iTravel2000 — false advertising

The airlines had a weekend seatsale on and Itravel2000's website reflected these prices through the weekend. Instead of booking directly with Westjet or AirCanada we chose to book on Itravel2000. We booked at 6:30pm on Sunday night which was clearly part of the seatsale which lasted until midnight. The transaction went through and then we received an email the following Monday saying they would not honor that price and that we owed another $150 as there had been a price increase when the seat sale ended and when they came into the office the following morning. We feel this was FALSE advertising and that they should have honored the original price until the deadline or clearly state that the prices would only be in effect until THEY closed that day. That way the customer could have booked with the airline directly. When we called and spoke to an agent about the situation they were etremely rude. I will no longer use this site to book our trips and flights as we had in the past.

jasonwoodbridge May 09, 2011

yes, when pro blem happen, the agent will tell you, not their problem, i only use it as price ref and then go to any travel agents and get in same price or cheapper, , , at least these agent will personally take care of you

• Gi
    giordanella Apr 08, 2011

I purchased flights for my family to join us and had seen the price dropped and had the so called price protection. I requested the refund of the difference knowing that each person received the refund less $40 for admin fees. I received an e-mail requesting more and more information. Even had my daughter call to give the information requested as I was on vacatiion out of country. The in turn said it had to be me so I called them and once again said that they could not help me since the address was different from the payee to the ticket holder. So I tried several times calling from out of country and to no avail. So to this day I did not recieve any monies in the price drop protection it is all a scam in my eyes and pocket book. I will no longer deal with Itravel 2000.