Having problems with INTEC College?

INTEC College Customer Service Contacts

+27 21 417 6700 (Head Office)
+27 514 308 030 (Bloemfontein)
+27 214 260 626 (Cape Town)
+27 363 525 083 (Estcourt)
+27 117 122 555 (Johannesburg)
+27 137 522 427 (Nelspruit)
+27 587 131 336 (Phuthaditjhaba)
+27 333 451 665 (Pietermaritzburg)
+27 152 914 384 (Polokwane)
+27 415 850 777 (Port Elizabeth)
+27 123 529 000 (Pretoria)
+27 136 925 400 (Witbank)
6th Floor, Fleetway House, 29 Martin Hammerschlag Way, Foreshore
South Africa

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with INTEC College Customer Service. Initial INTEC College complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for INTEC College above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about INTEC College. Discuss the issues you have had with INTEC College and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

INTEC College Complaints & Reviews

INTEC Collegeunethical behaviour

Was advised by Intec College towards end of 2016 I will be emailed as to when the next exam registration date is. Went into their offices in Port Elizabeth this morning only to find out that the registration date for June 2017 exams is already closed. They cannot explain as to why they did not notify me and said that when they know the next date for November 2017, they will email me.

Unacceptable service as I now have to wait and hope for communication. Even the staff at the Port Elizabeth Branch are incompetent.

INTEC Collegeexams

Hi
    Intec suck!! they don't come back with feedback!!!
    I wrote 4 subjects in the November exam session 2016, of the 4 subjects 3 of the subjects question paper was wrong !!!
    I phoned and I emailed and phoned again but still no answers I payed for those subjects and I have to drive +/- 120km each day to write this
    subjects...
    they are truly useless!!

student number [protected]
    Emil Holtzhausen

INTEC Collegeno student support

My son (student nr [protected]) lodged his assignments on 27 oct. I wish to lodge a complaint about your services.

We sent in my son’s assignments on 27 october, and have not had any confirmation that you have received them. we had to send them from my email address, as you system was down again!

Every time we call to speak to someone, the call just gets cut off with a voice saying you have a problem. this has been going on for at least 2 weeks.

My son sent a query via the website to jordash naidoo his student advisor, but has still not had a reply, this has also been more than 2 weeks.

This morning I got through to a person, who told me she couldn’t help, because the system was down and I must call back.

This is completely unacceptable!

Your courses cost the same as last year, but you didn’t print anything or provide hand books, so you must have 99% of the course money. why don’t you use that to sort your system out and support the students?

• have you received his assignments?
      • what date is the cut off for assignments to be in so he can write exams next year march/april (he waited 3 months for results and only got his study material in aug this year)
      • how and where can we get answers to assignments to check what correct answers are to questions he got wrong?
      • how and where can we get past exams papers?

Please answer me urgently

INTEC College — study material not received /assignment not marked

After numerous attempts to get any support from Intec on all my queries since the beginning of 2016 I do not...

INTEC Collegemy award still not received

My name is Caleisle Ngwenya, student number: [protected]. I finished my studies with Intec College which is under the ambrella of ICG College Group, in mechanical engineering by January 2016. i was told i would receive my award after 8 weeks of completion and final payment. i made the payment by January 2016 and got a statement of confirmation. until today the 1st of June 2016, i have still not received my award. Every time i contact the academic school department, i am given the same letter which was sent to me in January 2016; with the same status on the process of my award. I am very disapointed. I need to use the results for advancing my career. I also wanted to continue studying with internet but i feel i have been told lies again and again. please assist.

INTEC Collegeunhappy about billing

I would like to voice out my complaint. On the 12.02.16 I registered for an Intec course in Graphic Design, I paid an amount of R1300 as a deposit. 14 days later I received my study materials, during the course of 2 weeks I decided to start my assignment as I was excited. I then realised that the course is not for me then requested to change. I have since waited for the change to happen, during the course on the month an amount of R599 was deducted from my account, and I had stated that I would pay by hand, I then reversed the amount due to the fact that I had not received my new study materials for Events Management. This month my account was debited again, and I reversed the amount, because I cannot be paying for something that I do not have, now I have been receiving calls and smses telling me that my account is in arrears.

