mistakes on the names and invoices and if you don't keep reminding them, they will not send you all the required travel documents/ tickets. The customer care department is completely useless, they do not care about customer complaints, they ignored those complaints. I traveled very often and this was my first time booking with itravel2000 and it will for sure be my last one. Don't be fooled by their promotions, those extra savings are not worthy the extra headaches you are going to have dealing with the customer service (which does not exist) later on!!!

• Wo
    world traveller May 26, 2011

I have booked 4 trips in a year with itravel2000 and will never again as 2 of the trips were either booked incorrectly or itravel2000 requested additional funds to produce tickets after providing me with a paid invoice for services. Trip 1 was a simple 2 week holiday in Mexico, we added an additional person for the 1st week. They booked the additional person on the wrong date so when I called to have the mistake taken care of they told me I have to pay a change fee if I want what I booked and had a receipt for. I paid the change fee and then when I arrived at the hotel the changes were not made, I had to deal with the hotel myself. Trip 2 was an airline ticket for which I was provided a receipt, when I couldn't print my ticket I called and they said my ticket wasn't issued yet and that I had to pay more now. The receipt did not say this is what you paid "subject to rate increases if we forget to ticket" so I fought for 2 days with them and they finally issued my ticket for the agreed price. NOT COOL.

• It
    itravel2000 angry Apr 21, 2011

emails sent to itravel2000.com are routinely ignored, you can never get anyone to hear or address your complaints. [email protected] is completely useless. If you read this before you purchase your ticket, I advise you strongly NOT TO purchase it from itravel2000.com

You will be sorry if you do

• Lu
    Luv2travel113 Feb 11, 2011

Have to agree with Nate1 - if you are going to post that type of accusation online, its only seems fair to include the details supporting it? Not to say that you weren't in fact wronged but failing to support your complaints with details or facts does not help anyone reading your comments...

Nate1 Jan 30, 2011

What did they promise? Or what did they not deliver? I am looking at the website now and your explanation just seems vague or generalized, I realized on purpose, so as (I'm assuming avoid identifiable details). But how did they scam you? I believe they did, just give me details.

Nate1 Jan 30, 2011

The Rent is too damn high

Nate1 Jan 30, 2011

what was the actual problem? jw