iTravel2000charged exorbitant service fee without breakdown or explanation

T

I purchased a return ticket from Halifax, NS, Canada to Mumbai, India on 2nd September 2013 for the flight departing on the same day due to a family medical emergency. I called itravel2000.com and an agent Ms. Varsha Sethi attended my call to book the ticket. She said the total charge for the ticket would be $2981.74 which will include some charges that would have to be processed by itravel2000.com in-house, so I was not provided with the actual breakdown of the charges. I had to leave due to an emergency, so I did not stress upon that issue at that time.

Upon reviewing my credit card statement, I saw $2350.74 charged for the ticket and $631 charged as a service fee according a response that I received from itravel2000.com customer service email. Upon registering my experience with itravel2000's facebook page, my post was removed from their page and I received a call from Ms. Mona from itravel2000.com. She said that the invoice is a legal document and that my complaint would be of no use. I did not deny the acceptance of the total charges, but I requested for a breakdown of $631, upon which she tried to explain me about high airport taxes, etc. I told her that I have an e-ticket receipt for $2350.74 and it mentions that it includes all taxes, fees, and carrier surcharges. She avoids the subject and says that the agent Ms. Varsha Sethi only charged me $31-$32 as booking fees, but she did not provide me with an explanation of why the additional $600 were charged. I sent her the e-ticket. I haven't heard from Ms. Mona or itravel2000 since.

• Tr
    travelgirl101 Mar 24, 2015

That's going against TICO protocol.
    All prices need to state the appropriate taxes.
    And there has to be a breakdown of all taxes and fees.

Currently a Travel Student and preparing for my TICO exam...do not use Itravel EVER nothing but problems.