Intermountain HealthcareDropping appointments

W

Desperately needed a psychiatric appointment. Took all I had to get out and make it. In early February, we made the appointment for their earliest availability at IHC. This date happened to be April 1st. I was given a 13 page information packet to fill out in order to fulfill the consultation.

During terrible hours of terrible days in these 7 weeks I would find myself counting down the time until I could see somebody and try to get some help.

At 10 AM April 1st, one HOUR before my scheduled appointment I received a phone call that my appointment was cancelled. And if I would like to call back in three weeks she could try to schedule me another one.

On a personal note, things like this completely defeat me--leave me feeling unimportant, unwanted, and unworthy of proper respect.

On a professional note, the hospital would have charge me a fee for cancelling within 24 hours.