INTEC Collegestudy material outstanding

I registered with Intec College beginning of October 2015 for the ICB Office Administration diploma which is a 3 year course. My first year is to obtain the National Certificate in Office Administration. On the 23rd of November 2015 I received my text books and found that 5 text books were missing although according to a Zaeed from their stores department all 13 units were shipped. I immediately contacted Intec college and informed them which books were missing and was told by their call center that they would escalate the matter to the relevant department. I continuously called the call center to find out where these books were and each time was told that the matter would be escalated to the relevant department and to their manager. I then lodged a compliant on Intec's website and a lady by the name of Claudine from their complaints department did contact me and assured me that she will look into this matter and get my books to me - this was the beginning of December 2015. The whole of December I had to call all the time and follow up as to where my books are and each time was told that the matter will be escalated to the relevant department and that somebody would call me back. Nobody EVER calls you back. Beginning of January Claudine called me again to query if I had received my books as she had gone on leave in December and had thought that my query was resolved (whatever). I informed her that it had not and that now I was getting irritated considering I had paid up front for my first year and that my first exam was to be written on the 15th of February 2016 and I did not have all the text books to study for that exam. I also told her that Intec's 72 hour turn around time was a load of rubbish as it was passed 1 month since I lodged my complaint. She assured me she would look into this. She then called me back to inform me that their system had made an error and had indicated that all my books were sent and it was not an Intec fault. I find that to be a very untrue statement. Somebody had to indicate which books were being sent. So now, they had to reorder my 5 units and that these books should arrive in January. She kept extending the date and eventually said that they would be shipped over night by the end of January 2016. Well guess what? Today is the end of January 2016 and I still do not have my missing 5 units. My exam is now 15 days away and I cannot fully study for it. What makes it worse is my next exam is in May and I do not have any of those books to study for that exam. I find Intec's response to complaints and the manner in which they handle their complaints completely unacceptable. All I want are my 5 missing units that I paid for in order for me to complete my studies this year. They are now interfering with my study time as I only have x amount of days to study and being a mom and full time employed does not give me much time to study. This now adds extra pressure. So Intec College, where are my 5 units?

INTEC College — exchange of 'outdated' textbooks

I registered with Intec in January 2015 for the Technical Financial Accounting course. I was told when...

INTEC Collegerefund

Hi my name is Nomthandazo Sibanyoni, I registered with the college in August 2015 and the application was later decline after I had made a payment for registration. I have been dealing with Natasha Martin and recently when I send emails she is not responding and when you try calling her the call centre stuff tell you that she cant get to the phone. Below is the communication between the two of us... Sent: 23 October 2015 12:02 PM To: Thando Sibanyoni Good day Thank you for your email. Kindly be advised, as refund is in process. I can only try to request for urgent response. The moment I have more feedback will inform you. I am so sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you Should you have further account queries, please refer them to [protected]@icg. edu. za Please contact us should your personal details have changed or if you require additional information. We look forward to being of service to you again soon. Kind Regards Natasha Martin Credit Administrator Sent: 23 November 2015 11:31 AM To: 'Credit Operations Team' Hi Can someone in your office give me a call and explain to me why should I be the one that always has to contact you for a refund that is due to me? It’s been months now and I still haven’t received my refund. Your soonest response will be appreciated Sent: 10 December 2015 11:09 AM To: [protected]@icg. edu. za Hi This has been going on for too long, I send emails and no one bothers themselves to respond. How is it possible that a person should wait for so long just to get a refund? It’s getting to a point that I will have to take further steps to resolve this issue. These people are so quick to take your money and when they have to refund you back its a mission. Hope this will bring a solution to this issue. Regards Nomthandazo Sibanyoni

• Le
                  Leila Maneveld Mar 28, 2018

Oh wow, I am dealing with Natasha now and shes seems so nice, hope you got your money.

INTEC College — awaiting certificate

I registered for basic safety and electrical with intec college in 2013. I was supposed to be credited with...

INTEC Collegerefund due for 5 years!

To: '[protected]@icg.edu.za' Subject: FW: [protected]- Good day Please urgently advise on the below refund I have been waiting the last 5 years for, The below is an email trail, whereby Natasha has advised me of processes surrounding a refund. Surely, as I have already waited 5 years, I should be exempted from waiting 3 months for my own money. I asked her below questions which she has since not replied to and when I called to speak to her, she refused to speak to me and only advised the call centre agent what the procedure is. I don’t need to stress my disgust, as I am sure you receive complaints such as these on a more than regular basis. I am tired of making endless phone calls to the call centres and having to explain myself over and over again. If there is anyone in INTEC that actually works, please assist me with obtaining my refund urgently! Kind regards To: 'Credit Operations Team' Subject: RE: [protected]- Hi Natasha Thank you for the below info. Although, I am not concerned with internal processes as this has taken INTEC 5 years to do. Therefore, I request that you adhere to your confirmation for an urgent review to be done on the refund and also provide a turnaround time on the refund. Alternatively, Please furnish me with names and email address/ contact numbers for the people that will have to assist with this, so that it can be brought to their attention and they can assist in decreasing the review procedure, as it seems that this process needs the approval of 5 departments/ persons to give back my own money. Please note: To offer your clients a 60 to 90 day refund policy is pathetic! I know that a refund can be done with in the time line of 7 working days. To then make excuses as the below to a client that has waited 5 years for a refund is mind blowing! Once again, Thank you for you “speedy” feedback/info regarding my refund. I await the escalation for the urgent review as well. Yours in anticipation From: Credit Operations Team [mailto:[protected]@icg.edu.za] Sent: Monday, 19 October 2015 12:42 PM To: Subject: RE: [protected] Good day Thank you for your email. Kindly be advised, your refund forms received, also escalated to the department that assist with extensions, however regarding to your refund the procedure is as follows will take up to 60 -90 days for this is the procedure it needs to follow: 1. The admin department will check and send for review. 2. The National Credit Manager need to sign off 3. It get then reviewed by the Refund committee. 4. Lastly sign off by the General Manager. 5. Gets then sent to the department that liaise with the Finance department in Durban. That is the full procedure of refunds and why it take up to 60 -90 days. Only request I can confirm with you is that I can sent it for urgent review. Thank you Should you have further account queries, please refer them to [protected]@icg.edu.za Please contact us should your personal details have changed or if you require additional information. We look forward to being of service to you again soon. Kind Regards Natasha Martin Credit Administrator 29 Martin Hammerschlag Way, Cape Town Tel: [protected] Fax: [protected] Sent: 16 October 2015 11:37 AM To: Credit Operations Team Cc: [protected]@icg.edu.za Subject: [protected] Good day Please see attached a request for refund in the amount of R1320.00. Please note that this refund was transferred to my new course (student Number ) [protected]. I hope this info. Helps INTEC to determine the correct route of action Please note: • An amount of R1720. Was over paid into my initial account which closed in 2009 or before. • At no times in the last 5 years was I advised of an over payment • I am yet to do the last subject and therefore requested an extension until June 2016 which is R400.00. • The amount that needs to be refunded is therefore R1320.00 only. Due to the waiting period of 5 or so years of not being advised that an amount of R1720 was supposed to be refunded into my account. I feel that the 3 month waiting period does not apply to me in any aspect. I have given Intec sufficient time to process my refund. These are my docs attached and I expect the necessary to be done and a turnaround time should be communicated. The reason I am including the manager of the Intec call centre, is to advise him also that his call centre staff never returns calls, and feedback always differs. Shakier himself is never available, I find it hard to believe that he even exists. I await your swift response on my long outstanding refund Yours in understanding

INTEC College — lack of response on refund - 60 days overdue

This letter is to complain about service I received from Intec College. I cannot name anyone specifically a...

Johannesburg

INTEC Collegemislead on course available won't refunc

On the 21st of January 2015 we applied to enroll Bianca Nel for Intec Coreldraw x 4 short Course Certificate Sibahle Magcu helped us to submit all documents and send us an invoice [protected], we had to do a payment of R5727.00. This was transferred into Intec's account on the 23rd of January 2015. Two days later Sibahle Magcu phoned me and said they don"t have this course anymore and we must change to an adobe course this is not what we wanted and cancelled our application with tho procedure they guided us with. And we requested a refund. We had to submit loads of documents and since the end of February 2015 we are still awaiting our refund. We could not help this girl to enroll at another institution as we awaiting our refund. Every week we phone and email just to hear the payment went to finance in Durban but no one could give us a contact number of person to talk to in finance and still no money.

INTEC College — refund still not received

Last year I applied for a course (First Aid level1). I competed all the documents and registration and made...

INTEC College — refund overdue

My child registered with intec to write her matric. All docs were completed and sent. We were informed before...

Johannesburg

Intec - Diploma — awaiting my completed diploma

I recently completed my Diploma in Financial Account (full programme) with this institution and have not yet...

INTEC Collegeabsolutely shocking and unprofessional

Just to give you an idea of the level of service thus far:

5 Consultants and 5 phone calls later, promised to refer this to procurement.

3 Consultants and another 3 phone calls later promised to refer this to management.

Your Facebook page has made 2 promises ( to contact me) they never kept.

I have completed 7 online forms via your website for someone to contact me.

Nadeema from the complaints division promised me on the 10th of March that she would give me feedback by 12pm on the 11th of March. ( None received).

Shakier ( a manager?!) promised to phone me back by 5pm yesterday. ( I am still waiting).

There was never any mention of a delay in study material which should have arrived on the 20th of February, however there was no hesitation to take a deposit or deduct a premium off my account and not provide feedback.  This is by far the worst service I have ever received from any institution.

Kindly advise how this problem can be solved by close of business today?

J Hayman

INTEC College — paralegal diploma

I have registered with Intec College on the 08 Aug 2012. I have received my books by he end of Aug 2012...

INTEC Collegeincompetence

I find it hard to believe that through sheer incompetence I was registered for a course that is not even as yet available at INTEC. Apologies were made, but no further feedback was communicated to me and no response to emails or phone messages to call me back was or is answered. I am simply registering for matric biology. As seen through my emails. But now, I am waiting for 3 weeks. Where I have been assured that within 5 days I will have my student number and soon after that my books. I had to get angry and phone at least a dozen times, to find out that I will not be called back and that I was not told that I was registered for a course that would have no value to me whatsoever.
                      Now a guy phones me from INTEC, stating that the course I want is either unavailable or not yet active. I paid my deposit asap. Now I want my money back and the answer is "Someone will phone you within 48hours. We have a backlog". It is now Friday, I expect my call no further than Sunday. That is 48 hours. If not, I will be heading to small claims court and getting a lawyer that INTEC will have to foot the bill of.

INTEC College — cancellation of the course

I applied to study with Intec College last year 25 November 2011 and I paid my registration fee, the registra...