Having problems with INTEC College?

+27 21 417 6700 (Head Office)
+27 514 308 030 (Bloemfontein)
+27 214 260 626 (Cape Town)
+27 363 525 083 (Estcourt)
+27 117 122 555 (Johannesburg)
+27 137 522 427 (Nelspruit)
+27 587 131 336 (Phuthaditjhaba)
+27 333 451 665 (Pietermaritzburg)
+27 152 914 384 (Polokwane)
+27 415 850 777 (Port Elizabeth)
+27 123 529 000 (Pretoria)
+27 136 925 400 (Witbank)
6th Floor, Fleetway House, 29 Martin Hammerschlag Way, Foreshore
Cape Town
South Africa

Complaints & Reviews

service is non existent and response feedback is nothing short of shocking

I requested an exam voucher for my final IT exam on 12 October and was promised it would be sent via sms to me within 48 hours. Two weeks later I have phoned daily and nobody answers just voicemail and a tape playing one never gets through to a student consultant.

Emails and contact on the internet prove useless I am really desperately trying to get the voucher to book my final exam to no avail. Service is non existent and response feedback is nothing short of shocking please help.

• Ze
    ZEENA SONPRA Apr 09, 2011

i have To say that i enrolle Dwith intec in november 2010 for the 2011 year, and still have not received any info or course material. have been calling everyone in vain!!! i must say: POOR AND PATHETIC SERVIE FROM A THIEVING AND INCOMPETENT ORGANIZATION!!! DISSATISFIED STUDENT! HOPE U READ THIS!

poor service and zero response to queries

I attempted to register to write exams in April 2009 but could not due to a missing payment according to them - I paid the full R9600.00 up front for my course in September 2008. I again tried in July this year and made an additional payment of R1400.00 again up front. For some reason I get a statement asking for money every month and I am still not registered to write exams which start on 12 November 2009. When I phone the call centre I am told that my account is in fact showing a credit (positive) balance of R1400.00 and they are not aware of my exam application - which I have faxed and e-mailed through on numerous occassions together with the proof of payment. I have phoned 7 times now, faxed 6 times, sent two registered letters by post - which were received by Intec according to the tracking numbers and have e-mailed at least 20 times. Still no response except to please resend my exam application and proof of payment AGAIN! If someone can help me please do. If I am not able to write this year I will have to employ a lawyer to get my R11000.00 back. The full R11000.00 will probably all go to the lawyer but Intec sure as ... is not keeping it!

pathetic feedback & no study material

I have registed with intec college a new course and i havent received and feedback from them i dont even have my study jmmaterial as yet or my new student number .i tryed phoning but they just make me wait and nothing happens how much longer do i have to wait for my stuff and i have paid so i dont know whats the problem.can some one please atleast assist me even though i have been phoning for assistance from youl.

• Or
    orangescot1690 Sep 17, 2010

Hi

I agree with the above comments I registered for my son on the 30-07-10 and paid by credit tranfer the same day and all I received was the Study Guide no learning material, I have sent numerouse e-mails even asking for a refund which has not been forthcoming. I am at my wits end wondering what to do, I definitely will never consider enrolling with Intec it seem the only way forward is to sue them in the small claims court.

Bill

• Ni
    Nicole38 Jun 30, 2014

I have recently decided to register with Intec to do Matric maths. I have been told because I did the old curriculum this would be my last year to write it.
    The student consultant was very helpful before I paid and filled in the forms. Once I had done that she became very unhelpful. Telling me not to stress when I asked for my student number.
    I have now got my student number finally. I went onto the virtual site for Intec and saw that I am now registered for English and not Maths. So now they have to get the enrolment forms back and change it. When from the beginning I said Maths on my enrolment form and the student consultant asked if I was doing SG or HG. That is going to take 72 hours.

How can they get it so wrong when everything is in black and white??

Ridiculous

wrong information received by student advisors

Id like to bring to your attention that the services i have received from intec was very poor and unacceptable firstly i registerd with intec and i was due to write an external exams end of july 2009 as thats when my course expires.i have phoned intec on many occasions got thru only to be given the wrong contact information and when i have phoned again i was told that intec does not keep information about external examination bodies but that we were to write an external exams so my question is how do you expect us to write the exams without any contact numbers to book for our exams.and been such a large college one would expect that yourl do keep infomation on them.As a result of your untrained staff i was not able to write the exams and my course has expired and i payed in full for this course which i have takn out a loan for.So i would like to know what to do now course i want to write this exams since i have payed for this course and i need my certificate course this is affecting my job oppertunities. And further more i have emailed you guys about my complains and know one has replyed.I must stress that the service is very bad and appalling and very disappointed.

• Mp
    mpho edwin matladi Apr 14, 2015

Hi am mpho edwin matladi.i am student at intec college.i am dowing electronics technician diploma level 6.my complain i pait intec college on december and competed my study in december. I sperked to diffeant student consult about getting my qualification.no progress u promised me to get award in 8 weeks now it 18 weeks.please help me to get my award.my student number 10011753260 .tel 0783476387

bad service

In 2007 I went to enquire more info at intec about project management certificate my course expired on february they send forms for exam in april of which they didn't tell about, they only told me about assignments I send them all when I try to contact them they don't respond, and I paid them in full.

Help me to achieve my certificate.

Unhappy
Ivon cell [protected]
E-mail :[protected]@hotmail.com

• Me
    megan sally moore Apr 04, 2011

I am experiencing a similar situation. except worse!!! my books were sent almost three month after the course expired. now they expect me to pay 1600.00 for an extension.
    can you believe it? it's their error. this shouldnt be allowed to happen to people. and i will not go unnoticed. i will kick up a major fuss over it!
    good luck obtaining your certificate unhappy.

• Xo
    XOLISILE May 30, 2011

I enrolled with Intec college February 2009 for a diploma in Journalism, did not receive study material session 2, the leaner guide stated that I need to receive session 2 to start with my assignments .i was not able to write assignments called the school several times, they will investigate the matter and call me back . 5 months past they still investigating 488.90 was deducted from my account on a monthly basis . I decided to cancel the debit order, tried calling again to make them aware that I have cancelled the debit order, the call center is always busy you have to wait for an hour to get through when you have eventually made it through you being transferred to one consultant to another . I wanted a quick response so I went to complain to hallo peter .com I was promised to be contacted back, still no response . Then I decided to cancel the contract called the school spoke to Lynnette boysen explained everything she gave me a fax number to fax through the cancellation letter I confirm if she received it she said yes she will escalate to cancellation department. I called several time to confirm if the cancellation was approved only to find out that the cancelation department don’t take calls the cant see anything on their system . On the 11 of February I received a call from Carol to inform me that my account has been handed to legal because I’m owing the school 4000 . That was the shock of my life!!! the school owes me not the other way around .the school doesn’t even respond to consumer Affairs .I wasted almost 2 years trying to sort the problem but all I wanted was to get my diploma . just want to tell the whole world that this institution is a money making scheme .

• Al
    Alison Hall Nov 16, 2013

its now 2013 and the INTEC DAMELIN ICG College group is STILL doing the same thing to its students!! and to top it off, they are ONLY PROVISIONALLY ACREDITED so that means most of their course ARE NOT RECOGNIZED!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS GROUP!!! THEY WERE ON NATIONAL TV IN 2011 AND PROMISED TO MEND THEIR INCOMPETENT WAYS-2 YEARS LATER-THEY STILL DO THIS TO THEIR STUDENTS-They have your money so thy dont care a damn!!!

stay away from intec college

I already complained about Intec not keeping to their promises and giving 10% discount where it is due. Even...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices